• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

travel to Seville from Canada ?

A.C.

Time of past OR future Camino
My dates to walk a Camino have changed to the second week of March . I had considered walking from Lourdes to Santiago but I am leaning toward Via de la Plata.
I am wondering if anyone would have advise on travel from Canada to Seville?

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I'm not sure if it's the same from Canada, but going from New Zealand it is cheaper to fly to Madrid and then get a flight to Seville for another 25-30 euros.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I think you will find that it is easiest to fly to Madrid and then take the train to Seville.
There are simple connections to the train station from the airport (Terminal 4) There is even a ticket office at the airport.
I have made this connection and trip. Very simple.

This is helpful information for me as I too am making the trip from Canada (London, Ont.) to Seville a few days after you! Enjoy the trip... it is fabulous!
SWSW

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm not sure if it's the same from Canada, but going from New Zealand it is cheaper to fly to Madrid and then get a flight to Seville for another 25-30 euros.
better yet if you have time train it what a fabulous trip scenery very awesome..I did it was great.

Train is our favourite mode of transport (after feet), but after a 38 hour flight, one hour on a plane instead of 5 or 6 on a train sounds attractive! That said, I'd have been easily persuaded to take the train - ex pet that I've already booked tickets!

KLM offers flights from Canada to Sevilla changing planes in Amsterdam (the leg from Ámsterdam to Sevilla is operated by Transavia).

British Airways flies from Canada to Sevilla but you have to change airports in London what might be a nightmare.

Otherwise, the best is to fly to Madrid and continue either by plane or overland by train or bus; depending on your budget, preferences... For trains from Madrid to Sevilla take a look at www.renfe.com (it's too early now to book a ticket for spring though but November's schedules and fares might give you an idea). For info about buses from Madrid to Sevilla take a look at www.socibus.es

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Castilian, please don't go confusing the issue with facts;-) I've already booked flights, they only cost twenty-ish euros, I'll be content.

Thanks everyone for very helpful advice . The connection between Madrid airport and train station sounds easy and buying the train ticket at the airport is brilliant .

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My dates to walk a Camino have changed to the second week of March . I had considered walking from Lourdes to Santiago but I am leaning toward Via de la Plata.
I am wondering if anyone would have advise on travel from Canada to Seville?
A friend is travelling from USA to Madrid and the by train to Seville. It's only 2hr40mins and trains run regularly. A lot of flights arrive early in the day so completing the journey in time to enjoy an evening out shouldn't be to much of a problem other than jet lag ! Seville is a jewel of Spain and a wonderful city to visit

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back