• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Traveling in May

mattyashy

Time of past OR future Camino
I've been looking at flights for the Camino Ingles in May. I'll be flying from London to A Coruna and returning from Santiago to London?

I'll get a bus from Coruna to Ferrol, and probably spend the first night in Coruna.

Would I be okay flying out on the Sunday, landing around midday? And returning the following Sunday in the afternoon?

Is the weather okay in mid May?

Does that give me enough time to do the walk?

Thanks

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Weather? In Galicia that is very unpredictable. Temperatures are likely to be fairly comfortable. Rain can and does happen at any time. Sometimes lots of it and for several days. Realistically you just have to be prepared for it with decent waterproofs and making sure your gear is safely packed in waterproof bags. Here are the average figures for May in Santiago: https://weatherspark.com/m/32567/5/Average-Weather-in-May-in-Santiago-de-Compostela-Spain

Time? Most people walk the Camino Ingles in 5 stages. If you can keep more or less to the stages suggested by Gronze you should be OK for time. https://www.gronze.com/camino-ingles One thing to consider though: if you want to receive a Compostela at the end of your walk then you might have to allow most of the Saturday for the business of collecting a pilgrim office queue ticket then returning at the right time. May is likely to be a busy period and queues may be long. If events last year are repeated then the pilgrim office may stop issuing tickets in early afternoon and those arriving later on Friday may not be able to enter the queue until Saturday morning. If a Compostela is important to you then please keep that in mind.

I've been looking at flights for the Camino Ingles in May. I'll be flying from London to A Coruna and returning from Santiago to London?

I'll get a bus from Coruna to Ferrol, and probably spend the first night in Coruna.

Would I be okay flying out on the Sunday, landing around midday? And returning the following Sunday in the afternoon?

Thanks
Im flying from Boston- Madrid and then to Coruna. The flight was only $720.00 roundtrip. I looked at getting a bus from there to Ferrol, but it looked like it would take to long. I posted on the blog hoping to find a pilgrim of two to share a taxi ride ($100.00). Have a great pilgrimage.
I found this site that has good information. https://www.pilgrim.es/en/english-way/

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
In 2019 we walked the Camino Ingles from Ferrol, starting June 3. We had a day of mild overcast weather, a few days of drizzle and moderate rain, and a day of deluge--Storm Miguel--there was no way to stay dry. The strong wind and pouring rain were relentless. The area is beautiful and most of the route is easy, but I would recommend mid summer when it may be less wet.

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back