A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Travelling from Barcelona to pamplona

Orla Joyce

Camino(s) past & future
Walked Sarria to Santiago in 17, now hope to walk the rest of the caminos over the next few years
Hi All, Just wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to get from Barcelona airport to pamplona, is it Airport to city and then city to pamplona by train?

Thanks loads

Orla

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Vibasa Bus also goes, I believe, to Pamplona from Barcelona.

Orla Joyce

Camino(s) past & future
Walked Sarria to Santiago in 17, now hope to walk the rest of the caminos over the next few years
Hi all and thanks for the info, a Hugh help, any chance someone knows the approx price of shuttle to city and then price of train to Pamplona, I think the price to pamplona is approx €30.
Thanks again for any help,
Orla

Orla Joyce

Camino(s) past & future
Hi all and thanks for the info, a Hugh help, any chance someone knows the approx price of shuttle to city and then price of train to Pamplona, I think the price to pamplona is approx €30.
Thanks again for any help,
Orla

Colette Z

Happy Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
CF- Finisterre-Muxia 03/17; Camino SK 10/17; Norte 03/18; Ingles 11/18; Augusta 03/19
I’m traveling from Barcelona Saints train station to Irun (via Pamplona) on Renfe. The 7.5 hour trip leaving Barcelona at 7:30am (end of zfebruary) cost me 19€ 2nd class ticket. I prepurchased my ticket online easily. Getting from the Barcelona airport on the airport shuttle bus is simple, fast and about 5-6€ one way.

Orla Joyce

Camino(s) past & future
Thanks for that Colette, we are hoping to take a 3-4 hour train journey, I think that costs about 30

Cheers

Orla

Fred Bovenkamp

Pilgrim for Life
Camino(s) past & future
2011 Frances
2013 Frances
2015 Piemont-Frances
2017 Portugues
2018 Frances, Ingles
2019 VdlP, Sanabr
On numerous occasions, i have taken the train from Barcelona Airport to the Sants station downtown, from where the train departs to Pamplona. It's just a few euros and very convenient.

Orla Joyce

Camino(s) past & future
ah brilliant Fred, thanks a million. I am finding differing times for the journey to Pamplona, Could you tell me is it about 4 1/2 hours long?

Iriebabel

The cyborg turtle
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2018
Camino Del Norte & part of Lebaniego 2019
Thanks for that Colette, we are hoping to take a 3-4 hour train journey, I think that costs about 30

Cheers

Orla
This is from my ticket
BCN-SANTS 03/2018 09:30. PAMPLONA/I 03/2018 13:15
Hope that helps bought on Renfe website...a challenge as the site crashed but eventually got it no problem
Dont know about the shuttle as I will stay with a friend in BCN for a couple days before catching the train

Orla Joyce

Camino(s) past & future
That's great Iriebabel, thanks a million. Enjoy you camino experience.
ORla

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 323 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 94 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 373 28.8%
  • October

Votes: 156 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock