• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travelling from Cork, Ireland

p_paddy

Hi,
I'm planning on doing the Camino Francés from St Jean-Pied-du-Port to Santiago de Compostela in September.

What would be the best method of getting to St Jean-Pied-du-Port and back from Santiago de Compostela if I'm departing from Cork, Ireland.

regards,
Paddy

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Crikey! that's a tricky one. I needed to get back to France. By air I would have had to go to England (Stanstead), then Paris, then Bordeaux and pay HUNDREDS of pounds so I hired a car, dropped it off at San Sebastian, took a taxi to the French border, got a train to Angouleme and was picked up there.

hhmmmm ... Start searching at cork airport I guess. Or go to London and get the train to St. Jean - tunnel to Paris and then you are in the system - French trains are Fab.

Anyone know?

Hello Paddy

You can fly Shannon to biarritz with ryan air.

Then sncf biarritz to bayonne and then bayonne to ST J.P DE P

I am getting train from paris to Bayonne on 4/9 arriiving Bayonne 20.30
going to stay their the night and get first train to ST J in the morning .

I am now going to try and book Orisson. for the 5/9 so I can start walking their in the afternoon

Might meet you on the way

Nickie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am leaving from Dublin on the 4th of October. I have a flight from Dublin (you can also fly from Shannon) to Biarritz then will go by train or whatever to St Jean. The return trip I have not planned out that well yet but probably Santiago de Compostela to Stanstead then to Dublin.
Don't know if this helps or not
Rod

I was very excited :D to hear that Aer Lingus fly from Santiago de Compostela to Dublin but alas....This was the response I got from the Aer Lingus Site.

:(
Flights do not operate on your selected travel date/s. Aer Lingus operates from Mar 25 2007 - Oct 26 2007 on days Tue Sat

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Travel Booked .....

Hi,
Thanks for the info .... I booked my flights today and both were pretty reasonable price-wise ..... Going out to Biarritz with Ryanair and going to return to Dublin with AerLingus ......

Just need to check out trains from Biarritz to St.Jean now

thanks again.....

Roll on mid-September : )

Re:

Br. David said:
Crikey! that's a tricky one. I needed to get back to France. By air I would have had to go to England (Stanstead), then Paris, then Bordeaux and pay HUNDREDS of pounds so I hired a car, dropped it off at San Sebastian, took a taxi to the French border, got a train to Angouleme and was picked up there.

hhmmmm ... Start searching at cork airport I guess. Or go to London and get the train to St. Jean - tunnel to Paris and then you are in the system - French trains are Fab.

Anyone know?
Try Dublin to Bibao (aerlingus.com) and the get a bus or train to Pamploma and perhaps a taxi to SJPdP. you may even be able to get a bud direct to SJPdP from Bilbao.

Most read last week in this forum

Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done Vézelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back