Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Travelling from Madrid to Sahagun in July

Marcel234

“Not all those who wander are lost.”
Past OR future Camino
2009/10/11/12/13/14/15/16 and this June 2017
Hello everyone,

On the 9th of july I will be flying from Amsterdam to Madrid. The next day (10th of july) I want to go by train from Madrid to Sahagun. I looked on the website from Renfe and I have found the information.

One thing is not clear for me. I see different trainstations in Madrid. Wich one do I have to take? Can anybody tell me which trainstation is the closest to the airport?

Thx!!!

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Canuck

Veteran wanderer
Past OR future Camino
?
Marcel234 said:
I see different trainstations in Madrid. Wich one do I have to take? Can anybody tell me which trainstation is the closest to the airport?

Hi!,
The station depends on the train. If you travel by Regional Express, you leave from CHARMATIN. If, on the other hand, you go by ALVIA, the train leaves from ATOCHA. (Click on the train number for info).

You have easy access to Charmartin from the airport, by means of the subway line 8 with transfer to line 10 at the station Nuevos Ministerios.(35 min travel time)

Nice and easy,
Jean-Marc

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Past OR future Camino
Many, various, and continuing.
You can take ALL the Madrid-Sahagun trains from Chamartin, as the Atocha service is dicey. There are eight trains every day, with a variety of prices and times.

Reb
(Sahagun is my "home" station)

Marcel234

“Not all those who wander are lost.”
Past OR future Camino
2009/10/11/12/13/14/15/16 and this June 2017
@ Jean Marc and Rebekah thx for the replies.

Okay so the easiest way from the airpot is Chamartin. I looked it up but I cannot find 8 trains a day. I found this one

Madrid-Sahagun 10th of july
Departure 14.20 Arrivel 19.20

http://hafas.bene-system.com/bin/query. ... 4&OK#focus

It's with Talgo and Renfe and it has 2 transfers. It's ok by me but I preferred a train without the transfers. Are there any?

And I see I have to make a reservation for the Talgo. Where can I do that? And can I also buy onine tickets for the renfe trains?

Again thx!!

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Past OR future Camino
Many, various, and continuing.
My Renfe timetable shows trains from Madrid Chamartin to Sahagun (direct) at 6.50, 11.00, 11.30, 14.40, 14.30, 18.30, 16.45, 18.14. Other alternatives include taking trains to Valladolid, Burgos, or Palencia and changing there for Sahagun trains. Booking online with Renfe is a maddening business, as their website is an international joke.

I am not a travel agent, I don´t think anyone else here is, either. Maybe you should consult with one of them for the fine details and advance bookings.

Reb.

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Kate Cooney

Past OR future Camino
Have walked from France to Sahguan
Hello I am looking for a bus from Madrid to Sahagun at around 11pm at night. All I can see is a bus that goes to Leon arriving at around 4.30am and then catch a early train to Sahagun. When I use the bus website it tells me to use an alternative date. Is there a bus direct to Sahguan?

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads