• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travelling from Santiago to Ourense

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A selection of Camino Jewellery
That Avant train is extending south and the construction is what's making the walk INTO Ourense so horrible! But it is only a 37 minute ride, vs. 2 hours on the bus and almost that on the regional train.

You pass by some very tall and impressive railway viaducts when walking from Ourense to Santiago, so I guess it would be good to see them from the train as well. These are only used by the fast trains, I think.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Just in case anyone might be interested, five of us jumped into a taxi last October at Santiago airport which took us straight to our hotel in Ourense - cost Euros 140...

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
That Avant train is extending south and the construction is what's making the walk INTO Ourense so horrible! But it is only a 37 minute ride, vs. 2 hours on the bus and almost that on the regional train.
Dear Peregrina2000, I have found your entries regarding the Via de la Plata most informative and interesting. Perhaps you can also assist me with the following. We will be staying at the Princess Hotel in Ourense. Would you suggest taking a taxi from either the bus station or the train station to the hotel ? Thank you very much and kind regards. Sonnie

Would you suggest taking a taxi from either the bus station or the train station to the hotel ?
The two stations are next to each other, but the train station is closer. The walk is not long to your hotel, but it might be best to avoid the initial confusion by taking a taxi.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back