• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travelling from Tomar to Fatima on 13th May 2018

Jose Abalo

Time of past OR future Camino
(2014) (2015) (2018)
Hi all,
A couple fo friend and I will be walking the Camino Portuguese starting from Lisbon on 8th May 2018. We would like to know if any of you - Pilgrims- will be in Tomar on May 13th and wanting to take a taxi to Fatima? interested in sharing a cab... Please let me know if this is the case... Regards Jose from Melbourne Australia....

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Bom dia José
Where you posted your post now is a totaly different subform about a caminho in the east of Portugal ,o caminho Português Interiór , far from the one you want to walk. i agree it is confusing but on the other hand you won't get your answers
The central route connects Lisbon to Porto via Tomar and on. That's the main route .so place your post in the general " Camino Português "forum
And you will get more reactions.

By the way. If you stay at the Santarèm Hostal in Santarèm you will have more change to meet pilgrims who are going to Fátima . But lots of Portuguese pilgrims will prefer to walk .
There is a bus to Fátima from Santarèm. Mario ,the owner of the Santarèm hostal can help you out
In May it is advised to reserve a bed at The Santarèm hostal. It can be busy there with pilgrims either going to Fátima and Santiago
http://santaremhostel.blogspot.nl/

Last edited:
Hi all,
A couple fo friend and I will be walking the Camino Portuguese starting from Lisbon on 8th May 2018. We would like to know if any of you - Pilgrims- will be in Tomar on May 13th and wanting to take a taxi to Fatima? interested in sharing a cab... Please let me know if this is the case... Regards Jose from Melbourne Australia....

Hi Jose, you can get an ordinary scheduled bus from Tomar to Fatima, and back the same day. It leaves about 07:30 and returns about 18:30. Costs about 5 euros one way, and takes about an hour. Check the times at the bus station when you get to Tomar. Or:
https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Tomar/Fátima-Portugal
Jill

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
An easy and cheap bus ride. Drops you a short walk from the sanctuary.

Hi all,
Easy bus to Fatima.

Hi all,
Hi Jose, I started from Lisbon on the 10th March am at Mealhada tonight. If the Albergue at Alpriate is closed my advise would be to catch the train to Alverca and start walking from there. Of course it is your choice but we had difficulty with accomodation until Vilafranca de Xira. We ended up catching the train from Alverca to Villafranca as we could not walk another inch. Make sure you visit the Convent of Christ in Tomar.....Amazing.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
we had difficulty with accomodation until Vilafranca de Xira. We ended up catching the train from Alverca to Villafranca as we could not walk another inch.

Hi, so sorry to hear this, but it seemed to work out OK for you. This is where Brierley comes in handy :). I’ve never had a problem finding a budget room in Verdelha de Baixo, slightly off-route, about 1km before Alverca. There are several lodgings that cater for the local industrial workers. The phone number is on the door – (just for the record, too late for you now) call and say: “Cama - Quarto - Peregrino” (Bed, Room, Pilgrim), and they will be there in 10 minutes to open up for you.
Jill

We had the Brierly book but no phone that worked at that stage and being the first day with wet feet I got blisters on my little toes and could not walk to risk them being closed.
31 Kms is a bit far on the first day for me anyway. Others may find it easy.

You can walk to Fatima from Tomar, the way is plainly marked in blue, the problem comes getting back on the Camino. In any case do beware of the Portuguese drivers, they are a warm and welcoming people but their driving skills are better left to the imagination. Extreme care and caution should be taken when walking next to any road, byway, highway or even parking lot!. While in Tomar don't miss Convento de Cristo up on the hill over the town!!! There is also a synagogue/museum in Tomar which may interest you.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi all,
Hi Jose I would like to share a cab if thats ok Iam staying overnight in Fatima

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back