• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travelling to Conques from UK / Paris

brassneck

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning May 2025
Hi.

We are planning the second stage of the route from Le Puy having finished in Conques last time. I realise it isn't blessed with lots of transport options so we are trying to work out realistically the best way to get back to Conques for us likely next May. There are flights to Rodez but I don't think they start until June so think we need to travel by train. What is the best way by train?

When we travelled home last time from Conques we took the morning bus to Rodez and then train to Toulouse and flight back following morning.

Thanks
Stephen

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
From Leon train station, you can get a train+bus to anywhere.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
In 2017 I took la Malle Postal from Conques to Figeac. From there I took the night train to Paris. I hear the night trains are being revived, but only on some routes.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks for all the suggestions. We live near London so I think my favoured approach is going to be travel to Paris on day 1, morning train to Figeac on day 2, and arrive Conques lunchtime on day 3. Ideally would have like to get there in 2 days but all the options seem to be really tight train connections or the sleeper train arriving at 5am in Figeac so not ideal either. Will think further on this but if anybody has any ideas on how we can comfortably and risk free get to Conques on day 2 from London that would be fabulous.

The advantage of the sleeper is that you don’t need to leave London till about 5pm. I am travelling next week on the sleeper to Bayonne, though that arrives at the more reasonable 7am

The advantage of the sleeper is that you don’t need to leave London till about 5pm. I am travelling next week on the sleeper to Bayonne, though that arrives at the more reasonable 7am
Yeh it’s just the 5am arrival that’s bothering me. Obviously can get to Conques early morning but with bags and kit would several hours before we could access any accommodation. And having to be alert to get off the train would probably mean not that much sleep.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
How about just getting a train to the nearest station and starting to walk from there? Probably Decazeville would work..

Ok - so decided to travel to Paris on first afternoon. Stay overnight. Train next day to Figeac and stay there. Then catch the bus La Malle Postale bus next morning for a start the following day. Quite long -winded but less risk of going wrong especially as we will pre-book all the accommodation so need to keep to the schedule.

Most read last week in this forum

I have a question about buying tickets for the train for getting to Pamplona from Madrid and then from Logroño to Madrid. Is it important to book specifically through Renfe? My partner was looking...
Starting Monday July 22nd 2024. More here: https://www.elcorreogallego.es/galicia/2024/07/21/nuevos-trenes-avlo-renfe-llegan-lunes-galicia-105905995.html Tickets, prices from €7,- one way...
We are planning on traveling to Madrid after our Camino. We bought tickets for the train on Oct. 29. Yesterday we got an email that they inadvertently sold tickets for a train that won't be...
I am just about done with my itinerary. Now I need a way to get from Burgos to Sarria in one day, leaving Burgos on the 8th of September. Train or bus would be preferred. Is that possible ? Or is...
I will be walking from Matosinhos literal way, planning to stay in municipal or private alberges The question is: can I use the transfer company on a daily basis, meaning that I do not know...
Continuing on from a previous thread, does anyone have a telephone number/email of a reliable taxi company who won't rip me off in Bilbao. Have looked at Google and the average price to get to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back