• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travelling to Greece Post Camino

MichaelNW

For those of you who know the ins and outs of European travel I have a question. I have friends on the island of Antiparos in Greece. After my walk I would like to go visit. Antiparos is a tiny island next to Paros. The only way to get there is by ferry. One can fly or ferry to Paros from Athens or one can fly to Mykonos and ferry to Paros. There are also ferries from Santorini. So here is question - how can I get there from Santiago de Compostela as cheaply as possible.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Alsa does have international busses but according to their website it seems like they don't go to Athens. Maybe get a cheap flight out of SDC or Madrid to Athens?

Athens Airport - See travellers info/Airlines and click search to see drop down list of destinations available from Athens.
https://www.aia.gr/traveler/

Aena manages airports in Spain. Each airport has a list of destinations and the airlines that serve them.
http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/HomeAena

If I were you I would go from Santiago by plane, train, or bus to either Bilbao, Madrid, or Barcelona and fly to Athens from there.

Rome2Rio is a good tool to research transport options.
https://www.rome2rio.com/

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
For those of you who know the ins and outs of European travel I have a question. I have friends on the island of Antiparos in Greece. After my walk I would like to go visit. Antiparos is a tiny island next to Paros. The only way to get there is by ferry. One can fly or ferry to Paros from Athens or one can fly to Mykonos and ferry to Paros. There are also ferries from Santorini. So here is question - how can I get there from Santiago de Compostela as cheaply as possible.
Hallo!!!! Well since I am from grecce I can give u the information!!! First of all antiparos is a great small island and you will really enjoy it!!! From santiago u can fly to Madrid with Ryanair the cost is 69€ and from Madrid to Athens with Aegean air and the cost is 140€. Well these are the flights that I took last year to return and I am also talking this year to return from santiago.
Buen camino!

For those of you who know the ins and outs of European travel I have a question. I have friends on the island of Antiparos in Greece. After my walk I would like to go visit. .

When? During the summer your choice of flights soars. OTOH it's likely getting late for the good prices. Vueling out of Barcelona . They tend to have sales. The other airlines may have flights from different airports. The problem is you need to combine the cost of getting to the airports and the flight.

If you're going off season it may be cheaper to do some strange routing. There may be more flights out of London for example at a cheap price. Meaning it ends up saving you money to fly first to London.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Oh sorry - didn't think about timing - April - like sometime between 15-30 2016.

On the upside you've got plenty of time. On the downside less flights during April.

If I was you I'd go to the Vueling ,Ryanair and Easyjet website. Sign up for the email ads they send out. The first two have sales fairly often. You'll have to wait but when you see a sale jump on it.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back