• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travelling to O Cebreiro from Santiago de Compostela

bighe

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi fellow pilgrims! We are planning to start our walk from O Cebreiro, flying in to Santiago de Compostela on 04/08/2018. We are currently trying to work out how to get from the airport to either Pedrafita do Cebreiro or O Cebreiro. We are aware that buses follow this route, but we are unable to find any buses, other than those that go too early in the morning (08:00 and 09:00) or too late in the evening to arrive in time (21:30). In previous forum posts we've seen that buses used to travel at 15:00 and 17:00 too, however these were posts from around 2010. Does anyone have any more suggestions about how we might be able to get to O Cebreiro? Any suggestions very much appreciated! We are considering taking a taxi if necessary as we really want to start at O Cebreiro so if anyone has advice about cheap taxi services, that would also be very helpful. Thank you!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Galloglaigh got it right, O Cebreiro is not exactly an intersection of nation-wide travel options. Not saying there is not a bus service there or nearby but it will be few and far between. Ask at the Tourist info in Santiago or next to Pilgrims Info center where you present your credential concerning the taxi and be prepared to ...ah...negotiate with the driver.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We flew in into Santiago in 2016 and booked our bus tickets to Piedrafita do Cebreiro with Alsa bus. I can't remember what time it left but was a really good service. I liked that you pre booked your seats in advance.

I started my first Camino from O Cebreiro. Took the bus and got dropped off at Piedrafita. From there we walked up to O Cebreiro following the main road - if I remember correctly it was a relatively easy uphill hike of about 40 mins. I didn't see any taxi's round there but I'm sure you could order one.

My wife and I are doing the Camino, also starting in O Cebreiro as well, and starting later this month. We are booking our flights now, and are looking to fly right into La Coruña from Barcelona, stay the night there, then bus to Piedrafita and walk to O Cebreiro from there. Any concerns anyone can think of with this plan?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We changed our flights and are now arriving in Coruña at 11:10am. I'm showing the next bus after 10:45 isn't until 15:55. Are there any other options (Uber?) that could take us to Piedrafita earlier than the bus?

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back