A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Trenhotel Lisbon to Hendaye

jsalt

Jill
Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Hi, does anyone know if this is operating again?

Ekelund

Camino(s) past & future
“It’s your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.” Rumi
I don't know it it is up and running, but what an adventure!

TMcA

Camino(s) past & future
Pamplona to Santiago (2013)
Le Puy to Pamplona in segments (2013 - 2016)
Pamplona to León
Ask the folks at Capitaine Train. Whoops, they have become Trainline. Have been very responsive to my emails and the pricing has, for me, always been competitive or the cheapest. I admit it has been a couple of years since I last used them, tho.

jsalt

Jill
Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Ask the folks at Capitaine Train. Whoops, they have become Trainline. Have been very responsive to my emails and the pricing has, for me, always been competitive or the cheapest. I admit it has been a couple of years since I last used them, tho.

I put in a date 2 weeks from now and got the response:
We’re sorry!
We couldn’t find any results for your search.

Here are the most common reasons why this happens:
  1. The tickets you’re looking for aren’t yet available for booking.
  2. The tickets exist but we cannot yet offer them on our platform.
  3. There are no trains that service this route.
Ummm, so does that mean they aren't operating yet . . . . ?

Kathar1na

Camino(s) past & future
To Santiago and beyond (from home; Voie de Tours; Camino Francés; Biskaya; Manche; Via Brabantica)
Ummm, so does that mean they aren't operating yet . . . . ?
"The Lisbon-Madrid and Lisbon-Hendaye lines, both operated as night hotel-trains, have been suspended since mid-March, when the borders were closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

In May, Renfe explained that it did not plan to resume its train-hotel services in the short term, which resulted in losses for the company of 25 million euros in 2019, and that it would give priority to lines with higher occupancy rates."

In: "Portugal says that Renfe does not want to resume international lines for now", La Vanguardia, 8 September 2020.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock