• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tres Cantos albergue in town hall - open on Sunday??

Undermanager

Time of past OR future Camino
Madrid (x2)
VDLP
Salvador
Primitivo
Finisterra / Muxia
Lana
Just when I'd decided to go to the albergue in Tres, someone suggested it may not be accessible on Sunday :)

Last question before setting off tomorrow! Is an albergue in a town hall likely to be open tomorrow? Any ideas? Thanks!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
When I was there on a Sunday I was told (by the local police) that somebody would come by and open it at 8pm. It was a freezing December afternoon and 4pm so I'm afraid I chickened out and checked into the Holiday Inn. Hope it works out for you.

Thanks for the info but decided not to risk it as I was arriving fairly late and probably too tired to go hunting for a room. Arrived about 8.30pm in Tres Cantos from the airport this evening. The albergue is only 5 minutes walk from the train station but there was no sign of life as I walked past it to my booked room in Hostel Tres Cantos. The hostel is 20 minutes walk from the train station but there are lots of bars and eating places around. It would be interesting for the future to know for sure if it is open on Sundays or not.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back