• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tresspass Equipment (UK)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi @Easily_confused , you may be living up to your moniker ;). Trespass is a brand name; as their website https://www.trespass.com/our-story makes clear. I have no experience with their products despite living in the UK all my life and buying gear for the last 50 years. If their gear suits you, fits you and falls within your budget buy it and use it and enjoy. What do you get if you buy a (more popular / well known) brand name product? You get to carry a more popular and well known brand name product. Dear, beloved, google(tm) produces the usual array of plaudits and condemnations.

I do note that they retail a vast range of gear and cannot see much evidence that they actually manufacture much of it which puts them in the generic 'outdoor' retailer class to me. None-the-less I can't see that their gear is in any way of much variance to any other brand around this week. Would I use their gear on Annapurna or in Borneo? Only after some lengthy consultation. Would I use it on Camino - I'm minded of the guy I met walking in 'city' shoes & carrying the rest of his gear in two supermarket carrier bags...

Buen camino

Em...I know all about Tresspass as we have one of their shops in our town and I have some of their clothing. My question is specifically about the quality of their boots/rucksacks given the cheaper pricing.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'd love to help you there but I can't. Look for the 'manufactured in' label. Most of it will be China or Malaysia and the only difference in product will be in the brand label as it is all manufactured in the same factories from the same base line materials to the same base line design. Much of the 'branded' product available in the UK is only 'branded' when it gets here. Some, not all by any means but some, 'outdoor' gear is manufactured from base line materials that do not match the spec that you might reasonably expect. Therefore 'waterproof' isn't; boot soles are made out of 'reject' grade Neoprene and will wear out quickly; seams are single rather than double stitched and the water-proof membrane is only enclosed in the uppers and and will seep moisture at the sole junction.

As you are lucky enough to have a Trespass outlet available to you you can put all the pertinent questions to them.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Has anyone used Tresspass gear on their Camino? I was looking at their boots/shoes and they're about half the price of the big name brands. I ask because my first ever pair of hiking boots were Hi-Tec from Millets and were really good.

They also do a women's backpack- https://www.trespass.com/womens-skyfall-35-litre-rucksack
What do I get extra if I choose to buy a brand name backpack?

Never hear of them sorry. Just looking at the pictures of the pack, raises some doubts. Hard to tell from pictures of course. But the style, finish, and structure looks more like a kids school pack than a 'serious' hiking pack. There are differences.....

Whatever pack you try, you need to try it 'loaded' in the store. Ask yourself if this will be comfortable after weeks of wearing it.

What do you get with a 'brand name' pack? Well. you need to try on a range of packs to tell the difference I think. It's not so much about the 'name', but more a case of buying a pack from a company that is well known for making packs, puts a lot of thought into the design, is popular amongst hikers. Those packs are likely to do the job better. And what is 'doing the job'?

#1. Be comfortable to wear.
#2. Be durable and not fall apart.
#3. Protect your gear.

I ended up with a pack, that was not the one I expected to buy, after trying on lots in the store. It fitted like a glove. And is going on its 3rd Camino next year. And Yes, it's probabaly the most popular brand on this Forum. Might be a reason for that ;)

And it was about the same price as the one you are looking at..........

That pack looks like the quality of my non-hiking backpack rather than my hiking backpacks. The stitching on the zipper looks a bit weak. I am surprised there is no pocket on the top. It looks less functional than my 22l backpack.

If you are starting at Sarria it would probably be fine; SJdPP is likely to be a different story.

Has anyone used Tresspass gear on their Camino? I was looking at their boots/shoes and they're about half the price of the big name brands. I ask because my first ever pair of hiking boots were Hi-Tec from Millets and were really good.

They also do a women's backpack- https://www.trespass.com/womens-skyfall-35-litre-rucksack
What do I get extra if I choose to buy a brand name backpack?
We have trespass in Dublin. They're not too bad but I wouldn't say the quality is brilliant. I have hi tech boots I used on the Camino last year and am using them again this year. I love them and they're not overly expensive.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I didn't plan on it but came across a backpack at Walmart that just happened to fit me perfectly. Name on it is Arrowhead. It was only 30 bucks. Lifetime guaranteed. I planned on buying a more expensive bag but I'm going to give this bag a chance on a few practice runs.
If I decide on buying something better, this bag will still come in handy for weekend getaways down the Jersey shore and such.

What you will get with a more expensive pack such as an Osprey is a greater level of adjustment. The pack you have linked to is either going to fit you...or it isn't. Hiking packs tend to have adjustable spine lengths for example.

Hi @Easily_confused ,
I'm familiar with the Trespass brand and I visit their stores from time to time. It's a 'cheap' brand and you get what you pay for (a bit like Karrimor or Mountain Warehouse). That said, if you find a perfectly fitting and comfortable backpack, it could be good enough for a Camino. I know people who wear Trespass jackets and clothing on a Camino and are very happy with them. Personally, I wouldn't buy boots or shoes there.

Most of the people you meet on the Camino won't be using 'premium' gear. That's especially true of European pilgrims, for whom the Queschua (Decathlon) brand is a very popular choice. I'd suggest that you visit a few stores, try on lots of backpacks and listen to all the advice. Take your time and when you buy one, make sure you can return it if you change your mind. Pack it will all your stuff and wear it it home, to get a better sense of how it feels.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
What you will get with a more expensive pack such as an Osprey is a greater level of adjustment. The pack you have linked to is either going to fit you...or it isn't. Hiking packs tend to have adjustable spine lengths for example.

The more "levels of adjustment" there are on a pack, the more difficult it is to get them right! ( and they weigh more). My old Berghaus pack, bought back in 2008 is far more comfortable than any I have tried since. The old pack is reserved for Camino use only. The fancy adjustable replacements serve for practice walks.
Find a pack that fits you and treasure it. You may never find another as good. :D

Blessings on your preparation!
Tio Tel

On my first Camino, I broke the buckle on a 10+ year old Kelty pack, a model they had not sold for years. I think someone stepped on it; this was not any fault of Kelty's. When I asked Kelty if they had replacement buckles, not only did they say they did; they insisted on sending one immediately, no charge.

I don't know if Trespass would do the same.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
I am finally embarking on my first camino later this year. I will be taking my Canon R6 camera with me. For others that have taken DLSR’s or mirrorless cameras, what lens or lenses did you find...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.