• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Triana Backpackers in Triana, Seville, Spain.

• Thread starter Deleted member 43780
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 43780

I stayed one night (24 Oct 2016), and that was enough, in the Triana Backpackers, Seville.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO STAY FOR STARTING YOUR RUTA DE PLATA !!

The noise did not cease until after 3 am in the morning. Loud music, talking and running around.

The man on the front desk when I arrived was nice. Believe he was from UK.

After 0230 in the morning I complained to the woman who was on duty. She acted like she didn't care.

The room I stayed in was clean. Bed linen was clean.

If you want to get a good nights sleep before your walk DO NOT STAY HERE!

Possibly others have stayed there and had no problems.

Having done a few Caminos, I am used to the snoring, rattling of bags early in the morning.
But this was just RUDE inconsiderate behavior by the people staying there and the lack of management to control it.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This is common in places that are not for pilgeim only but hostels who mainly cater to the youth/party scene. I had a similar experience in Barcelona: impecable facilities but partiers getting ready for a night on the town after my jetlagged bedtime and waltzing in, drunk, ruining my last hour of sleep.

If you are starting in a large trendy town, my advice is to look for a pension, even if it is more expensive.

I stayed one night (24 Oct 2016), and that was enough, in the Triana Backpackers, Seville.

The noise did not cease until after 3 am in the morning. Loud music, talking and running around.

After 0230 in the morning I complained to the woman who was on duty. She acted like she didn't care.

Having done a few Caminos, I am used to the snoring, rattling of bags early in the morning.
But this was just RUDE inconsiderate behavior by the people staying there and the lack of management to control it.
I am sorry that your experience was so bad. I have to say, though. that I stayed there in April 2011 and it was one of the highlights of my walk from Seville to Compostela. The staff even moved out a very bad snorer from my room and put him elsewhere, so I could get a good nights sleep. Maybe I was lucky, maybe you were unlucky.

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I had the same experience as the OP....in mid August a few years ago...except it did not stop at 3am.
I was the only pilgrim (VDLP in August )

Just wild kids partying all night.

I've stayed in Triana Backpackers several times and never had a problem sleeping. But it is a backpacker hostel in a backpacker destination so from one night to the next you could have an entirely different experience.

On my most recent visit to Seville (winter 2016) I stayed in Hostal Florida (hostalfloridasevilla.es), €25 for a single room. It was great.

Gerald

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Not to discount the OP's report--because I believe it and am grateful for the warning--but transitioning caminos (and especially on the Norte where many albergues weren't open yet) I used a hostal once and several hotels. Some hotels were in large tourist cities: Barcelona, Madrid, Oviedo, and O Corunna. I found even families with small children were up late at night making noise, because those cities were geared toward late, late dinners. So 1-2 am hall noise and doors/drawers slamming was not unusual even in very expensive hotels without young backpackers...just the usual noise one expects to hear as a family with younger children returns after an evening out (though in the states that would be 9 pm not 1 am:eek:). Even though I tried to tip toe out quietly in the am, I'm sure those same families wondered 'who in the heck is up at 7 am?!?' as I walked down the hall. Spain's cultural clock is not quite in sync with pilgrim lifestyle.

I just realized the list I put above didn't include my hotel stay in Lugo...probably not because the hotel was quiet, but more likely because I'd walked from Fonsagrada that day...nothing would have woken me.

Smallest, I am well aware of the "Spanish ways."
I grew up in Seville. Live there now for most of the year now.

I only stayed that one night to see for self how the place was. and to make a fair, impartial, report to all about it. Was heading back down to Cadiz and decided to give it a try.

From what I heard from others since the 24 October, is they also will not stay there again.

Posted a warning to others about it.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I stayed there for one night in May 2013 and had the same bad experience. Noise, drinking, shouting outside the window and in the hostel until 5:00 am. I met one other person there who was starting the VdlP there and we both agreed that we would never stay there again for all the reasons given above. If you want to sleep rather than party, stay somewhere else.

I was there in early June 2015 for a couple of nights (Mon/Tue) and had no noise problems whatsoever. Staff are very pleasant and helpful. The only problem I had was that one of the backpacker lads accidentally flooded the bathroom (and he was very apologetic) and it then flowed into my dorm room. Quick way of making friends when you are all wielding mops! Mind you I had also flown in from Australia so also had jetlag so I was going to sleep well anyway :) .

Hi MartyS I stayed here for two nights my first VldP and had no issues. Then again it was Easter time and it's a backpackers place which is supposed to be a bit rowdy. You could have voiced your concerns to the management via email. Bear in mind that the change of staff are probably young people trying to earn some 'pocket money' and each one is different especially in the morning. Perhaps she had already been pestered by people coming back to the hostel and had had enough? Sorry to hear that your experience was not a good one but then the cheapest option is sometimes not always the best. Buen camino :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I guess it is just the luck of the straw. There were no problems the two time I stayed at Triana. I would have made it a third but they were fully booked when I was there this June and ended up at another backpacker's hostel which was definitely not a good or well situated next to the Camino.

It's the same in most hostels these days, very few genuine travellers out looking at the sights during the day, mainly party animals who sleep all day, out all night and leave their gear all over the place

I am sorry that your experience was so bad. I have to say, though. that I stayed there in April 2011 and it was one of the highlights of my walk from Seville to Compostela. The staff even moved out a very bad snorer from my room and put him elsewhere, so I could get a good nights sleep. Maybe I was lucky, maybe you were unlucky.
I am with you on this, Alan. I've stayed there on two occasions before starting the VdlP, as I hired my bike from them. I did not experience any of the problems mentioned by the OP, and have to say I found the staff particularly helpful, especially Pauline.
Oh and I loved the paella and sangria meal, which happened to coincide with my stay.
But as SY has pointed out, it is after all a backpacker hostel.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I stayed there too in late April 2014. There were a few pilgrims but mostly not. I got lucky that in my room, were mostly bikers who went to bed fairly early. (For Spain) but in general it was a bit on the loud side . I sleep with headphones and my own chosen white noise, so it wasn't too bad. I think that i was expecting more pilgrimsvas well, as i often saw it mentioned as a starting point for VDLP. So its good to know its a nice place with more backpackers than not. I always thought if I opened my own hostel/albergue I would love to assign bunks based on bedtimes, no matter how impractical it would probably be.

I've stayed in Triana Backpackers several times and never had a problem sleeping. But it is a backpacker hostel in a backpacker destination so from one night to the next you could have an entirely different experience.

On my most recent visit to Seville (winter 2016) I stayed in Hostal Florida (hostalfloridasevilla.es), €25 for a single room. It was great.

Gerald
Thanks Gerald . Have just downloaded your book and looking forward to reading it . Hostal Florida looks like a good starting point for me . Thanks

It's a sign of the times, I have stayed in backpacking hostels many times and all over the world in the last 20 years, often being the oldest guy in there. Cheap digs means I can travel longer and eat good food and drink fine wine. However general manners have declined considerably. From generally respectful fellow travellers we now have little princesses leaving their gear all over the floor, partygoers coming in at 4 in the morning and waking everybody up etc etc. You need to have an eye mask and heavy duty ear plugs. To avoid the idiots who usually go gor the cheapest dorm, go up a couple of euros and get a 4 bunk dorm. Better quality of tenant.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back