• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Trier to Vezelay

lovingkindness

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Hi, does anyone out there know of a good route linking Trier on the Mosel River to Vezelay? One that could be walked in winter?

Lovingkindness

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Lovingkindness
The connection Trier to Vézelay:
A German pilgrim, Martin Thull from Sankt Augustin, walked in 2001 from Trier till Vézelay. For Information mail to: marith@web.de

Trier - Kelsen 31 Km
Kelsen - Perl 21 Km -
Perl - Thionville 26.6 Km -
Thionville - Briey 26.9 Km -
Briey - Etain 25.7 Km -
Etain - Verdun 22.7 Km -
Verdun - Chaumont sur Aire 31.7 Km -
Chaumont - Bar le Duc 24.1 Km -
Bar le Duc - Eclaron 33.9 Km -
Eclaron - Soulaines-Dhuys 29.7 Km -
Soulaines - Bar sur Aube 18.8 Km -
Bar sur Aube - Essoyes 30.6 Km -
Essoyes - Chatillon sur Seine 27.4 Km -
Chatillon - Montbard 35.4 Km -
Montbard - Avallon 41.7 Km -
Avallon - Vézelay 24.1Km
(total: 451,3 Km)

Jan Brilleman

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
lovingkindness said:
Hi, does anyone out there know of a good route linking Trier on the Mosel River to Vezelay?...
Hi there, here's what i discovered when I finally reached Trier.

(March, 2011) Le Chemin de Saint Jacques now has intermittent signing from Sierck-les-Bain, 2 km after Apache at the German/France border as far as Toul. It coincides with other well-signed GR routes, local paths, and historic trails.

A new guide book (in German, spiral-bound) has been published with excellent commentary, detailed coloured maps, balisage indications plus facilities along the way. Accommodation possibilities are noted but limited. Copies are available at the DOM office, Trier where the St. Jakobusbruderschaft provide information.

Guide Book: Steffen, Wolfgang. Von Apostelgrab zu Apostelgrab, Ein Führer für Pilgerinnen auf dem Weg nach Santiago von St. Matthias in Trier bis Sainte Madeleine in Vézelay. Galli: Verlag. ISBN 978-3-936990-49-2

A guidebook for this section is available in German, it is one of the familiar yellow-cover books we often see the German-speakers carrying.

"Frankreich: Jakobsweg Via Lemovicensis" Outdoor-Handbuch Band 166 ISBN 978-3-86686-166-4 available from http://www.das-frei-buch.de [kontakt@das-freie-buch.de] price 12.90 Euros.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi there Kitsambler. Yes, I'm familiar with the guide you mention. I compared the two guides before purchase. I chose the new guide because

* le Chemin de St Jacques from Sierck les Bain to Toul skips from one GR route to another. The official Camino signing is, as yet, infrequent. It is easy to get lost. In the new guide each GR change has been carefully noted, shown by its symbol and balisage colour.
* Maps in the newer guide are proper maps. Those in Outdoor-Handbuch are hand sketched
*Accomodation possibilities: there are more listings in the new guide.
*This guide has spiral binding. Easy for detaching pages day by day.
*There's lots of interesting Information about Les Amies de St Jacque Associations and also the St. Jakobusbruderschaft in Trier plus various contact addresses and numbers
* I liked the glossy pages and pictures :D and was intrigued by the idea of a pilgrimage between the bones of Mathew and the bones of Mary Magdalen.

Cheers, LK

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back