• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Trinidad de Arre, albergue

• Thread starter Former member 49149
  • Start date
F

Former member 49149

I walked out from Pamplona to Zabaldika this morning, along by the river, and popped in to visit the new hospitalero in Trinidad de Arre. I had heard that the Marists had gone, and that a family had taken over. So, a very nice visit with Jose Luis (I think!) and afterwards he showed me around the oasis that is the albergue. He told me that yesterday they had the first of what he hopes will be daily evening prayer at 7.30pm. Sounds like it should appeal to pilgrims looking for quiet prayer time in a church. All the best to Jose Luis and his family in their new venture...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
D75D9D4E-AE1E-4371-91EC-5A663ECD4BE8.JPG
I loved staying in the albergue at Trinidad de Arre so thank you for this news. Its supposed to be the oldest continuously operating albergue on the camino so it is pretty special. I wish the new hospitaleros well and also the gorgeous old brothers who have certainly earned a more restful retirement.

I always loved this albergue, from the first time I stayed there with horrible old saggy spring bunks, the second when the brothers had replaced the saggy springs with metal sheets that groaned and shrieked every time someone turned over (to much laughter), to the latest, more comfortable, number. It is so beautifully situated on the river, and just before Pamplona, giving one the time to enjoy the city the next day and still have time to walk out to Madam Ronçal's albergue.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Oooooh! So glad I stayed there last October, after the Ruta de Baztan. Quiet and peaceful, beautiful situation, and little garden for sitting out in, and the ancient brothers still there. Good to hear it is being kept open. I wish the new hospitaleros well.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
...Trinidad de Arre, 11 January, 2010
Frozen path Trinidad de Arre.jpg

I have happily stayed there 10 times during the past years often in winter. The Marist fathers were always most gracious and caring. Thanks for these precious memories.

Many the sincere tradition of true caritas in this most special place continue in the future.

Last edited:
...Trinidad de Arre, 11 January, 2010
View attachment 35270

I have happily stayed there 10 times during the past years often in winter. The Marist fathers were always most gracious and caring. Thanks for these precious memories.

Many the sincere tradition of true caritas in this most special place continue in the future.
Beautiful picture @mspath
That's not a too scary amount of snow for January. The lovely old albergue looks beautiful against the snow. I could walk in that sort of snow! I think. I'd stay at Trinidad de Arre again for sure.
And as an aside, your pic also does make me realize I have posted a photo that is way too big. I need to work out how to reduce the size before posting. Sincere apologies to those on limited plans.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Heda P,

Thanks for the compliment! Not much snow but bitter cold was the weather that day with a bit of treacherous black ice on the forest way to Arre; it was not
an easy walk. Do check out the account of the truly frigid albergue night to come dated January 11, 2010 here in my blog.

Stayed here 2 days ago just me and one other ,the Hospitellaro was the nicest man i have ever met .

He truly embraced the spirit of the Camino , he took our rucksacks off our back and gave me a hug when we left a true hidden gem .
My new favourite Albergue

Joe and I stayed here in 2006 on my very first Camino. We were a couple then and were given 2 beds in the "marriage room" which was sweet. At that time, they had a separate section for roncadores too, which we greatly appreciated. I remember a lovely back yard. It was a great experience.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
One of my favorites. Then an easy walk to Cizur Menor and Mme Roncal albergue. After a daylong tour of Pamplona.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back