• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Trish Walked from Porto to Santiago, arrived yesterday. I talked to her this morning (July 17th 2020)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I enjoyed her interview, Ivar. I assume Trish has a forum user name. I tried looking up her given name, but there are too many to choose from...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Glad to see Trish arrived safe and healthy. Even if USA cases were under control and borders opened- without better theraputics and/ or a reliable vaccine and reasonable health insurance, the Camino is out of reach for me. I can’t imagine an 8-9 hour airplane ride worrying whether I might contract the virus!

But I rejoice in Trish’s success and tan! Safe journey home, Trish! Thanks for posting, Ivar!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Excellent.Which route did Trish take? I was due to do this in May.Perhaps in the future.
I enjoyed her interview, Ivar. I assume Trish has a forum user name. I tried looking up her given name, but there are too many to choose from...
Hi Chrissy. My forum user name is Trishb and I took the Coastal route. Almost entirely alone until Redondela

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Glad to see Trish arrived safe and healthy. Even if USA cases were under control and borders opened- without better theraputics and/ or a reliable vaccine and reasonable health insurance, the Camino is out of reach for me. I can’t imagine an 8-9 hour airplane ride worrying whether I might contract the virus!

But I rejoice in Trish’s success and tan! Safe journey home, Trish! Thanks for posting, Ivar!
It's a much bigger decision to travel from the States, I would not have undertaken this Camino if it involved the journey you would have, plus health insurance etc. I hope you feel comfortable going next year

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
it was so nice to hear this great lady with such a wonderful smile ! You just ran the interview with the perfect questions ! thanks Ivar (and the perfect setting !in the parador i guess ?
The feeling she has about the safety and everything is exactly the same i felt when i was hiking with my daughter first week of july here in North Finistere of Brittany because there was hardly nobody ,handsanitiser everywhere and masks when needed
but then came the 7th of july and the school holidays ..

Now in my place in Brittany , we are in a red zone... until now we were quite safe from the virus , but since a week it s increasing badly , day by day, like 200 more each day and the percentage of contamination is 2,60(it was 0,60 during the lockdown, the smallest in F rance , now it is the biggest)
but it is not because of the tourists who are coming massively on our beautiful coasts (now queuing 2 hrs to get to the sea shutter to some islands with only 300 inhabitants )no, the problem apparently is coming from the bretons abroad who are coming home for the summer holidays , especially from Guyana so close from Brazil or from the States or any where on the planet since we are like the Galicians , the Asturianos and the Irish . We all just want to come back home in summer ( and at Christmas of course !)
My village is only 35000 inhabitants ; since yesterday every shop has made wearing the mask compulsory , but still i see people without (young ones who see it like a way to stand out...teen age ..or old ones a bit spaced out ...and because they are knowned in the village , the shopkeepers dont dare to tell them to conform!?...anyway...village gossip but it reflects how the covid can spread out so quickly

Gracias Ivar what alll you do , first time in my life i feel like being part of a community of souls
Take care everyone

It's a much bigger decision to travel from the States, I would not have undertaken this Camino if it involved the journey you would have, plus health insurance etc. I hope you feel comfortable going next year

Thanks Trish, fabulous tan. We were supposed to do the Coastal route in early March, but the virus blossomed so quickly he canceled the day we were leaving.
I am glad you were able to enjoy it! Safe journey home! 😀😀😀

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Terrific interview Ivar and Trish - thank you to you both. I find Ivar’s interviews both informative and heartening. Though no one knows how long this terrible pandemic will last - watching the interviews and knowing there are pilgrims walking again - the arrival numbers at the Pilgrim Office - give me hope that maybe next year it’s going to be possible to once again be on the Camino.

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Looking back at my responses to Ivar’s questions I don’t think I was helpful to anyone who wanted to travel freely and not pre - book accommodation. I did see the occasional person who was staying in Albergues. I am sure they are all safe but you might have to walk on further or stop sooner to be sure of finding one open. After Redondela I think it would be fine. Also all the churches have hand sanitizer at the entrance and a one way system. I went into the tourist info in Pontevedra and had my temperature checked before I could go through. Plexi -glass screens are in most places. I think both Portugal and Spain are more responsible than we are in the UK

Trish took the risk as she said,but was wonderful to see her so happy and talking about her experience.

Thank you Ivar for the nice interview.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks Trishb for leading the way and thanks to Ivar for the interview. Gives all of us sitting on our hands at home a real feel for the Camino as it is today.

Thank you Ivar and Trish. What an upbeat and happy take, the positivity from Trish was wonderful! Can’t wait until I can go again.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back