Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Truckers on strike in Spain

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure how this might affect pilgrims, but I thought i would mention this for those of you heading out the door to travel to Spain.

Truckers are on strike in Spain these days, leaving many grocery stores with no way to restock their stores. Also gas stations are running out of gas, leaving cars with a problem.

As I say, if you are walking you should be fine :) , but just a heads up if you are about to travel to España. BBC writes more on this here.

Saludos,
Ivar

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.

Deirdre

Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés (2007), Camino Francés (2008), Camino Portugués (2010), Camino Aragonés - from Lourdes (2012)
Hi Ivar,
We are traveling on Friday (the 13th!!!!).... I have my 15 students coming to Madrid with me. We are following the strike with great interest - amazing that it has made the news here in the States - since gas prices are on our minds as well. We are also up about 35% in the past year. Everyone is feeling it. Hopefully it won't have a serious adverse affect on our trip, my potential Camino and those of others.
Buen Camino,

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings