• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

True Camino spirit?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
"Age has no reality except in the physical world. The essence of a human being is resistant to the passage of time. Our inner lives are eternal, which is to say that our spirits remain as youthful and vigorous as when we were in full bloom. Think of love as a state of grace, not the means to anything, but the alpha and omega. An end in itself."
Gabriel García Márquez, Love in the Time of Cholera

"Age has no reality except in the physical world. The essence of a human being is resistant to the passage of time. Our inner lives are eternal, which is to say that our spirits remain as youthful and vigorous as when we were in full bloom. Think of love as a state of grace, not the means to anything, but the alpha and omega. An end in itself."

The best novel : EVER!...imho...

Last edited:
A good piece of phrasing - G. G. Márquez was a renowned writer. Thks for sharing mspath.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
"(The evening with the photograph album)
Love is most nearly itself
When here and now cease to matter.
Old men ought to be explorers
Here or there does not matter
We must be still moving
Into another intensity
For a further union, a deeper communion
Trough the dark cold and the empty desolation,
The wave cry, the wind cry, the vast waters
Of the petrel and the porpoise. In my end is my beginning."

T.S. Eliot - Four Quartets (East Coker).

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The true Camino spirit? I got a letter from my health insurance company a few days ago:

"Hello, we received your declaration for the hospital costs you made in Spain. We processed it and you will find it in your online record... What a pity you had to quit your Camino. I walked the Camino myself and I can tell you that arriving in Santiago is worth all the pain and suffers. I hope you will get a chance to do it again. Kind regards, buen camino..."

The smile on my face stayed there for an hour!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The true Camino spirit? I got a letter from my health insurance company a few days ago:

"Hello, we received your declaration for the hospital costs you made in Spain. We processed it and you will find it in your online record... What a pity you had to quit your Camino. I walked the Camino myself and I can tell you that arriving in Santiago is worth all the pain and suffers. I hope you will get a chance to do it again. Kind regards, buen camino..."

The smile on my face stayed there for an hour!
I had 8 days in hospital in Santiago whilst the insurance company did all and blamed all but I was in no hurry the hospital staff were great, eventually they agreed to pay, the next Camino a year later I went with another Insurer. My smile was for the great people of Spain and Thomas. Back again next yesr.

Back