• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Try Out Village Life on the Camino, and Help Us Out!

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Time of past OR future Camino
Many, various, and continuing.
Friends,
Peaceable Kingdom is a "casa de acogida," a house of welcome that's given pilgrims a place to eat and sleep and heal for more ten years. My husband and I are getting older, the place is big, the demands never stop.
We need help.
If you're healthy and strong, have a driver's license and the right to stay in Europe, a hospitalero's heart and ability to deal with long periods of silence and solitude -- and dogs -- think about staying a spell with us at Peaceable.
If you've dreamed of staying a while in a camino village, this might be your chance. We have room and board for you in Moratinos. We need help with housework, dog-walking, wood-hauling, pilgrim meals and trips into Sahagun for supplies. You'd be part of the family scene, but you'd have your own small apartment or a bedroom in the main house for your use. We need help mostly in winter, when we get plenty of pilgrims but entertainment is in short supply.
I need to be in the USA mid-January through March; that's when the need is greatest. But for the right person, this could be a long-term arrangement. Please send me an IM for details. Serious inquiries only.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I really wish I could Rebekah!!!

Unfortunately I lack the right to stay in Europe (at least for the next 18 months... after that I'll have my Italian passport) and the will to have the guts and leave some other things behind :)

Good luck though!;):D

Ultreia!

Vagner

Last edited:
Friends,
Peaceable Kingdom is a "casa de acogida," a house of welcome that's given pilgrims a place to eat and sleep and heal for more ten years. My husband and I are getting older, the place is big, the demands never stop.
We need help.
If you're healthy and strong, have a driver's license and the right to stay in Europe, a hospitalero's heart and ability to deal with long periods of silence and solitude -- and dogs -- think about staying a spell with us at Peaceable.
If you've dreamed of staying a while in a camino village, this might be your chance. We have room and board for you in Moratinos. We need help with housework, dog-walking, wood-hauling, pilgrim meals and trips into Sahagun for supplies. You'd be part of the family scene, but you'd have your own small apartment or a bedroom in the main house for your use. We need help mostly in winter, when we get plenty of pilgrims but entertainment is in short supply.
I need to be in the USA mid-January through March; that's when the need is greatest. But for the right person, this could be a long-term arrangement. Please send me an IM for details. Serious inquiries only.

Hi Rebekah

I've just finished the Camino and I'd be interested in volunteering as a hospitalero.

I'm Irish, so I have EU residence, and I have a driving licence. I'm 66 and retired so I have lots of time, and I like dogs. I'm free for at least a month or so Mid-January to March.

I don't speak any Spanish, but I'm interested in learning.

Gerry Griffin

Last edited by a moderator:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I, too, really wish I could. I hold an EU passport in addition to my Cdn passport but am booked to help out a family member next February and March.

I have no doubt the right person/people will come along. Best wishes in your search.

That's so tempting! I was unable to come last year for the Ditch Pigs week and I will think about this offer very seriously. Especially if I don't get a decent job until november.
Meet all the requirements and also speak some Spanish. I have my own car if needed.

Friends,
We need help.
Dear Rebekah,
Thank you for responding to my post: An American wants to open an Albergue. I speak Spanish fluently, I can stay in Spain for the months of January through March easily. I have a driver's license, I love to cook, and I don't mind hard work. I can come earlier than January. I would love to come help out if you will have me. Anne

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Rebekah,
I like to help you out in your "casa de acogida". I am dutch, have done many a camino and worked as a hospitalero before three times (Roncesvalles, Castrojeriz and Pieros). I speak english, french, german, spanish and dutch and I have some basic knowledge of italian.
I'm free from the second week of february till april. The one requirement I miss is a driving licence (poor eyesight).

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
The logical thing for me to do is bring a Kindle, but TBH I like books, and for me leaving electronic gubbins behind while I do the Camino, appeals. I am thinking of taking one book on The...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back