• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Trying to out-do 'The Way'

Abbeydore

Veteran Member
We gave our Camino talk after my churches AGM yesterday, a bit nerve wracking for me, we told a few of our camino moments, a few slides(some stolen from falcon, thank-you) asked this morning if we had put anyone off, no quite the opposite......so you can expect an immediate increase in numbers & not from the USofA.......as seems to be happening with the film :wink: .

It great to get our camino moment out in the open......we also made a Spanish omlette & a Santiago Tart, yes people have sweet teeth don't they.

Who else has tried to increase numbers & how did you fair........people had smile on their faces from beginning to end :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Has no one else willing too tell about talking publicly too an audience...... :?:
I was surprised how much interest there was, & not just saying thanks & good bye.
I am not a natural speaker & found I got terribly nervous about it.
Moonset20031228-1Cr.jpg

This is our first slide because our Camino started @ Astorga @ 0430 just as the moon was setting.
& our last slide:
images

Abbeydore said:
Has no one else willing too tell about talking publicly too an audience...... :?:
Abbeydore,
there is some feedback on someone else's presentation in this thread
My local film club are thinkiing of showing The Way and there is a suggestion that I do some sort of presentation at the event. I too am not a very confident public speaker but I'm sure a passion for the subject and good supporting media will make it go ok, if it happens.
Cheers
Mig

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
miguel_gp said:
Abbeydore said:
Abbeydore,
there is some feedback on someone else's presentation in this thread
My local film club are thinkiing of showing The Way and there is a suggestion that I do some sort of presentation at the event. I too am not a very confident public speaker but I'm sure a passion for the subject and good supporting media will make it go ok, if it happens.
Cheers
Mig

Mig,

We only showed about 20 odd slides, & 2 of those were of my silly doodles,
I think they enjoyed our Camino moments, doing it as a double act is tense too, my partner was in her element, we got some sort of balance. I could go on, but talked about preparing & how this forum helped to get things right, like socks, vasoline, muslin, size & weight of everything, & of course our pacerpoles got a mention. The albergues, the food, the plants, trees, how the 'obnoxious' people seem to keep finding you, & how the ones you like seem to never find, Santiago & the Cathedral, feet.....water, getting wet & very cold.......a few other memories/camino moments & that's about it.

Thanks for the link, Mig.

David

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
The logical thing for me to do is bring a Kindle, but TBH I like books, and for me leaving electronic gubbins behind while I do the Camino, appeals. I am thinking of taking one book on The...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back