• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tui to Santiago this October

Alex M

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan for 2017 - Sarria to Santiago
I did Porto to Tui in June and would appreciate some tips regarding the last leg (Central route), which I am hoping to do in October. I have the Brierley map book, which I found useful in June.

A. I need to use baggage service (Tuitrans) so cannot improvise on accommodation. Also I prefer to stay in pension/hotels (due to shyness and revolting idiosyncrasies). Any suggestions on how to locate and book these in advance? I have used Booking.com, but found it difficult to relate to the Camino trail, and there are omissions of course of the more modest places. Also, any particular recommendations of places to stay along the way (using Brier's stop points: Tui - Porrino - Redondela - Pontevedra - Caldas --Padron)?

B. I'm in no hurry so was considering overnight in Teo. Any recommendations for accommodation there, or how to find it before leaving?

C. Apart from Pontevedra, is there anywhere else sufficiently interesting to spend an extra day?

All information most gratefully received!
Thanks, Alex (UK)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Booking.com we used for some accommodation bookings on our walk on CP last May. Sometimes we called the Albergue direct . Tui trans was easy to use when we needed it.
We were 3 and stayed in a mix of albergues, small hotels (room for 3) and Air bnb in Santiago.

A. I need to use baggage service (Tuitrans) so cannot improvise on accommodation. Also I prefer to stay in pension/hotels (due to shyness and revolting idiosyncrasies). Any suggestions on how to locate and book these in advance? I have used Booking.com, but found it difficult to relate to the Camino trail, and there are omissions of course of the more modest places. Also, any particular recommendations of places to stay along the way (using Brier's stop points: Tui - Porrino - Redondela - Pontevedra - Caldas --Padron)?

Our group booked and stayed the following hotels through booking.com last May. All hotels had free cancellation, but conditions vary.

Tui - Hotel San Telmo, Albergue San Martin
O'Porrino - skipped. It's an industrial town. We walked to Vigo instead, on the Coastal route.
Redondela - Apartmentos Alvear Suite
Pontevedra - Hotel Virgen del Camino
Caldas de Reis - Hotel Sena
Padron - Albergue Pension Flavia
SdC - many choices

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Day One: Flight to Porto.

Overnight in Pensión Poveira

Day Two: Train to Valença. Walk to Tui, 3 km

Pensión O Novo Cabalo Furado

Day Three: Tui to O Porriño. Walk 16 km

Pensión Mosende

Day Four: O Porriño to Redondela. Walk 16 km

Rúa Do Medio

Day Five: Redondela to Pontevedra. Walk 18 km

Hotel Don Pepe

Day Six: Pontevedra to Caldas de Reis. Walk 23 km

Hotel Roquiño

Day Seven: Caldas de Reis to Padrón. Walk 19 km

Hotel Chef Rivera

Day Eight: Padrón to Santiago de Compostela. Walk 23 km

Hostal As Margaritas

All through bookings.com

Pension Mosende involves calling the owner who will collect you from O Porriño.

Hotel Don Pepe is in Poio across the river from Pontevedra. Short walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back