• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

TuiTrans on the Portuguese Coastal and Spiritual Variante

GOB

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese from Viana do Costello sept 2019
Due to recurring back problems it looks like I am going to have to use baggage transfer.
I will hopefully be using Casa Rural's as well as hotels which indicates a possible problem, TuiTrans t&c,s state that there must be a 24hr reception at the places you intend staying.

Can anyone who has used TuiTrans and Casa Rurals etc tell me how the lack of 24hr reception is handled.
Any help and information will be greatly appreciated.
Sean

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I never had to use baggage transfer myself, but there is (at least one) besides TuiTrans that provides baggage transfers for pilgrims. Take a look at their website. It says they pick up the baggage between 8-9 am and that they will deliver it before 2.30 pm. This sounds as if they don't require 24hr reception.

TuiTrans provided my group of 16 luggage transfer service on CP for 11 days in May this year. At times, some of our folks stayed in AirBnBs where there were no receptions, they needed to pick up room keys from another place.

My experience/impression is:
If the hotels/albergues/furnished apartment, AirBnB, etc., which are well-known on the trail or/and Tuitrans is familiar with, it can arrange for the "luggage" to drop-off at a safe place for pick-up.

The bottom line is TuiTrans is concerned the "security / safety" of your luggage.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
As dfox said, It's worth asking Tui Trans on a day to day basis, where they deliver to. They may suggest an hotel where they regularly drop tour baggage and you can just go in and collect your luggage without staying at that hotel.

Last edited:
Due to recurring back problems it looks like I am going to have to use baggage transfer.
I will hopefully be using Casa Rural's as well as hotels which indicates a possible problem, TuiTrans t&c,s state that there must be a 24hr reception at the places you intend staying.

Can anyone who has used TuiTrans and Casa Rurals etc tell me how the lack of 24hr reception is handled.
Any help and information will be greatly appreciated.
Sean
I use Caminofacil for backpack transfer and they are fantastic! I plan to use them again this October from Porto to Santiago and the Espiritual route.

Thanks to those who have responded so far. Hope to include the spiritual variant so it looks like it’s either TuiTrans or Caminofacil. More info welcome
Sean

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Have used Tuitrans on Portugués and found them excellent. Very personal service and lovely to deal with.

Some folks have said Tuitrans doesn’t serve the coastal route. Can anyone comment on this?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I checked TuiTrans web site and it’s service page states (

We offer this service from Oporto to Santiago de Compostela, along the traditional route or the coast route, as well as the spiritual route.
)
Thanks to others for their info and recommendations

Hi,

I used this company on Variante route for 1 stage:

Worked out fine. TuiTrans/Correo said they couldn't do just 1 stage on the SV. the receptionist in hotel in Combarro told me where was no service! Got these details at Hotel Pousada in Armenteira.
May help someone out.

Hi,

I used this company on Variante route for 1 stage:

Worked out fine. TuiTrans/Correo said they couldn't do just 1 stage on the SV. the receptionist in hotel in Combarro told me where was no service! Got these details at Hotel Pousada in Armenteira.
May help someone out.
Hola! I am on the spiritual today. Correros does not cover the spiritual way. So. I decided to gave bag sent to Santiago after Pontevedra. Specify to be taken to centr post office in Santiavo. There it will be hd until your arrival.

Correros: +34 683-44-00-22 press 2 for English. All requests/changes must be made before 9 pm the day before.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We used Tui Trans in 2019 between Tui and Santiago, along the traditional route. They were very helpful and friendly. If your accommodation did not offer a 24hr reception,, they would drop it off at a local bar for you to collect. We had no problems at all. Not sure how it would work now, with many bars closed, but if you contact them with your proposed overnight stays they can advise.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back