• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tunnel route Irun to S.Domingo/Burgos

CaminoJohn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2006,2008,2011; VDLP, Sanabrias (2018)
Hello! Has anyone done the Tunnel route from Irun to Santo Domingo Calzada/Burgos using the alternative route to Burgos at the split in Estavillo? My brother and I are considering this for our next camino this coming summer.
Thanks and Buen Camino!
John

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
CaminoJohn said:
Hello! Has anyone done the Tunnel route from Irun to Santo Domingo Calzada/Burgos using the alternative route to Burgos at the split in Estavillo? My brother and I are considering this for our next camino this coming summer.
Thanks and Buen Camino!
John

Hi, I have some friends living in the region and even painting and maintaining some arrows on this route. If you need some help while preparing your Camino, please let me know.

Buen Camino (and wonderful)

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Hola Javier!
Thanks for the info...I am trying to confirm wether the way from the split to Burgos is marked. It sounds like it is from your post. Yes? I am planning on buying the CSJ guide for the Tunnel Route but am unclear whether they include the part to Burgos...
John

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
CaminoJohn said:
Hola Javier!
Thanks for the info...I am trying to confirm wether the way from the split to Burgos is marked. It sounds like it is from your post. Yes? I am planning on buying the CSJ guide for the Tunnel Route but am unclear whether they include the part to Burgos...
John

Hi John,

Yes, it's marked, but of course not like the CF! And normally no albergues. The best for that is asking wherever you can. For example, in Miranda de Ebro I believe it's possible to receive some hospitality. But most places, by pensions and hotels.

I've just seen some photos with nice and clear arrows. Not possible to get lost!

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Thanks Javier and Theo! Your information is exactly what I was looking for! Buen Camino!
John

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
CaminoJohn,

there are arrows (sometimes not so easy to see).
there are albergues in Miranda, Pancorbo, Briviesca and Monasterio.
the CSJ guide does not (yet) include the way between Puebla de Arganzon and Burgos, as far as I know at least.

Buen Camino,
I've just sent you more information as message

FatmaG

Thanks Fatma. I got your message. Very helpful!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back