• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

TV program (>1h) about Camino Lebaniego

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have not had time to watch the whole thing, but after the first half hour or so, I can say that it is very interesting and has beautiful pictures. And, just like The Way dubbed in Spanish, this is another opportunity to improve your Spanish, because the Spanish language transcript flows over on the left side as people talk. There is some discussion at the beginning that will be familiar to many — what is pilgrimage, why do people walk today, etc.

I know there’s always some artistic license taken when these programs are created, but when I saw the Romanesque church at about minute 11, I thought — I never saw that when I walked the Camino Lebañiego. Turns out it is San Martín de Elines, a church that is more than 100 kms from the monastery of Santo Toribio, and actually on the great planning thread on the Camino Viejo that @VNwalking did a few months ago. Not sure why it figures in the video, but maybe there is a reason.

I will definitely go back to finish it. The history is fascinating — Santo Toribio, bishop of Astorga, went to the Holy Land to bring back relics, and supposedly brought back the left arm of Jesus’s cross. When his body and the cross were spirited north for safekeeping, they were hidden in this monastery. Most interesting for the skeptics is the fact that scientific study undertaken in the 1950s revealed that the wood is more than 2000 years old and is from a cedar that is prevalent in Palestine.

Anyway.... I know some of forum members have been fascinated by the recent ancient architecture threads, and this fits in nicely. Thanks for posting it!

Buen camino, Laurie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There was a post/thread on the forum the other day I saw that had a link to youtube videos where they speak with locals along the VDLP I believe. Now I cannot find it on here and want to see it again lol. Anybody know what I am talking about?

Most read last week in this forum

Interesting article on the Camino Lebaniego where Cantabria are receiving 1.4m euros towards the Camino. Seems it is part of a Euro 64m project across Spain, France and Portugal. Edit due to more...
Hi everybody! What do you think about my plan to the next summer, in 26 days? Is it a good plan? Camino Vadiniense: San Vicente de la Barquera - Cades Cades - Cicera Cicera - Potes Potes -...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back