• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Two Days In One Village?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Former member 65104

Hello Fellow Pilgrims, I will be walking my second Camino from St Jean on April 22, 2022 (my 65th Birthday 😊). I am so excited to walk fewer miles each day, this time, and take it slow and easy. I can't seem to find an answer to my question in the forum or on-line anywhere. Is it ok to stay more than one day in a village that we like? I think I read that we can only stay one night in an Albergue. Can we just move to another Albergue for another night or is that not allowed? Sorry if this is a silly question. I just don't want to do the wrong thing. Thank you very much! Buen Camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
As I understand it only the Municipal albergues are one night only but some private ones may also have the same rule, more experienced pilgrims will know for sure. Taking it slower and walking less distances per day sounds very appealing.

Most of the private albergues allow you to stay more than one night, consecutively. Also, if there are multiple albergues in the town, it's easy just to go to another one for the night.
I have done both those options before on the Frances.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
As I understand it only the Municipal albergues are one night only but some private ones may also have the same rule, more experienced pilgrims will know for sure. Taking it slower and walking less distances per day sounds very appealing.
Thank you so much!! 😊

Most of the private albergues allow you to stay more than one night, consecutively. Also, if there are multiple albergues in the town, it's easy just to go to another one for the night.
I have done both those options before on the Frances.
Thank you very much! 😊

Reactions: RJM
Thank you very much! 😊
Keep in mind though, my experiences in that respect were pre-covid-19. So many albergues available then. No telling how many have since closed. That may require you to do some advance research and planning as to which towns you would be able to stay more than one night in.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Keep in mind though, my experiences in that respect were pre-covid-19. So many albergues available then. No telling how many have since closed. That may require you to do some advance research and planning as to which towns you would be able to stay more than one night in.
Thank you for your help. Hoping that Covid does not ruin our Caminos.

When I have spent two nights in one place, I didn’t stay in an albergue. Obviously, it depends on your preferences and budget, but there are a number of advantages beyond not having to worry about any one-night stay rules. A few that come to mind are: being able to stay up late/sleep in late on a day off from walking, being able to come and go freely, or being able to spread out your stuff and do deep cleaning or organizing.

I was not aware that private albergues sometimes allow more than one night stays, but what do I know. I thought you had to be sick or injured or something.

I was not aware that private albergues sometimes allow more than one night stays, but what do I know. I thought you had to be sick or injured or something.
Lots of private albergues let you stay as long as you want. I stayed two nights in a private albergue/hostel in León. But I agree, that it's much more of a break when you have a private room where you can sleep in, and come and go when you wish.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
How about this for a strategy for a town you like. The day before arriving, hike a full day and hike up to a town that is only about 5 miles away from the town you like. Get up in the morning and hike into the town you like. You should be getting there really early. Then enjoy the town you like all day and since you are there early, you shouldn't have any problem getting an albergue there. Stay overnight. Spent most of the next day in the town you like. Then hike to an albergue in the next town, which is around 5 miles away. Perhaps you'd have to book it ahead of time. Using this technique, you still can enjoy the town you like, but you will be making some progress of at least five miles each day.

…. but there are a number of advantages beyond not having to worry about any one-night stay rules. A few that come to mind are: being able to stay up late/sleep in late on a day off from walking, being able to come and go freely, or being able to spread out your stuff and do deep cleaning or organizing.
And you can keep the windows open. Woo hoo!! 😃

If you want to stay in a particular town for two nights or more, do book a private room for all of the reasons mentioned above. In addition, we are in the middle of a pandemic! It would also be safer to have a private room if you are staying put at an albergue and not exposing yourself to all that traffic going in and out….

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
@JS1 - all has probably been said , a private Albergue is a business so why turn you away? May I give you another example.
By the time you get Puente la Reina your little legs will be shot so yes , why not take a day off - here is my experience and I have walked the Navarra stretch over 20 times. Call me a creature of habit but to me Navarra is just out of this world.
The Albergue Padres Reparadores is situated right at the start of the old town. It was my first sheltered night ever on the Camino when I did a 'test camino' for 6 days in 2002 when the currency had just changed from pesetas and 80 year old peasants still worked on the pyrenees farms. - I had thought that the Camino may have only have been for 'Woodstock' youngsters - how wrong was I? ;)
The Albergue is a lot larger now , it is probably still the cheapest on the Camino. It has large car park which miraculously fills up over weekends and holidays. At just past noon there could be two or three woman that have taken the kitchen over. (Wizz! , they must have walked fast?) They were cooking for a party of 15 weekend walkers. But who am I to question this - Hey , if I hang around long enough , chances are I will be offered a plate of food with a obligatory glass of vino thrown in.
Spanish folks are very hospitable and do like to share.
I have never been denied a second night at this albergue. The requirement is to pack up totally and leave your pack in a safe place with them. They can then get on with the cleaning and sanitising of the Albergue while you go go and have a lengthy breakfast , a walk over the famous bridge , an amble around town and maybe some shopping? Return in the afternoon and check in again as per the norm.
May I also say , if you are exhausted and hurting , I do not see a Hosvol hospitalero turning you away for a second night - sure , it is bending the rules. I would also imagine that you would have to get out of the way during the day and - hehe - you may be commandeered in the dinner preparation that night.

Finally , I do like the fact that you are contemplating a 'slow' camino. I do feel that as of yet , you have not found the true spirit of the camino and perhaps this time you will. Some folks will walk the Camino 10 times!!! And never find the camino. Your humility displayed in a short verse tells me it will happen. I am sure that this time will be an awakening but be aware , addiction to the Camino is not a treatable condition - it will be with you for life!?
Please give us some updates while you are walking ;)

@JS1 - all has probably been said , a private Albergue is a business so why turn you away? May I give you another example.
By the time you get Puente la Reina your little legs will be shot so yes , why not take a day off - here is my experience and I have walked the Navarra stretch over 20 times. Call me a creature of habit but to me Navarra is just out of this world.
The Albergue Padres Reparadores is situated right at the start of the old town. It was my first sheltered night ever on the Camino when I did a 'test camino' for 6 days in 2002 when the currency had just changed from pesetas and 80 year old peasants still worked on the pyrenees farms. - I had thought that the Camino may have only have been for 'Woodstock' youngsters - how wrong was I? ;)
The Albergue is a lot larger now , it is probably still the cheapest on the Camino. It has large car park which miraculously fills up over weekends and holidays. At just past noon there could be two or three woman that have taken the kitchen over. (Wizz! , they must have walked fast?) They were cooking for a party of 15 weekend walkers. But who am I to question this - Hey , if I hang around long enough , chances are I will be offered a plate of food with a obligatory glass of vino thrown in.
Spanish folks are very hospitable and do like to share.
I have never been denied a second night at this albergue. The requirement is to pack up totally and leave your pack in a safe place with them. They can then get on with the cleaning and sanitising of the Albergue while you go go and have a lengthy breakfast , a walk over the famous bridge , an amble around town and maybe some shopping? Return in the afternoon and check in again as per the norm.
May I also say , if you are exhausted and hurting , I do not see a Hosvol hospitalero turning you away for a second night - sure , it is bending the rules. I would also imagine that you would have to get out of the way during the day and - hehe - you may be commandeered in the dinner preparation that night.

Finally , I do like the fact that you are contemplating a 'slow' camino. I do feel that as of yet , you have not found the true spirit of the camino and perhaps this time you will. Some folks will walk the Camino 10 times!!! And never find the camino. Your humility displayed in a short verse tells me it will happen. I am sure that this time will be an awakening but be aware , addiction to the Camino is not a treatable condition - it will be with you for life!?
Please give us some updates while you are walking ;)
Thank you for your note. I loved Najera also. I am doing a slow Camino because I am old 😄

If you want to stay in a particular town for two nights or more, do book a private room for all of the reasons mentioned above. In addition, we are in the middle of a pandemic! It would also be safer to have a private room if you are staying put at an albergue and not exposing yourself to all that traffic going in and out….
Thank you.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
How about this for a strategy for a town you like. The day before arriving, hike a full day and hike up to a town that is only about 5 miles away from the town you like. Get up in the morning and hike into the town you like. You should be getting there really early. Then enjoy the town you like all day and since you are there early, you shouldn't have any problem getting an albergue there. Stay overnight. Spent most of the next day in the town you like. Then hike to an albergue in the next town, which is around 5 miles away. Perhaps you'd have to book it ahead of time. Using this technique, you still can enjoy the town you like, but you will be making some progress of at least five miles each day.
I like it!! Thanks

Lots of private albergues let you stay as long as you want. I stayed two nights in a private albergue/hostel in León. But I agree, that it's much more of a break when you have a private room where you can sleep in, and come and go when you wish.
Thank you!

When I have spent two nights in one place, I didn’t stay in an albergue. Obviously, it depends on your preferences and budget, but there are a number of advantages beyond not having to worry about any one-night stay rules. A few that come to mind are: being able to stay up late/sleep in late on a day off from walking, being able to come and go freely, or being able to spread out your stuff and do deep cleaning or organizing.

Thank you!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello Fellow Pilgrims, I will be walking my second Camino from St Jean on April 22, 2022 (my 65th Birthday 😊). I am so excited to walk fewer miles each day, this time, and take it slow and easy. I can't seem to find an answer to my question in the forum or on-line anywhere. Is it ok to stay more than one day in a village that we like? I think I read that we can only stay one night in an Albergue. Can we just move to another Albergue for another night or is that not allowed? Sorry if this is a silly question. I just don't want to do the wrong thing. Thank you very much! Buen Camino.
Hey Pilgrim. There are no rules about staying multiple days in any given location!! When I walked in April/May of 2015, I purposely stayed in Burgos an extra day just to look around!! Lots to see. And then just a few days later we arrived in Carrion late one Friday afternoon and found them setting up for an agricultural festival. It was an easy decision to also stay Saturday night and enjoy the festival and local culture!! You can always stay in different Albergues or treat yourself to a pension for an extra night.

My advice is follow your heart, and if you are a Christian Pilgrim, listen to the Lord’s leading. You are there to spend time with Him and serve those He puts in your path!! Buen Camino!!

Last edited:
Feliz Cumpleaños! You are young! Everyone knows, every Camino you walk, or dream of, makes you younger😉. Perhaps 🤔, we should all start counting our age backwards from our first Camino😂! Buen Camino 🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏻‍♂️

Hey Pilgrim. There are no rules about staying muktiple days in any given location!! When I walked in April/May of 2015, I ourposely stayed in Burgos an extra day just to look around!! Lots to see. And then just a few days later we arrived in Carrion late one Friday afternoon and found them setting up for an agricultural festival. It was an easy decision to also stay Saturday night and enjoy the festival and local culture!! You can always stay in different Albergues or treat yourself to a pension for an extra night.

My advice is follow your heart, and if you are a Christian Pilgrim, listen to the Lord’s leading. You are there to spend time with Him and serve those He puts in your path!! Buen Camino!!
Thank you very much! Buen Camino 😊

Feliz Cumpleaños! You are young! Everyone knows, every Camino you walk, or dream of, makes you younger😉. Perhaps 🤔, we should all start counting our age backwards from our first Camino😂! Buen Camino 🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏻‍♂️
Thank you very much! Yes young at heart for sure. Buen Camino 😊

Hi JS1 Like others have mentioned, you can stay one night only in albergues that specifically follow that rule, i.e. all the Albergues Municipales. There are also others that only want pilgrims for one overnight stay, and they will let you know when you register. Other accommodations like pensiones, casas rurales, hotels, etc are always available for longer stays. And, yes, definitely stay longer if you are physically in need, or simply find the area charming:) It make your journey so much richer!!
Ultreïa!

I know that 2014 is awhile back, but when I was walking (at age 66) it was a bit of a struggle to keep walking every day. At any of the albergues I stayed at - one had to be out very early in the morning and could not check back in until late afternoon. One could leave one's backpack, etc. there for the day, but couldn't stay. What I needed was respite and rest. I was on a true Pilgrim's budget and had no extra cash for hotels. (I did stay in Santiago for 3 nights at a small hotel when I finished my pilgrimage.) I just chalked it up to being a pilgrim.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A lot of these restrictions are just bloody-minded regulation for the sake of it. Private albergues can clean with pilgrims in the house ... Why not the municipals and parochials also?

Privados permit 12 noon checkout, but the others insist on rousting late sleepers like me at 8.

Is there a reason? I can't think of one. The privados stay open during Covid but the civil servants in the municipals close, and the parochials have almost disappeared, proving that cash is a stronger motivation than service. Or maybe the virus haunting the privados is less virulent than the other kind.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I think you walk your own camino. There was no limit for nights as far as I knew on the Le Puy camino. I had to stay 3 nights in one place because of blisters. It was lovely exploring the beautiful little town of Estaing France. Have a lovely time!

I have volunteered as a hospitalera in both Emaus albergue in Burgos (parochial) and the municipal in Najera (just returned last week from here). Both permit only one night in the albergue. At Emaus, anyone who stayed in another albergue in Burgos was not permitted to stay for a second night in Emaus. This makes it possible for pilgrims passing through a town to stay in the albergue hosted by the town or the church, at what is generally a lesser price. Both places have options for pilgrims wishing a second night in town, generally private albergues at a somewhat higher cost, or hostals/hotels. I am not sure what albergue options for a second night are currently available in Burgos, where Emaus is re-opening soon. I think that these albergues are designed for providing accommodation for pilgrims heading for Santiago, not for tourists wishing more time to visit the location. Would I wish to work for free in an albergue with different principles? I think not. And I would not wish to take on the responsibility to host someone inside the albergue for a second day, which would mean that I must be responsible for them during the whole day.

I agree with a number of the posts and Marbe2 is right. Book a private room so you know your gear is safe and secure. I like to take a break in Burgos and have stayed many times at Norte y Londres, great location and reasonably priced.

Last edited:
Hi JS1 Like others have mentioned, you can stay one night only in albergues that specifically follow that rule, i.e. all the Albergues Municipales. There are also others that only want pilgrims for one overnight stay, and they will let you know when you register. Other accommodations like pensiones, casas rurales, hotels, etc are always available for longer stays. And, yes, definitely stay longer if you are physically in need, or simply find the area charming:) It make your journey so much richer!!
Ultreïa!
Thank you very much! Ultreia to you too!

I agree with a number of the post, Marbe2 is right book a private room so you know your gear is safe and secure. I like to take a break in Burgos and have stayed many times at Norte y Londres, great location and reasonably priced.
Thank you!
I have volunteered as a hospitalera in both Emaus albergue in Burgos (parochial) and the municipal in Najera (just returned last week from here). Both permit only one night in the albergue. At Emaus, anyone who stayed in another albergue in Burgos was not permitted to stay for a second night in Emaus. This makes it possible for pilgrims passing through a town to stay in the albergue hosted by the town or the church, at what is generally a lesser price. Both places have options for pilgrims wishing a second night in town, generally private albergues at a somewhat higher cost, or hostals/hotels. I am not sure what albergue options for a second night are currently available in Burgos, where Emaus is re-opening soon. I think that these albergues are designed for providing accommodation for pilgrims heading for Santiago, not for tourists wishing more time to visit the location. Would I wish to work for free in an albergue with different principles? I think not. And I would not wish to take on the responsibility to host someone inside the albergue for a second day, which would mean that I must be responsible for them during the whole day.
Yes I understand wholeheartedly. Thank you!

I think you walk your own camino. There was no limit for nights as far as I knew on the Le Puy camino. I had to stay 3 nights in one place because of blisters. It was lovely exploring the beautiful little town of Estaing France. Have a lovely time!
Thank you very much!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A lot of these restrictions are just bloody-minded regulation for the sake of it. Private albergues can clean with pilgrims in the house ... Why not the municipals and parochials also?

Privados permit 12 noon checkout, but the others insist on rousting late sleepers like me at 8.

Is there a reason? I can't think of one. The privados stay open during Covid but the civil servants in the municipals close, and the parochials have almost disappeared, proving that cash is a stronger motivation than service. Or maybe the virus haunting the privados is less virulent than the other kind.
I am sure they all work very hard and do the best they can. I want to go with the flow and not be a problem or burden to any place or person. Buen Camino! 😊

I know that 2014 is awhile back, but when I was walking (at age 66) it was a bit of a struggle to keep walking every day. At any of the albergues I stayed at - one had to be out very early in the morning and could not check back in until late afternoon. One could leave one's backpack, etc. there for the day, but couldn't stay. What I needed was respite and rest. I was on a true Pilgrim's budget and had no extra cash for hotels. (I did stay in Santiago for 3 nights at a small hotel when I finished my pilgrimage.) I just chalked it up to being a pilgrim.
Thank you!

Private albergues can clean with pilgrims in the house ... Why not the municipals and parochials also?

Is there a reason? I can't think of one.
You will need to think a little harder. I can think of some reasons that private lodging can/will accommodate multi-day stays more readily than municipal/parochial albergues that are operating with volunteers or limited staff.

The privados stay open during Covid but the civil servants in the municipals close
Some of the municipal/parochial albergues were used for other purposes during the pandemic and their staff were dealing with higher-priority pandemic-related issues. Some donativos stayed closed for the benefit of private albergues.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You will need to think a little harder. I can think of some reasons that private lodging can/will accommodate multi-day stays more readily than municipal/parochial albergues that are operating with volunteers or limited staff.

Some of the municipal/parochial albergues were used for other purposes during the pandemic and their staff were dealing with higher-priority pandemic-related issues. Some donativos stayed closed for the benefit of private albergues.

Yes it makes sense that munis were used for other purposes ( temporary stay for the homeless like in Pamplona and others were used as vaccinationcentres ) Also some municipalities preferred that the private albergues were able to generate some income ( employment ! ) whereas the caretaker / hospi of the albergue municipal is already a civil servant of the townhall ( and on the payroll ). Taking care of the muni is only a small part of his / her job (especially in the smaller villages ).

Yes it makes sense that munis were used for other purposes ( temporary stay for the homeless like in Pamplona and others were used as vaccinationcentres ) Also some municipalities preferred that the private albergues were able to generate some income ( employment ! ) whereas the caretaker / hospi of the albergue municipal is already a civil servant of the townhall ( and on the payroll ). Taking care of the muni is only a small part of his / her job (especially in the smaller villages ).
I noticed during my recent pilgrimage (Levante to VdlP to Sanabres) that a number of albergues which were or had been closed during the pandemic had used the closure as an opportunity to carry out some essential upgrades. For example, major renovations took place in the municipal at Najera during the extensive closure. I had been a hospitalera there in a previous year and noticed the improvements, including significantly fewer beds and partitions between bunks allowing for greater privacy and less noise. These have resulted in a much more comfortable place to stay, and they're not finished yet. A further closure is scheduled to begin next week and continue until spring. Additional bathroom and shower facilities will be added during this time. As a strategy to improve the facilities at a time when fewer pilgrims were arriving because of the pandemic, I expect that these renovations will improve what is offered to pilgrims for many years to come,

Also many who volunteer to be hospitaleros are older, and therefore more vulnerable to Covid, or simply were not permitted to travel to Spain to volunteer.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I think you will find that the private albergues will allow you to stay more than one night.

I had an injury last time and had to stay a few nights in Logrono and several in Burgos. There wasn’t a problem. I’m booked to return in September 22 and like you, will take it very slowly this time!

I had an injury last time and had to stay a few nights in Logrono and several in Burgos. There wasn’t a problem. I’m booked to return in September 22 and like you, will take it very slowly this time!
It depends on the albergue. If it is privately owned you can usually stay on. If it's a municipal or parish albergue, less likely -- second nights are reserved for injured or sick people, especially if it's a donativo or low-cost place.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I haven't read everything above but my summary is that it is compulsory to stop for a day every-so-often.

A Camino is many things of course but in my mind it is not a route march, or a competition to beat a previous record of the Frances in 12 days, unless your religion
includes flagellation.

May I suggest that you partake in a Hosvol course and serve your 2 weeks as a volunteer, you may have a totally different outlook afterwards? ;) Please do consult my recent unfinished account of my experiences as a hospitalero at San Anton. It is not fair to single out the Paroquial Albergues , there are so many restrictions and legal scenarios? The private albergues have been faced with a do or die situation and we have lost some of these gems - they may never be replaced. You may just find that the church are funding the little guys and helping them out in times of need? I regret your dissatisfaction and I will go on to say that your attitude leaves a lot to be desired?
Edit - and another thing ;) The Parish will never turn you away if you are in desperate need ' this coming from an Anglican upbringing. May I say , the Catholic church has never let me down. From experience , they would rather help you financially when in need than take your 'Cash'?

Last edited:
I have stayed two days in a place that I liked to rest and enjoy the place usually I stayed at Pensions or small hotels. Once I stayed five days at a monastery due to sore foot this was on the Via de la Plata

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I haven't read everything above but my summary is that it is compulsory to stop for a day every-so-often.
Compulsory is a pretty strong word!
I'm one of those who would rather do two consecutive short days and keep moving forward rather than take a full rest day. I suppose that I have itchy feet. 👣

I had either a rest day or a "very short next day" once a week or so. Usually in one of the larger towns and in a private room or hotel.
Nice change of pace and surprisingly we still met up with the same bunch of pilgrims over our 45 day CF.

Compulsory is a pretty strong word!
I'm one of those who would rather do two consecutive short days and keep moving forward rather than take a full rest day. I suppose that I have itchy feet. 👣
Agree @trecile

@Sirage I think perhaps you didn’t mean that comment literally. To me thé only ‘compulsory’ aspect of any Camino is to try to walk in your own way with an open mind and heart. The rest - how long, how many days, how many stops etc - is just detail and logistics.

Even when I’ve thought I might stop a day in a particular town, when the time came I felt the greater desire to keep walking. Not because I was in a race or trying to break a record. I guess I just enjoy the rhythm of walking each day - long or short. Though, taking time for an injury or illness is another thing altogether.

I’m just happy to be able to contemplate another Camino in the not too distant future.

@JS1 back to you - Buen Camino 😎

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
In 2010 my son walked alone from Le-Puy-en-Velay to SdC. On July 11, Spain won the World Cup. Beer and wine flowed freely after the victory. My son had just turned 17 and had little experience with alcohol. He was confused the next morning when he couldn't drag himself out of bed. As my son tells the story, the "janitor" cleaning the albergue told him he must leave. Michael replied that he was ill. Later the same man returned, wearing tidier clothes. The gentleman told him that he was also the albergue "doctor". He reassured Michael that he wasn't ill, but he had permission to stay a second night.

I offer a belated thank you to the "doctor."

The privados stay open during Covid but the civil servants in the municipals close,
I know this thread has been closed but I just wanted to add one observation about the closing of municipal albergues during covid. It was explained to me by the mayor of a town on the Olvidado that though he desperately wanted to re-open his town’s albergue, it would be hypocritical (and also probably politically damaging) to open the albergue while the polideportivo (municipal sports complex) remained closed for the town’s residents. Since many albergues on untraveled routes are located in polideportivos, that would be even more complicated.

So I would not in any way attribute this to civil servant laziness. The fact that a municipal government operates an albergue for pilgrims is a source of gratitude for me, not complaint.

€46,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back