• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino The Nomad Pack - On the move!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
He almost fell off today during a sleep, he likes to dangle his head off the side of the bag so when vannii moves quicker he wakes up suddenly to keep his position, or slides off.
Sounds comical! This is probably a dumb question, but does Buddha jump up on Vanni's back himself or do you help him?

Sounds comical! This is probably a dumb question, but does Buddha jump up on Vanni's back himself or do you help him?
No he's never jumped up. Before we got vannii he used to sit on top of my pack so he got used to the idea early on. In the mornings once vannii is packed I put him on top and he chooses which riding position he wants. I attach him if we're on a busy road just in case but he only jumps of when he realises were stopping for a while. He moves around on top of the bags, sometimes sitting as the front and watching or curled up in the small gap between the saddle and bag. He's camouflaged like that and many people don't even notice he's there. Even two pilgrims today spent 5 mins chatting with me standing right next to vannii and they didn't notice Buddha until he stood up to see who was disturbing his sleep

No he's never jumped up. Before we got vannii he used to sit on top of my pack so he got used to the idea early on. In the mornings once vannii is packed I put him on top and he chooses which riding position he wants. I attach him if we're on a busy road just in case but he only jumps of when he realises were stopping for a while. He moves around on top of the bags, sometimes sitting as the front and watching or curled up in the small gap between the saddle and bag. He's camouflaged like that and many people don't even notice he's there. Even two pilgrims today spent 5 mins chatting with me standing right next to vannii and they didn't notice Buddha until he stood up to see who was disturbing his sleep
Thanks for the details, NP!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
NP, I know you are heading back to get your wagon. Why did you leave it behind in the first place?...You've probably told us before but I can't remember.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi @Nomad Pack I’m still here I had to make a stop in San Sebastián a couple days to get physio for my Heel spur tommorow off to Zarautz an Albergue Blai Blai... trying to be smart and let the inflammation go down before putting more miles on her. Had no WiFi so this is my first posting in a couple days. Blog updated at omoperc.com and tips updated here for fellow pilgrims under live from the Norte sub forum. Happy to see you and the pack are going well.

NP, I know you are heading back to get your wagon. Why did you leave it behind in the first place?...You've probably told us before but I can't remember.
This thread is getting so long even I can't remember what I've said.
Basically it was because I wanted to scout the terrain first and find the flatest way to make it easier for vannii. That's why I'm walking back mostly on the main road so I know what to expect in terms of traffic and inclines. I have no idea how far uphill vannii will go before needing a rest. She normally picks up the pace on inclines, I guess she just wants to get it over with quickly but she will figure it out and find a pace that suits her. If she wants a rest I just whack the breaks on and give her ten minutes.
We made today the lazy day and were camping next to the iglesia San Pedro, named after me, 2km from santilina. The Latino man looking after the church is very kind and has given me drinks and fruit and prepared a dinner for us at 7 and any pilgrims that might turn up.
Today has been one of those strange days which creates a crossroad in choices. I was walking along the road when a beautiful posh looking woman with big sunglasses pulled up in a new Audi and said that she saw me in llanes a few days back and two months before on my travel there. I put the animals in a field as she did the typical Spanish manoeuvre of parking in the middle of he road with just the hazard lights flashing away. She got out and before I could say anything she put 20 euros in my hand saying how much she loves animals and how wonderful my pack was. After explaining what I was doing all she wanted to do was help, she asked me why I didn't just transport the cart by truck and so said she will see if she can find a friend to do it. She insisted I stay with her family on the way back and told me if I want a job outside she will find me something. So l look forward to meeting her family and to see what possibilities there might be. She was shocked I was alone doing all this but the Spaniards typically have big families all in a local area so know everyone.
The sun should hit are camp early in the morning so we will make an early start to pass through santilina before all the tourists arrive as it will be Saturday.

This thread is getting so long even I can't remember what I've said.
Basically it was because I wanted to scout the terrain first and find the flatest way to make it easier for vannii. That's why I'm walking back mostly on the main road so I know what to expect in terms of traffic and inclines. I have no idea how far uphill vannii will go before needing a rest. She normally picks up the pace on inclines, I guess she just wants to get it over with quickly but she will figure it out and find a pace that suits her. If she wants a rest I just whack the breaks on and give her ten minutes.
We made today the lazy day and were camping next to the iglesia San Pedro, named after me, 2km from santilina. The Latino man looking after the church is very kind and has given me drinks and fruit and prepared a dinner for us at 7 and any pilgrims that might turn up.
Today has been one of those strange days which creates a crossroad in choices. I was walking along the road when a beautiful posh looking woman with big sunglasses pulled up in a new Audi and said that she saw me in llanes a few days back and two months before on my travel there. I put the animals in a field as she did the typical Spanish manoeuvre of parking in the middle of he road with just the hazard lights flashing away. She got out and before I could say anything she put 20 euros in my hand saying how much she loves animals and how wonderful my pack was. After explaining what I was doing all she wanted to do was help, she asked me why I didn't just transport the cart by truck and so said she will see if she can find a friend to do it. She insisted I stay with her family on the way back and told me if I want a job outside she will find me something. So l look forward to meeting her family and to see what possibilities there might be. She was shocked I was alone doing all this but the Spaniards typically have big families all in a local area so know everyone.
The sun should hit are camp early in the morning so we will make an early start to pass through santilina before all the tourists arrive as it will be Saturday.
There is a saying in Spanish that translates poorly thus: the sun shines out of your backside...(tienes una flor en el culo). And where I come from: what is for you don’t go by you. All the best in making your mind up.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi @Nomad Pack I’m still here I had to make a stop in San Sebastián a couple days to get physio for my Heel spur tommorow off to Zarautz an Albergue Blai Blai... trying to be smart and let the inflammation go down before putting more miles on her. Had no WiFi so this is my first posting in a couple days. Blog updated at omoperc.com and tips updated here for fellow pilgrims under live from the Norte sub forum. Happy to see you and the pack are going well.
Hey there, take it easy and rest whenever your body tells you. I was in a wheelchair for six months after a motorbike crash and it was 2 years until I could walk any distance without pain in my ankles so I understand the frustration it may cause. I'll be back at my old house probably in 4 or 5 days. I'm more than happy to stay at Noja beach and wait for you so we can walk back to llanes together. Our slow donkey speed may be well matched for you. It's funny that two active members here are walking towards each other on the same Camino, maybe a first.
Keep it up, and take in this amazing spring were having

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hey there, take it easy and rest whenever your body tells you. I was in a wheelchair for six months after a motorbike crash and it was 2 years until I could walk any distance without pain in my ankles so I understand the frustration it may cause. I'll be back at my old house probably in 4 or 5 days. I'm more than happy to stay at Noja beach and wait for you so we can walk back to llanes together. Our slow donkey speed may be well matched for you. It's funny that two active members here are walking towards each other on the same Camino, maybe a first.
Hahah im doing well had a fantastic physio session. As I type this I have ice on my foot. I am happy to take it slow I’m in no rush. Starting on Monday I can use Correos Paq Mochila I will read more about it tonight. I will catch you and the pack at some point hahah 😁 I promise to keep in touch >

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hahah im doing well had a fantastic physio session. As I type this I have ice on my foot. I am happy to take it slow I’m in no rush. Starting on Monday I can use Correos Paq Mochila I will read more about it tonight. I will catch you and the pack at some point hahah 😁 I promise to keep in touch >
Well when you meet us you will be able to give over your pack to vannii, I've got no time constraints so taking every day with however the pack feels.

I've arranged for you an evening having dinner in the bell tower of a very special church overlooking the sea, I'll pm you the details, don't wanna make everyone else here jealous 😉. Let's just say being a locally famous donkey pilgrim has its advantages.

€46,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi NP, i hope you and pack are well and healthy. I’ve been off the air a bit, recovering from shingles this past few months and feeling a bit miserable. I have a lot of catching up to do on you and the fam.
I too spent a few months in a wheelchair after a motorbike accident, I came off the back of my hubbys. I’m sure that has something to do with wanting to walk because I couldn’t for so long, you’ll understand that. Slainte.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yeah
Hi NP, i hope you and pack are well and healthy. I’ve been off the air a bit, recovering from shingles this past few months and feeling a bit miserable. I have a lot of catching up to do on you and the fam.
I too spent a few months in a wheelchair after a motorbike accident, I came off the back of my hubbys. I’m sure that has something to do with wanting to walk because I couldn’t for so long, you’ll understand that. Slainte.
The bike crashed sucked, my whole life back then was about riding. But wouldn't change things, not everyone gets to experience the fun flying downhill in a wheelchair. I broke both ankles in several places, cracked ribs, my left wrist and ripped open my knee. I cried because my bike was totaled when it happened but felt little pain, then I got a helicopter ride to Coventry hospital dosed up on morphine which was awesome.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Yeah

The bike crashed sucked, my whole life back then was about riding. But wouldn't change things, not everyone gets to experience the fun flying downhill in a wheelchair. I broke both ankles in several places, cracked ribs, my left wrist and ripped open my knee. I cried because my bike was totaled when it happened but felt little pain, then I got a helicopter ride to Coventry hospital dosed up on morphine which was awesome.
Well, what a positive attitude you had...or is it only in hindsight! 😉

Almost, a mula is male donkey, female horse, the opposite is called a hinny and looks more donkey like useally.
Hmmm, I learn something new every day...never heard of a hinny before! I thought a mule was a mule was a mule!
As you can see, I like to add humour when I find opportunity!😛

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I generally enjoyed the experience, gave me time to study my interests high on liquid morphine they sent me home with, even though I didn't need it
Glad you had such a good time following your motorcycle crash! 😄
My hubby once had a baby deer dart out of the woods into the side of his motorcycle, getting a leg caught. He drug it for a quarter mile before being able to stop due to traffic. That really shook him up for awhile, but he never stopped riding...I, however, stopped riding on the back.

Last edited:
Well when you meet us you will be able to give over your pack to vannii, I've got no time constraints so taking every day with however the pack feels.

I've arranged for you an evening having dinner in the bell tower of a very special church overlooking the sea, I'll pm you the details, don't wanna make everyone else here jealous 😉. Let's just say being a locally famous donkey pilgrim has its advantages.
Hi NP - hope you take some photos of the bell tower - from the outside - and the view from the inside - and may be the dinner too you'll be having together :)
That way we can feel we've been there with you, and will not be jealous :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yeah

Motorbike to wheelchair isn’t the best thing...I just threw up on morphine so no free trip there either!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
is that some kind of martial arts on the beach

It might be kick-boxing ... they seem to be wearing boxing gloves ... or Taekwondo?
Locally, kick-boxers wear track bottoms and t-shirts; White suits are worn for Taekwondo ...
Confusing ... 😯

Motorbike to wheelchair isn’t the best thing...I just threw up on morphine so no free trip there either!

Some of us just can’t tolerate pain killers.
I was once prescribed dihydrocodeine and valium together, because my back wouldn’t let go of a spasm which had rendered me immobile (and in a lot of pain). The combination gave me an unbearable headache and severe nausea ... I find it almost impossible to throw up, unfortunately ...
I didn’t take a second dose ....

@Nomad Pack ... (my ‘autocarrot’ tried to put “Not mad” there 😂😂😂 ... Indeed!!)
keep on truckin’ ...
You are one of a growing number of human beings who are a ‘balance’ in/to our linear, acquisitive, progress(?) driven world ... I wonder how you preserved your-Self throughout your UK education?
You are received by (almost) all you meet, with interest and warmth ... hardly surprising, as you are living a life that follows your own inner integrity. You found your path-with-a-heart ... and you chose to do it ...
(Anyone who envies you can make the same, or a similar, choice themselves 😉 ... though there are few who would be genuinely comfortable with your way of living.)

And Budda ... 🙃 ... he’s just wonderful! We used to have a black cat who hitched with us, all over the south of the UK, keeping our necks warm in the cold 😉
We had to wait decades for another like her ... she comes to greet me, when she comes home, even before going to eat ❤️

When I first started reading your thread, John Martyn’s “May You Never” started ‘playing’ in my head ... so go well, and all your Pack with you.

It might be kick-boxing ... they seem to be wearing boxing gloves ... or Taekwondo?
Locally, kick-boxers wear track bottoms and t-shirts; White suits are worn for Taekwondo ...
Confusing ... 😯

Some of us just can’t tolerate pain killers.
I was once prescribed dihydrocodeine and valium together, because my back wouldn’t let go of a spasm which had rendered me immobile (and in a lot of pain). The combination gave me an unbearable headache and severe nausea ... I find it almost impossible to throw up, unfortunately ...
I didn’t take a second dose ....

@Nomad Pack ... (my ‘autocarrot’ tried to put “Not mad” there 😂😂😂 ... Indeed!!)
keep on truckin’ ...
You are one of a growing number of human beings who are a ‘balance’ in/to our linear, acquisitive, progress(?) driven world ... I wonder how you preserved your-Self throughout your UK education?
You are received by (almost) all you meet, with interest and warmth ... hardly surprising, as you are living a life that follows your own inner integrity. You found your path-with-a-heart ... and you chose to do it ...
(Anyone who envies you can make the same, or a similar, choice themselves 😉 ... though there are few who would be genuinely comfortable with your way of living.)

And Budda ... 🙃 ... he’s just wonderful! We used to have a black cat who hitched with us, all over the south of the UK, keeping our necks warm in the cold 😉
We had to wait decades for another like her ... she comes to greet me, when she comes home, even before going to eat ❤

When I first started reading your thread, John Martyn’s “May You Never” started ‘playing’ in my head ... so go well, and all your Pack with you.
I didn't have a normal education, I was sent to boarding school near Banbury for austic children when I was 11. The experts surely do know how to make things worse. I tried living the normal life but was homeless after leaving school so the council gave me a horrible flat surrounded by strangers. I had no idea how to live in the "normal" world and tried working different jobs in town but could never make any friend's or tolerate people at work acting like they had authority over me. So my father bought me an old canal boat and I got baissier and travelled around England and Wales in that working in a couple of marina's whilst training baissier. 2 years later at 23 I sold the boat, moved to Egypt with baissier during the build up to the military coup and got a job working with baissier in Cairo. Another 2 years later we flew back to England, stayed with my father on the sofa for a few weeks to get used to the weather then set of walking across France to the Pyrenees to look at some mountains. Been wondering around since...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Now, Nomad Pack, you know who or what baissier is. I don’t. I looked it up and find a figurative reference, but maybe also a bear like animal. So was it a big fluffy dog? I care not for your spelling, but in case you would like to know: you wrote that you have been wondering around. I believe you. Also, you have been wandering. Both are gifts. Keep doing both.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Now, Nomad Pack, you know who or what baissier is. I don’t. I looked it up and find a figurative reference, but maybe also a bear like animal. So was it a big fluffy dog? I care not for your spelling, but in case you would like to know: you wrote that you have been wondering around. I believe you. Also, you have been wandering. Both are gifts. Keep doing both.
Baissier is my German shepherd and don't worry about my spelling, it's this shit phone I'm using which is very hard to press the right letter

Sorry, I should have said this: your spelling or your phone’s choice of letters is not a concern at all. I just found the replacement of wander for wonder a lovely happenchance.
It was a great happenchance! And I'm still not fully awake yet cuz I thought "bassier" was some kind of boat! (My excuse anyway)!

Sorry, I should have said this: your spelling or your phone’s choice of letters is not a concern at all. I just found the replacement of wander for wonder a lovely happenchance.
Wander And Wonder....lovely play on words here ..love it
You are a clever girl Kirkie

I didn't have a normal education, I was sent to boarding school near Banbury for austic children when I was 11. The experts surely do know how to make things worse. I tried living the normal life but was homeless after leaving school so the council gave me a horrible flat surrounded by strangers. I had no idea how to live in the "normal" world and tried working different jobs in town but could never make any friend's or tolerate people at work acting like they had authority over me. So my father bought me an old canal boat and I got baissier and travelled around England and Wales in that working in a couple of marina's whilst training baissier. 2 years later at 23 I sold the boat, moved to Egypt with baissier during the build up to the military coup and got a job working with baissier in Cairo. Another 2 years later we flew back to England, stayed with my father on the sofa for a few weeks to get used to the weather then set of walking across France to the Pyrenees to look at some mountains. Been wondering around since...
NP
You have done and achieved more with your life than many people with so called "settled" lives
You should be proud of yourself so build on that

Quote:
“The experts surely do know how to make things worse.”
Don’t they just ....
I read your first sentence, thought ‘oh, no’ ... and then read the one I’ve quoted above.

Your father’s gift of the boat allowed you to escape a life that must have been very alien to you.
When we follow our true ‘inner voice’, it can be trusted ... we just have to be conscious .... and consciousness can be difficult to sustain in the busy lives we seem unable, or unwilling, to look up from. (note to self ... this is the Camino forum 🤫)
And what better than to seek out mountains? 🙂

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Walking again now, the past three days i can't seem to open my money bag. Free beers bought for me at a bar yesterday. Then passing another bar a lady ran out to give me 5 euros. This morning I stopped at the first cafe for cafe which is my only routine and a guy there bought me it. Then stopped at a bar for lunch today and farmer with three donkeys told me everything I want is on him and invited me to a night at his house on the way back. The sun is obviously a big motivater for hospitality but I think my pack are the reason.

Passing Santander 20km north of me and turned a corner to see my mountain about 50km away. Got to climb it and drop back down the other side to my old house
Wonderful ...tomorrow I’m off to Zumaria and an eco farm albergue . Today I walked to getaria and back to zuarutz was a nice day but too much concrete ...heel spur is] swollen a bit but a little massage and stretch it will be ok tomorrow. Enjoy the mountain Nomad. I’m slow but at least I’m moving forward hahhha

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Walking again now, the past three days i can't seem to open my money bag. Free beers bought for me at a bar yesterday. Then passing another bar a lady ran out to give me 5 euros. This morning I stopped at the first cafe for cafe which is my only routine and a guy there bought me it. Then stopped at a bar for lunch today and farmer with three donkeys told me everything I want is on him and invited me to a night at his house on the way back. The sun is obviously a big motivater for hospitality but I think my pack are the reason.
Just great :)
ENJOY it !!

Hey, an eco albergue sounds awesome. Sounds like your matching my 15km per day. I'm suffering only from dry lips, but finally passed an pharmacy today so now it's ok. So far I've got two invites on the way back which your more than welcome to join me for. Gives you a chance to meet some true cantabrian locals. I'll try my best to translate but one family speak English anyway. At the rate all this hospitality is going it's dawning on me that I might just continue on after llanes and head to Portugal for the summer. And who knows, my grand adventure might just come into play and I'll set off for Greece, alone is nessecary. But first ive got to get my eagle which is an egg at the moment in the Pyrenees but hopefully by august will be feeding the dogs and flying along with the wagon.

€46,-
Hey, an eco albergue sounds awesome. Sounds like your matching my 15km per day. I'm suffering only from dry lips, but finally passed an pharmacy today so now it's ok. So far I've got two invites on the way back which your more than welcome to join me for. Gives you a chance to meet some true cantabrian locals. I'll try my best to translate but one family speak English anyway. At the rate all this hospitality is going it's dawning on me that I might just continue on after llanes and head to Portugal for the summer. And who knows, my grand adventure might just come into play and I'll set off for Greece, alone is nessecary. But first ive got to get my eagle which is an egg at the moment in the Pyrenees but hopefully by august will be feeding the dogs and flying along with the wagon.
Ye im looking forward to it. Will take some pictures for you. Thanks I can understand some spanish, not too well when speaking though.. with a head injury it’s hard for my brain to keep up sometimes. Wow did you say eagle in the Pyrenees. You are a man of many talents 😁 you amaze me.

I think I need to get myself a donkey for my next camino! 😅

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ye im looking forward to it. Will take some pictures for you. Thanks I can understand some spanish, not too well when speaking though.. with a head injury it’s hard for my brain to keep up sometimes. Wow did you say eagle in the Pyrenees. You are a man of many talents 😁 you amaze me.
Yeah, an aguiler de Harris (Harris hawk) native to the USA but loved here in Spain for hunting. Some people I know breed them and other birds in the Pyrenees. I need a way to feed my dogs when on the great travel and an eagle will do the job nicely.

Artic Norway.. wow now that's certainly the place to put my camping skills to the test. Its almost too easy this far south, even camping here in winter is like summer camping back in England. Funny that the forums anti campers don't try telling me it's illegal anymore, I always tried explaining the things written on paper isn't the reality so if I can achieve one thing with this thread it would be to inspire more pilgrims to embrace reality.

I was wondering however... when I pick up the wagon, am I still camping or becoming a caravaner?
And the tourists... I try to remain hopeful...
I know. When in the Norwegian Army, I was camping in mountains in a small tent on border patrols against Finland and Russia (former Soviet Union) in winter. That was cold... Camping in Spain is good/easy, whatever season..

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Sorry no battery to write much, phone is useless. Almost home, met more people today, only been asked twice today if I will sell nomad, 300euros from one guy another 500euros... I Keep telling them 10000euros plus a good horse. Someone offered me his Hispanic/Breton for 1000Euros, beautiful horse, perfect for a wagon. would have bought him if I had enough, unfortunately he will be sold as meat soon.

I know. When in the Norwegian Army, I was camping in mountains in a small tent on border patrols against Finland and Russia (former Soviet Union) in winter. That was cold... Camping in Spain is good/easy, whatever season..
I can imagine that sleeping outside and even upright (actually almost standing - not really a sleep) in the walls in my climbing years!!!

€149,-
IF it's Vannie with the white muzzle, and Nomade with the brown one - it seems Nomad has grown to be bigger than Vannie - right ??
Everyone is suprised he is only ten months, he isn't as tall as vannii yet but getting there. His muzzle should be white like both parents so either it will turn that colour in time or the grand parents gave him the genes

If you see any 'habitable' places for sale, please let me know. :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi pilgrims , last year i had some spare days and i walked from Irun to Santander , so my plan for this year was to start in Bilbao and walk to Santiago in 24 days . It turned out that i can...
Hi, ive been training for my CDN in two weeks time and thought i'd get some UK coastline under my belt (Scarborough to Robin hoods Bay). I have to say i was just not prepared for the amount for...
hello We plan to walk from Irún to San Sebastián first day in Mid May and looking for feedback on how long it takes. Think we are up to it but will be our first day. Thanks for your thoughts and...
Please, am I mad to contemplate the following combo: Norte: Biarritz-Bayonne-Irun-Santander (via Bayonne to get my legs going) Santander - train to Leon San Salvador - Leon to Oviedo Primitivo -...
I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
What is the most beautiful seven day section on the Camino del Norte? I have a good friend who cannot come with me for the entire walk. She is only available for a week. I start from Irun. She...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.