• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Two Last Minute Questions About Santiago

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
One more sleep until we leave for Santiago, and I still have a couple of questions.

1. We get off the plane around 8 pm. Is there a bus that goes INTO Old Town Santiago from the airport? On the map we have, it looks like it drops people off quite a distance from the Cathedral.

2. Does anyone know what time the ALSA bus station opens? We need to buy a ticket and catch a bus to Seville early Thursday morning and need to know if we should buy our ticket the day before? Or will the window be open that morning?

I'm so excited! Thanks for any information anyone can give us.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I cannot answer with any great authority, nor can I remember the names of any streets, but if the bus from the airport takes you to the square where we got on a bus to go to the airport it is very close to the old city. We stayed at Hostel Suso on Rua Do Vilar (only 5 mins walk from the cathedral, puerta de las platerias), and the square where the bus stopped was no more than 10 mins walk, if that. I have looked on Google maps to remind myself of the street name, and when I clicked on satellite view the square where we got the bus is the rectangle of greenery south of Rua da Senra, with a strange pattern superimposed which I think indicates an underground car park! Santiago is not a very big city.

I'm sure that Ivar would give you better information!

buen camino Annie, sleep well, go well, farewell!

Thanks! I think we found it and we're all packed and ready. The modem is going to the drop box now and no more internet until Santiago I think.

Hope to pass some of you on the Way.

Buen Camino!
Annie and Joe

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Annie and your Beau - not an answer to the question, just my best wishes for a safe journey and a wonderful Spanish adventure - old hands as you are - Enjoy! and may the Good God walk with you ...

in both your hearts - joy and peace

David

I took the early morning Alsa to Madrid in 2007 and their wicket was open at 7.00 am. However, I had purchased my ticket the day before at a travel agent, and preferred not having to worry about ticket purchase at that hour.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back