Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Two new albergues in Grandas de Salime

peregrina2000

Staff member
The hotel at the dam, Las Grandas, now has albergue beds at 10€.
Tel. 985 62 72 30 or 660 58 91 30

In town, an old stone casa rural has been converted to an albergue as well. Fully equipped kitchen, rooms with 3, 4, or 6 beds, beautiful garden space. Beds are 12€ each.
Casa Sanchez tel. 626 665 118.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you for the information. I'm leaving Wednesday for The Norte and then continuing on the Primitivo and I'm gathering all the info, I can get. Seems like albergues are popping up everywhere on the Primitivo so there should be beds for everybody.

excellent news, laurie! do you happen to know too if hotel las grandas is open all year or only in season, and if the restaurant still closes at 16h as someone posted on the forum?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi caminka. I can't imagine the restaurant closes if there are people sleeping there bc there is absolutely nothing else there.

I do think they are only open seasonally. I'll try to remember to call them to get the answers.

Taking a rest in cadavo before heading onto Castroverde. So I called the hotel. Dinner is at 8 pm and they are open either all year or they occasionally close Dec and Jan. If you're going to walk then you should call to make sure. Buen camino, Laurie

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
When we stayed at the hotel El Salto, at the dam, the restaurant closed at 16.00 as it was a Sunday. They made us a meal at 15.50! just asked us to leave our packs in our room quickly and shower/change after eating. In the evening they made bocadillos and raciones in the bar, so there was plenty to eat.

The hotel might be under new management now since the name is Las Grandas. When I called to ask the question about dinner, the guy I spoke with said dinner is at 8 "Como siempre".

The bar and terrace are very nice. And I had a great pincho de tortilla. I think it might have been the most expensive café con leche I've ever had in Spain at 2.30€.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back