• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

two new albergues on the coastal route.

M

mikevasey

Two new albergues have opened up in the last few weeks, 1) Albergue San Tiago de Labruge, which is about 20km walking from the centre of Porto and about a km before Vila Cha. It would leave a 15-17 km walk the next day to the albergue in Povoa de Varzim. 2) Vila Nova de Cerveira, which is on the turn off to Valenca and the central route, details are vague on this one, but seen it mentioned a couple of times and a picture. It is more of a refugio type building than albergue. This would break the 37- 38 km day from Caminha to Valenca in half.
Buen Camino

Last edited by a moderator:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The albergues on the Caminho da Costa seem to be evenly spaced, usually somewhere between 16-24km. With the last two there is a complete coverage of Albergue de peregrinos from the centre of Porto, along the coast and up to Valenca. Well done to the municipals and associations overseeing this area.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks - I've added the first one to the list at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15YjQVotp9btlbTUx6YDMgFpHcm3__9msYMJ_nHKOe2E/edit#gid=0 :)

A bit hard to find adress and phone number on them - so far, I've found them here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Albergue-STiago-De-Labruge/727383627383503
I miss in Albergaria-a-Velha casa Diocesana
It is a retraîte house with nuns. You can sleep there in rooms with bunkbeds
Hot showers, lunch, diner and next morning breakfast. We pais 3€ per person in 2013.

Then the Collegio in Cernache, present on your list is free. Not donativo
It is a schoolcampus. On the campus is a house with 4 or 5 rooms with bunkbeds and hot showers. You have to call on before hand and the concierge waits for you. I think you only can be there during weekdays and during schooltimes. You have to be in before 21h00 and leave the next morning at 7h00
Oposite the gate is a kind of snackbar for a meal and breakfast.

Hot showers, lunch, diner and next morning breakfast. We pais 3€ per person in 2013.

It is a schoolcampus. On the campus is a house with 4 or 5 rooms with bunkbeds and hot showers. You have to call on before hand and the concierge waits for you. I think you only can be there during weekdays and during schooltimes. You have to be in before 21h00 and leave the next morning at 7h00
Hostal Anacleta in Oliveira de AzameíS was a filthy place not advisable.

I thought this year May we paid. €45 for a double room in hotel A Raîna in Oia with breakfast the next morning
Good hotel !

In Mougas is an albergue

Last edited:

Thanks :) I updated it with your comments - happy for the feedback, not many have reacted on it so far but I hope we can make it a common document.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hostal Anacleta in Oliveira de AzameíS was a filthy place not advisable.

I thought this year May we paid. €45 for a double room in hotel A Raîna in Oia with breakfast the next morning
Good hotel !

In Mougas is an albergue

Thanks! Sheet now also updated with this info - I found an albergue in Mougas on the internet, hope it's the right one as I don't read or speak Portuguese or Spanish :)

Thanks! Sheet now also updated with this info - I found an albergue in Mougas on the internet, hope it's the right one as I don't read or speak Portuguese or Spanish :)
There is only one small albergue in Mougas so this is the one you meant

I have contacted the Albergue Santiago in Labruge by e-mail. They do not take reservations but the reply said there are usually beds. My daughter and I will stop there on June 3rd 2017. I will be able to make a report to the forum when and if I have wi-fi. In the meantime if there is any more information available I would appreciate seeing pics or docs.
Thanks
Jim

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We stayd at Labruge albergue22.4.-17. An old chool building with good facilities. No bunkbeds!!! It' s donativo. So nice and helpful hospitaleras. Bar with meals justa around the corner and minimarket too.
Albergue in Mougas, private/ 10€/ pers. Nice and clean, bunkbeds. A few showers but a pleasant backyard to relax. Restaurant adjusted . Supermarket quite far( 1km). Stayed on 28.4.-17
Bom caminho

I have contacted the Albergue Santiago in Labruge by e-mail. They do not take reservations but the reply said there are usually beds. My daughter and I will stop there on June 3rd 2017. I will be able to make a report to the forum when and if I have wi-fi. In the meantime if there is any more information available I would appreciate seeing pics or docs.
Thanks
Jim
Hi Jim. I am busy planning my trip and thinking of staying over at the Albergue in Labruge. Any comments about your stay there?

Hi Jim. I am busy planning my trip and thinking of staying over at the Albergue in Labruge. Any comments about your stay there?
Yes. First you should know to arrive early. The volunteer who has the key lives directly across the street. Thats just in case there is no one at the bldg when you arrive.
It is clean and well looked after with no real curfew except for what is generally accepted. There is a fairly good restaurant less than a block away.
The albergue is about a 5-10 minute walk up the road that leaves the Camino and there are no turns. It is in the schoolhouse on the left hand side just past the restaurant.
The main room had about 12-14 beds but there is a second room upstairs of similar capacity. We were told that the albergue is seldom full. The main room was full on the night in early June when we stayed.
It deserves my recommendation as a basic well cared for facility.
Bom Caminho
Jim

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Yes. First you should know to arrive early. The volunteer who has the key lives directly across the street. Thats just in case there is no one at the bldg when you arrive.
It is clean and well looked after with no real curfew except for what is generally accepted. There is a fairly good restaurant less than a block away.
The albergue is about a 5-10 minute walk up the road that leaves the Camino and there are no turns. It is in the schoolhouse on the left hand side just past the restaurant.
The main room had about 12-14 beds but there is a second room upstairs of similar capacity. We were told that the albergue is seldom full. The main room was full on the night in early June when we stayed.
It deserves my recommendation as a basic well cared for facility.
Bom Caminho
Jim
Thank you for the info Jim.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back