Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Two new Albergues on the Primitivo.

Isca-camigo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Various ones.
Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks for the information. I am starting to walk from Oviedo on the 14 May. Which Primitivo FB page is the information on?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi @jennysa - I don't know which FB page it came from but here are the details that I have on the two places mentioned:

# Villa Palatina
In: Paladín
Type: Hostel / Guesthouse
Phone: +34 985 058 097
Mobile: +34 603 402 500
Email: hola@villapalatina.es
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Villa-Palatina-825986624417614/

Description:
Hostel and guesthouse in Paladín located directly on the Primitivo. Has 32 places in bunks spread over 4 rooms plus private doubles and triples.

Amenities include WiFi, in-house restaurant, bunks with individual light / power outlet / USB charger, washer / dryer, common room, nice garden / terrace, and bicycle area.

Opened in 2019.

Coords: 43.399727, -6.014101

# Albergue la Montera
In: Borres
Type: Albergue - Private
Phone 1: +34 625 870 679
Phone 2: +34 647 857 856
Email: info@alberguelamontera.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alberguelamontera

Description:
Private albergue in Borres located close to the Primitivo's path. Has 10 places available in bunks in one room plus one private room (two singles) with its own bathroom / shower and kitchenette.

Amenities include self-service kitchen, bunks with individual light / power outlet, lockers, and common area. Note that there is only one shower for 10 guests.

Opened in 2019. Operated by Isabel and Ramiro.

Coords: 43.33546, -6.556548

Hope that helps.

The Facebook page was one which Ray and Rosa ( Manzaneres El Real) have set up, they have set up a few for different routes and I got invited on because I follow their main website.

My sister and I will be starting the Primitivo from Oviedo on May 12. Perhaps we will see you along the way. Been Camino.
Fantastic! Buen Camino . I walked it in June last year and am walking with a friend who has never walked a Camino before.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
My sister and I will be starting the Primitivo from Oviedo on May 12. Perhaps we will see you along the way. Been Camino.
Steve and Jenny Hi, I start from Oviedo on May 13. I”ll be carrying a dark green 28L Osprey backpack & fluorescent green visor. May our paths meet, Buen Camino. Aymarah

Buen Camino to you as well. Lets hope our paths meet. I am carrying an ancient orange 35 L Deuter with a South African badge on the back.

Hi to Jennysa , el cascayal and Steve900hiker. My colleague and I are setting off from Oviedo on monday 13th. Hope to meet you en route! You won't miss us - two cheerful old Brits.
I understand that Grado is effectively closed on mondays so we think we should pack some food for first night/breakfast. And looking forward to meeting the famous Domingo.....

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I guess it depends on how fast/slow we all walk as to whether we meet up. You say 'Grado' closed ? Please post something about our now famous Domingo when you get there so I can pick it up for the 14th? I hope that we will meet up but if not, Buen Camino! It IS

Yes, I have read somewhere that Grado has a market day Sunday but all the shops then close on Monday. So we are planning to add a few snacks at Oviedo just in case.

Hi to Jennysa , el cascayal and Steve900hiker. My colleague and I are setting off from Oviedo on monday 13th. Hope to meet you en route! You won't miss us - two cheerful old Brits.
I understand that Grado is effectively closed on mondays so we think we should pack some food for first night/breakfast. And looking forward to meeting the famous Domingo.....
Rich Tea, Hola! There are many bars and bakeries in Grado, hope they are not all closed at the same time 🥴. Hope to see you on the path. It’s so close. Buen Camino! Aymarah

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back