• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Two Nights in SJPP

SanJo

♥ Gratitude ♥
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (April & May 2017)
To combat jetlag (because we'll be arriving in SJPP around 7:30pm) we'd like to stay two nights at affordable rates and I am wondering if we can stay at one albergue one night and then another the next?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I imagine most if not all the private albergues in St Jean will allow you to spend two nights at them.
Check out booking.com. There's a few on there and I used that website last year to reserve an albergue bed at St Jean. Look at the prices and reviews then decide.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I imagine most if not all the private albergues in St Jean will allow you to spend two nights at them.
Check out booking.com. There's a few on there and I used that website last year to reserve an albergue bed at St Jean. Look at the prices and reviews then decide.
Thank you, this is good to know and I'll check out that website.

There is a wealth of accommodation in St Jean. Many will be happy to offer two nights lodgings. There is no need to Albergue - hop.

Alternatively spend one night in St Jean and one in Orrison or Valcarlos both are a gentle afternoon stroll from St Jean.
Thanks, we are staying at Orrison, as well :)

There is a wealth of accommodation in St Jean. Many will be happy to offer two nights lodgings. There is no need to Albergue - hop.

Alternatively spend one night in St Jean and one in Orrison or Valcarlos both are a gentle afternoon stroll from St Jean.
Exactly my plan is 1st night SJPP March 18 and next day Sunday (after mass in SJPP) "gentle stroll" to Valcarlos. Buen camino !

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
To combat jetlag (because we'll be arriving in SJPP around 7:30pm) we'd like to stay two nights at affordable rates and I am wondering if we can stay at one albergue one night and then another the next?
I stayed two nights at Auberge du Pelerin. It is #25 Rue Citadelle half way up the hill from the church. The Pilgrim Office is a little further up on the same side of the street. I made my reservation via the website. I believe it was 17€ per night and it included the evening meal and breakfast. That was in May of 2015. The opening date is March 15 (for 2016) according to the site (aubergedupelerin.com). I am doing the Camino again this year at about the same time and plan to stay there again for two nights.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thank you, this is good to know and I'll check out that website.
I checked the couple of albergues they have listed on booking.com, and random rates for April. Kinda expensive. More than I would pay for an albergue. I'd definitely hunt around for other options.

Availability depends on the time of the year. I've done the Camino twice. First time in April 2011 (because I'd been told that you couldn't book a bed in an alburgue along the Camino) I booked a (not too) expensive hotel the first night and stayed in the Parish alburgue the 2nd night. For my 2nd Camino, September 2015, I booked Beilari, opposite the Pilgrim's Office as I'd heard it was good. I booked two nights and can recommend it. However, I also had some friends doing it with a tour company at the same time. Weeks out, there was difficulty booking a hotel ....SJPdP hotels were 'booked out'. Likewise another friend did it September 2016. I'd advised her of Beilari and she said months out that SJPdP was booked out. Others here on this thread may know more about how busy it was then, and maybe each time during summer months. I note that you are planning on staying in Orisson also. Remember to book after they reopen from the Winter close.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back