• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Two weeks

Mic

I am looking to do the pilgrimmage for two weeks next April, along the way of St James. Could people give me ideas of where a good starting point would be for this?
Many thanks

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hola Mic,

Figure how far you want to/can walk each day and work backwards.

Or, you might want to consider Ponerrada, it's 200 K out and will give you the joy of climbing up and down a 930m hill as well as climbing O'Cebreiro. While the Camino is something you'll never forget I think it really starts when you decide you want to go. Ponferrada will add texture to your journey and is some of the most outstanding scenery there is.

Other routes a also something to consider, but I don’t have any experience with them.

There is bus service from Santiago to Ponferrada.

Buen Camino,
Jerry

I'd suggest starting from St Jean Pied de Port or Roncesvalles and walking to Burgos. That's about 12 days of walking through what I would personally consider to be some of the nicest scenery I've ever seen.

Should you wish to return to the Camino, that'd give you a good place to pick up from.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You could see 2 countries in 2 weeks if you start from Porto, it could be done easily in 2 weeks, taking a day or two to explore the amazing city of Porto before the start, then 9-10 days to walk to Santiago, and then a couple of days after the Camino to stay in Santiago or head to Fisterra/Muxia. Portuguese Camino is easy for your feet, infrastructure is great, warm weather in April, very popular but not so busy as other routes.

The curse of the dead thread strikes again. This question was asked nearly 11 years ago!

Is there a way to limit the recommended threads to something like two years old?

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back