• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Two wonderful albergue recommendations — Ledigos and Hospital de Orbigo

• Thread starter Deleted member 39850
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 39850

For the most part we are managing to be a town beyond the usual stops.

I cannot recommend strongly enough the Albergue La Merena in Ledigos. It has a simply wonderful Pilgrim meal menu! My supper began with what I would call a crustless quiche of leeks and goat cheese, served with a quince jelly. My main was a generous salmon steak done on the grill and served with a beure blanc sauce. Dessert was a show-stopper: chilled mango mango mousse. That dinner was 11 euros.
Completely worth the walk from Carrion de los Condes (and farther!).
The albergue also offers a kitchen, lovely garden and a sitting room. All very well plumbed, and with nice bunks. I think they might have rooms as well.

And in Hospital de Orbigo last night our host, Arturo the relatively recent arrival/owner of the San Miguel provides one with charming conversation, paint supplies for doing your own art, and very comfortable beds (and there are some small rooms as well). Ask him to tell you his Camino miracle of arriving to his current situation. You may be moved to tears. He provides a very pleasant breakfast of whole grain toasts and fresh coffee, juice, jams and so forth... and the warmest conversation I have ever enjoyed from a Hospitalero. I think he is fluent in Italian as well as Spanish and English.

Last edited by a moderator:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
For the most part we are managing to be a town beyond the usual stops.

I cannot recommend strongly enough the Albergue La Merena in Ledigos. It has a simply wonderful Pilgrim meal menu! My supper began with what I would call a crustless quiche of leeks and goat cheese, served with a quince jelly. My main was a generous salmon steak done on the grill and served with a beure blanc sauce. Dessert was a show-stopper: chilled mango mango mousse. That dinner was 11 euros.
Completely worth the walk from Carrion de los Condes (and farther!).
The albergue also offers a kitchen, lovely garden and a sitting room. All very well plumbed, and with nice bunks. I think they might have rooms as well.

And in Hospital de Orbigo last night our host, Arturo the relatively recent arrival/owner of the San Miguel provides one with charming conversation, paint supplies for doing your own art, and very comfortable beds (and there are some small rooms as well). Ask him to tell you his Camino miracle of arriving to his current situation. You may be moved to tears. He provides a very pleasant breakfast of whole grain toasts and fresh coffee, juice, jams and so forth... and the warmest conversation I have ever enjoyed from a Hospitalero. I think he is fluent in Italian as well as Spanish and English.
Thanks so much from the very deep of our hearts Morgan! Buen Camino!

Agreed! San Miguel was a favorite stop of mine! I loved the cozy upstairs, the art, and the kitchen was well equipped for a communal meal.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Forgive me Morgan but in what village is your second recommendation? It may be the lovely and inclusive wine I enjoyed at my delicious vegetarian meal in Logroño- (whilst not a vegan... the bocadillos and jamon, queso y huevos were becoming a bit toooo mainstream... ) anywho, I derail myself... possibly due to said vino, I cannot locate your 2nd reco on my map. Thank you and Buen Camino!!

Forgive me Morgan but in what village is your second recommendation? It may be the lovely and inclusive wine I enjoyed at my delicious vegetarian meal in Logroño- (whilst not a vegan... the bocadillos and jamon, queso y huevos were becoming a bit toooo mainstream... ) anywho, I derail myself... possibly due to said vino, I cannot locate your 2nd reco on my map. Thank you and Buen Camino!!
Morgan's second recommendation is in the village that is mentioned both in the title of the thread and in the third paragraph of the post: Hospital de Orbigo.
That's a small town roughly one stage before Astorga.

Last edited:
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Like I said... the Vino, delicious food mixed with fatigue and voila... i miss things. Thanks for the patience and suggestions.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back