• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Type of shoes

dduroy

Time of past OR future Camino
April "2013" and April 2016
The last thing I have yet to purchase is a pair of shoes to ride the Camino. I am mountain biking the walkers trail as much as possible so:
Do I need waterproof?
Should I choose shoes that I can walk in also?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have cycled il Primitivo twice and VDLP once and used mountain bike cycling shoes. I had no problems and never slipped. It all depends if you are comfortable wearing clip in shoes. If you are then you will not have a problem

I don't know if you have already completed your camino or not. If not, however, and you still need to buy shoes, I would definitely recommend Shimano. I bought a pair for cycling - they also have cleets although I did not use these. I not only rode, but did a lot of walking (mostly uphill on the road and on the trail) in these shoes and never had to worry about sore, aching feet.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'd use platforms and touring shoes if I were you. It was hard for me to walk on cobbles and inside the church with my cleats on.

Most read last week in this forum

Cycling the Del Norte I am attempting a 780km Camino combo starting in Leon on 25 April and a friend from the Netherlands wants to join me and cycle the Del Norte from Aviles to Santiago. It...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back