• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Typhoon tarmi stops the Camino

Theandrea

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2015, March 2016, January 2017
Camino kodo - Japan. Day 2&3
We made it to the entrance! And walked the first two ertappes . Only 13 km but it is in the mountains so we had to do several 100 meters up and down. Absolutely magical and instead of coffee shops and churches there are small temples with self stamping station. The way is in forest and very hilly. Lots of story boards with Japanese Camino legends onnit. It rained all day and after 6 hours we were wet to the bones. Police picked us up on a main road to bring us to accommodation. As rain got so bad. We the got evacuated the next day back to bigg city as the typhoon trami is getting closer. Camino got closed and no trains, busses and planes are going today. Now we are in safety shelter waiting for the typhoon to go over us. Let's hope it does not destroy the way. I really want to see the rest of this wonderful way.

Attachments

• IMG_6975.JPG
    IMG_6975.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6989.JPG
    IMG_6989.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your taste of the Kumano Kodo. Sorry that the typhoon has cut it short but it is good to hear that you are somewhere safe. I am a member of Facebook groups for both the Kumano Kodo and Shikoku pilgrimages and have been following news and forecasts of the typhoon. Japan is a beautiful country but prone to severe weather events. As you probably discovered when the police assisted you the Japanese people are generally very well organized and helpful to those caught up in difficult situations. I hope you are able to return to the Kumano Kodo soon and enjoy more of it. Here is a photo of a sign in a Lawson shop window which I loved because it summed up a lot of the generous spirit of the people I met.

lawson.jpg

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We made it to the entrance! And walked the first two ertappes . Only 13 km but it is in the mountains so we had to do several 100 meters up and down. Absolutely magical and instead of coffee shops and churches there are small temples with self stamping station. The way is in forest and very hilly. Lots of story boards with Japanese Camino legends onnit. It rained all day and after 6 hours we were wet to the bones. Police picked us up on a main road to bring us to accommodation. As rain got so bad. We the got evacuated the next day back to bigg city as the typhoon trami is getting closer. Camino got closed and no trains, busses and planes are going today. Now we are in safety shelter waiting for the typhoon to go over us. Let's hope it does not destroy the way. I really want to see the rest of this wonderful way.
Typhoon? Reminded me of the rain while hiking towards Roscenvalles. The rain were sideways and wind was blowing. It was cold and it was hard to see. My friend from Denmark and I were on the side of the mountain. It was tough but slowly made it through. Some areas were just muddy! Glad you guys are safe! BUEN CAMINO!

Last edited:

Good luck.....going to walk it in April.

I'd like to walk the Kumano Kodo next year. If anyone has the the Facebook group name, would appreciate. I found one but wasn't sure it was the ONE. Thankyou

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
As this is all part of the Camino I wish you safety, warmth and enjoyment.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

For those who will walk something different , https://www.jejuolle.org/trail_en#/...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back