Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Uber to O Cádavo?

kjgeraci

Time of past OR future Camino
first
Because I can only do a few days of the Camino, I have to figure out how to get from Santiago Airport to O Cádavo? Uber, Ride Share, Bus, Train?

Thanks!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Kjjgeraci: I feel like I’m watching over this camino. I don’t know about Uber, but from Santiago airport, you can get a bus directly to Lugo, and from Lugo connect to a bus that goes to O Cadavo (which stops first at Castroverde, if you simply want to hop off there). You can find schedule details at rome2rio.com. If you can make it to Lugo, at least, it shouldn’t be an expensive cab ride to O Cadavo (and even less to Castroverde). Another option is blabla car, which is a ride-sharing service. Kind of like organized hitch—hiking.

Hi,
I also recommend the bus.

From Santiago Airport to Lugo it is empresa freire who offer a regular service every 2 hours,
from Lugo to O Cadavo it is autocares her-vei who run 4 to 5 buses a day. If you go to Castroverde (8 km closer to Lugo than O Cadavo) there are even more frequent buses buses to castroverde. Taxi is at about 1 € per km.

BC
Alexandra

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks AndyCohn & Via2010. This is my first time over, so there are so many unknowns for me. This forum is a great help!

Do they have UBER or LYFT over there? I am not opposed to ridesharing or just outright paying $100 +/- to get there directly. I would just like to get off the plane, get my store my excess baggage and go.

Last edited:
They may have Lyft or Uber there, but I haven’t heard of anyone using them on the Camino, and googling around doesn’t yield much. All I’ve heard of are people taking taxis, which are everywhere. However, I couldn’t find any taxi companies that will take you all the way from the Santiago airport to Castroverde or O Cadavo, but Rome2rio lists several companies that will take you from the airport to Lugo for $130 or more. I also found another, suntransfer.com, which you can book on-line and charges 146 euros (approx. $170) to go to Lugo Maybe if you e-mail these companies directly, you can get a quote for all the way to Castroverde or O Cadavo.
Frankly, it mght be less stressful (and certainly a lot cheaper) just to hop on the airport bus to Lugo, and then pick up a taxi there for the short remaining journey, if you don’t want to stress the connection to another bus. There will be plenty of taxis at the Lugo bus station. Rome2rio shows a second bus company, beyond Empresa, which also goes from the airport to Lugo, so there should be no shortage of buses.
People at the airport will be very helpful if / when you have questions. They’re very used to befuddled pilgrims.
Breathe deep! This will work out.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...
I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back