• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD UK to Portugal- Pre flight PCR?

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

GailGwyn

Time of past OR future Camino
part Camino Frances (2013), Part Camino Norte (2014)Camino Frances (2019)Camino Portuguese (2020)
Hi everyone, please could someone tell me if I need a PCR test prior to boarding a UK flight to Portugal?

I can't seem to find any definitive information.

Thanks

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Passengers from the United Kingdom are waived from the 14-days prophylactic isolation whenever holding a vaccination certificate carried out in that country attesting the complete vaccine schedule of the holder for, at least, 14 days with a COVID-19 vaccine with marketing authorisation under Regulation (EC) n.º 726/2004.

Depends if you are vaccinated or not

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes, sorry, should have said - fully vaccinated.
We are just at the airport and yes you do need a negative covid test certificate - we did ours with randox - a home test you need the green travel pack although portugal is amber but if you are vaccinated you just need to do the 2 day test on teturn these are antigen tests but are acceptable on the government site ..did it sunday results yesterday flying today - was accepted at bag drop and ticked off - £92 for the green travel pack - hope that helps

We are just at the airport and yes you do need a negative covid test certificate - we did ours with randox - a home test you need the green travel pack although portugal is amber but if you are vaccinated you just need to do the 2 day test on teturn these are antigen tests but are acceptable on the government site ..did it sunday results yesterday flying today - was accepted at bag drop and ticked off - £92 for the green travel pack - hope that helps
Thank you. That's really helpful. I'll look at Randox. The test I have when I return home has to be done through a site approved by the Welsh Government (as I live in Wales)!

Bom Caminho!

From the UK's FCO site on entry requirements

If you have an EU digital COVID vaccination certificate, you do not need to have a COVID-19 test prior to travel. Be prepared to show a digital or paper copy of your certificate when you check-in for your flight and on arrival.

You can convert your UK NHS certificate to an EU digital COVID vaccination certificate, something that has become available recently. So the pre-flight PCR may not be needed so you might want to make further enquiries.

Confusing, isn't it.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
From the UK's FCO site on entry requirements

You can convert your UK NHS certificate to an EU digital COVID vaccination certificate, something that has become available recently. So the pre-flight PCR may not be needed so you might want to make further enquiries.

Confusing, isn't it.
Yes, it is certainly confusing. I read the same information and that's why I thought I'd better ask on the forum if anyone else could make sense of it all 😂

if you’re from the UK, as far as I know (I was there two weeks ago), everything’s fine. As long as you have a proof of vaccination, no probs.
I am reluctant to offer any advice as everything seems to change from day to day!
But that was my experience , no need for tests 🙂
The airline will ask you before boarding to show proof of vaccination.
Now when you fly to Spain, you need to fill-in their ‘health form’. I don’t inow about Portugal as I got there by bus..

Last edited:
I am reluctant to offer any advice as everything seems to change from day to day!

The UK can change every 3 weeks. The next review/change is August 26th so the current published advice is only valid until then.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The UK can change every 3 weeks. The next review/change is August 26th so the current published advice is only valid until then.
I'll keep everything crossed then as I've just booked our flights!

Does anyone have any experience of getting PCR tests in Santiago which I will need to fly back to the UK. Are they easy to get and any cost info would be helpful

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Does anyone have any experience of getting PCR tests in Santiago which I will need to fly back to the UK. Are they easy to get and any cost info would be helpful
Check it personally, but the PCR to return to the UK from Spain is currently a ‘recommendation’ not a legal requirement. Providing a lateral flow test meets the specificity criteria it’s still accepted.

This is the ‘Daily Express’ (sorry!) but it covers the salient points

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back