• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ukrainian Worker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawrence Ross

Stop and Rest
Time of past OR future Camino
I've walked small sections in Portugal and Galicia. I now live on the Caminho at Vila Nova de Cerveira and hope to provide refreshments,wifi and accommodation to peregrinos.
Hello, I operate a albergue on the border of Portugal and Spain in a town called Caminha and I would like to hear from Ukrainian people who have previously walked the camino and would like to work at my hostel in exchange for free board/meals during this season until the end of June.
English language is a requirement and preferably Spanish or Portuguese.
The work involves 5 mornings a week from 8am - 12am making beds/laundry/cleaning and one or two hours late afternoon or early evening depending on the number of pilgrims residing.
The facility can accommodate a total 22 persons when fully occupied.

Regards Lawrence Ross

Last edited by a moderator:
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
One in four people under 25 in Portugal are unemployed. If you operate a for-profit business, your workers deserve to be paid a proper wage, whether or not you offer them a place to stay or food. Asking for refugees to "volunteer" to work for you, even if you give them a bed and meals, it is exploitative of the workers and will inevitably create problems with the unemployed locals around you. War refugees, even ones who are former pilgrims in need of housing, are not "volunteers." They are people in need of stable work and a dignified wage.
Volunteers -- people who work for the good of all, not an individual or business -- built the Camino. Volunteers keep it going, and keep its spirit of disinterested generosity alive.
Unless you are running a non-profit albergue, exploiting that goodwill for a free labor force is not just bad karma, it's also illegal.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.