• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ultra-Sil Sink?

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Time of past OR future Camino
yes...
Does anyone have a Sea-to-Summit ultra-sil sink?

https://www.rei.com/product/847590/sea-to-summit-ultra-sil-kitchen-sink-10-liter

I'm tempted to get one as it's so light because I really like the idea of being able to soak my feet... I know that some albergues will have bowls but I always felt it was a bit wrong to soak my feet in a bowl that folks will wash their clothes in.

I like the idea.. so just wondering if anyone else did the same?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I thought the same and got one, but I found that the rim would often buckle so it didn't hold as much water as I wanted. Check the reviews on Amazon - it seems more people have the same problem. The rim can be straightened out with soaking in moderately hot water (check with manufacturer) but I decided to just return it. It is small and light and practical if it works though!

I thought the same and got one, but I found that the rim would often buckle so it didn't hold as much water as I wanted. Check the reviews on Amazon - it seems more people have the same problem. The rim can be straightened out with soaking in moderately hot water (check with manufacturer) but I decided to just return it. It is small and light and practical if it works though!

oh.... that's good and bad then :D I will indeed take a look at the reviews... thanks

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Does anyone have a Sea-to-Summit ultra-sil sink?

https://www.rei.com/product/847590/sea-to-summit-ultra-sil-kitchen-sink-10-liter

I'm tempted to get one as it's so light because I really like the idea of being able to soak my feet... I know that some albergues will have bowls but I always felt it was a bit wrong to soak my feet in a bowl that folks will wash their clothes in.

I like the idea.. so just wondering if anyone else did the same?
I took one of these - I thought it sounded like the perfect thing for soaking hot and tired feet in lovely cold water (and was light as a feather and packs up into a tiny little pouch). After my first day's walking I got it out, set it on the floor, carefully started filling it with water using a cup, and... the side buckled and before I knew it that lovely cold water was on the floor. I have to confess that having mopped up, the kitchen sink went in the bin. I thought it seemed like a fairly fundamental design flaw and couldn't be bothered trying to work out alternative strategies! (Probably influenced by being somewhat tired and sore at the time!) Didn't think of soaking in hot water though - that might be worth some experimentation.

I bought one for doing the washing. Didn't take it, didn't need it.
Bit small I think for soaking the feet.
Most albergues had plastic basins that would suffice.
Regards
Gerard

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
@Anniesantiago and @gerardcarey ... you know the silly thing is that during my last 2 caminos I never saw bowls for feet? Which is why I thought it would be a great idea... clearly I was not looking in the right places :rolleyes:

Thanks for the other reviews about the collapsing ring... it seems like a common problem. There is a video apparently that shows how to prevent it happening but a lot of the reviewers on Amazon seem to say it never worked for them... that's a shame as I liked the idea my own little foot bath :D Just as well I asked you all! :D

There is another version of the Kitchen sink which weighs a bit more but is a lot more sturdy and hard wearing. I have never seen foot soaking bowls anywhere either so we must have been going to the same places ... If this is something you think will make your walk more comfortable, have a look at the full fat Kitchen sink. Mine weighs 175g in its pouch.

There is another version of the Kitchen sink which weighs a bit more but is a lot more sturdy and hard wearing. I have never seen foot soaking bowls anywhere either so we must have been going to the same places ... If this is something you think will make your walk more comfortable, have a look at the full fat Kitchen sink. Mine weighs 175g in its pouch.

weeeellll... I like the idea of soaking if it was only an extra 50gms but 175gms... I think I might pass (nice idea though!) :D

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I got one about six months ago. It works for me.

I fill it at a laundry tub/kitchen sink/whatever to a weight I am comfortable with. Then place in front of a seat. Letting go of the handles the rim floats above the water level.

Sitting down I hold a handle in each hand (as a precaution) and put my feet in, one at a time.

I let go of the handles and relax. No spillages to date. Used it twice this month in gite on the Via Podiensis. I found the hard way to put a plate or thick towel underneath when the floor are tiles, as they drain the heat out of the water in no time flat.

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
Starting our Camino on May 6. Super excited! These forums have been awesome! Doing Coastal Portuguese from Porto with my daughter and her girlfriend. Definitely packing good lightweight rain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.