• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Ultralight (Cuben Fibre) travel accessories

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
A "Tourigrino" trip once Covid has passed, so 2023
For those of you in the UK (sorry the rest of you - you'd have to pay customs and postage which might make things too costly) who are concerned with ultra light equipment you might like to look at this company.

Apparently started up by a 15 year old did a solo winter hike from Land's End to John O'Groats. After making his own light weight kit for the trip he now makes it to sell.

For example a 9.2g packing cell 5cm tall (2inch) 7.5cm wide (3 inch) 15cm long (6 inch)

s-l1600.jpg

See Packing cell on eBay

I have no connection to or commercial interest with the company, just thought it might be of interest.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have heard good things about said company.

Another one I'll happily recommend (for you lucky folks in the UK...) is https://www.treadlitegear.co.uk/
They offer a variety of useful DCF/Cuben items of good quality at rather reasonable prices.

I personally use this and that on my packs shoulder straps. Very happy with both.

(also not affiliated with them :) )

For those of you in the UK (sorry the rest of you - you'd have to pay customs and postage which might make things too costly) who are concerned with ultra light equipment you might like to look at this company.

Apparently started up by a 15 year old did a solo winter hike from Land's End to John O'Groats. After making his own light weight kit for the trip he now makes it to sell.

For example a 9.2g packing cell 5cm tall (2inch) 7.5cm wide (3 inch) 15cm long (6 inch)

s-l1600.jpg

See Packing cell on eBay

I have no connection to or commercial interest with the company, just thought it might be of interest.
I took a look...some very nice stuff. He makes chest packs which have been asked about in the forum. I think they are very helpful for people taking camera kit. I like his dyneema pack liners. Santa might get a note from me 😅

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Co-incidentally the two shoulder strap pouches I ordered from Treadlite arrived this morning. Look very well made and will be using them next Mar on the CF!

I have heard good things about said company.

Another one I'll happily recommend (for you lucky folks in the UK...) is https://www.treadlitegear.co.uk/
They offer a variety of useful DCF/Cuben items of good quality at rather reasonable prices.

I personally use this and that on my packs shoulder straps. Very happy with both.

(also not affiliated with them :) )
For The Netherlands and Europe: www.caminocomfort.com. Very good and friendly service.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
For those of you in the UK (sorry the rest of you - you'd have to pay customs and postage which might make things too costly)

You can rest easy for those of us in America, Jeff :) We have easy access to tons of Cuben Fiber/Dyneema gear and accessories. I am thrilled that you have some good, domestically produced cottage-industry product options aside from the large manufacturers. It has been around the UK and the EU for quite a spell, but I love hearing of small entrepreneurs making good products.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You can rest easy for those of us in America, Jeff :) We have easy access to tons of Cuben Fiber/Dyneema gear and accessories. I am thrilled that you have some good, domestically produced cottage-industry product options aside from the large manufacturers. It has been around the UK and the EU for quite a spell, but I love hearing of small entrepreneurs making good products.
yes, it is wonderful to see / hear ... the backstories are particularly heartwarming, esp. Wild Sky Gear ...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Back