A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Ultreia Mancunia II

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Ingles (2012) Camino Del Norte (2013) Camino Primitivo (2013) Via Podensis (2013)
Pilgrims,

After the very successful first event for Ultreia Mancunia in January, enough support has been given for a second event. This time it will be a hike/trek in the Peak District for a day on a weekend. We could even camp out if anyone would like to. The target date will be Saturday 22nd March 2014. This gives us plenty of time to re-arrange if needed.

For 1st time pilgrims this is another excellent opportunity to get out and meet other pilgrims, ask questions and get a feel for the Camino as we will be walking. Hopefully there will be a pub on our selected route (still planning) and at the end to hydrate and have a good mingle within our group.

As before anyone is very welcome to come along. If any of your friends are interested in the Camino please encourage them to come.

Please keep your eyes peeled for more information on here. I will also post details on the facebook group www.facebook.com/ultreiamancunia and send an email to all on the list.

Ultreia!!

Eddie

nedspencer

They gave me this T-shirt to stop me singing!
Camino(s) past & future
May 2013 - Camino Frances.
Sep 2015 - Del Norte from Santander
Sep 2017 - Ingles from Ferrol
Eddie - won't be able to make your walk on March 22nd. I will be running the Wilmslow Half Marathon on the 23rd so plan to have my feet up on the 22nd!!
I hope you get a good turn out - send me some photos!
My next "long" walk is the Coast to Coast at the end of June - I leave St Bees on Monday June 23rd.
I have a 14 day schedule taking me to Robin Hoods Bay on Sunday July 6th
If anyone is interested in walking some of the route I can provide details of stops
There are a few hills along the way - and a few good pubs!
ALSO
Just interested - are all Ultreia Mancunia followers, members of the CSJ?
If not - would anyone want further details?
Cheers
Ned

johns

Camino(s) past & future
CF "2010" Ingles and Finisterre "2011" CP - L-P-S "2012" F /M "2013" c norte may 2014 CP 2015
Eddie - won't be able to make your walk on March 22nd. I will be running the Wilmslow Half Marathon on the 23rd so plan to have my feet up on the 22nd!!
I hope you get a good turn out - send me some photos!
My next "long" walk is the Coast to Coast at the end of June - I leave St Bees on Monday June 23rd.
I have a 14 day schedule taking me to Robin Hoods Bay on Sunday July 6th
If anyone is interested in walking some of the route I can provide details of stops
There are a few hills along the way - and a few good pubs!
ALSO
Just interested - are all Ultreia Mancunia followers, members of the CSJ?
If not - would anyone want further details?
Cheers
Ned
hi ned some time would like a bit more imfor on my to do list been a member csj for a few years but might have to donate to the forum next time fees due .

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Ingles (2012) Camino Del Norte (2013) Camino Primitivo (2013) Via Podensis (2013)
Alrighty then,

The plans have been planned and are available to check out on the PDF below.

The gist:

• Sat 22nd March, hiking up Kinder Scout in Edale.
  • Meet @ 10.15-10.30 before train sets off at 10.45 from Piccadily.
  • 7 miles/4-5 hours.
  • Awesome day out!!
Any problems let me know. Event also on https://www.facebook.com/ultreiamancunia

Ultreia,

Eddie

Attachments

Camino(s) past & future
2 weeks to go pilgrims.

I'm really looking forward to this!!:D

johns

Camino(s) past & future
CF "2010" Ingles and Finisterre "2011" CP - L-P-S "2012" F /M "2013" c norte may 2014 CP 2015
2 weeks to go pilgrims.

I'm really looking forward to this!!:D

hi stedds sorry not able to make it this time in spain playing golf have a great day

Camino(s) past & future
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Hi Eddie, I plan to join you on the 22nd, although I may meet you in Edale as it's easier than heading over from Sheffield to Manchester to then come back homeward again on the train.

Camino(s) past & future
Hi Eddie, I plan to join you on the 22nd, although I may meet you in Edale as it's easier than heading over from Sheffield to Manchester to then come back homeward again on the train.
That's super James. See you in Edale!!

Camino(s) past & future
What an afternoon!! It was great to catch up with everyone yesterday. The inclement weather did not deter us one bit over Kinder Scout.

Keep your eyes peeled for another one later in spring :)

Ultreia!!

Camino(s) past & future
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Eddie, many thanks for organising the trip onto Kinder. I thoroughly enjoyed it... the aprés walk, that is!!! Seriously, it was great to meet up with the 'NW/Manchester Chapter' for a second time. For those who didn't make it, I can only guess you saw the weather forecast for yesterday and suddenly found something better (warmer) to do with your time.

george.g

Camino(s) past & future
French way 10, 11
Norte 12
Vdlp 13
Levante 14
Mozarabe/Malaga 15
Augusta 16
Mozarabe/Almeria 17
Hi Eddie, what a great day thanks for organising it, good company, great weather (everything from bright sun to raging blizzard) capped by a glorious rainbow that seemed close enogh to touch. I'll be on the camino sureste/levant during april and may but please keep me posted on outings after that.
Regards
George

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%