• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Unable to get Finisterre certificate

Kasee

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances: '22, '23, '24
Portugues: 23
Invierno: 24
Yesterday was a national holiday in Spain, so the municipal albergue in Finisterre was closed. They opened after we needed to leave town to get to Muxia, so we were unable to get our Finisterre certificate. Someone suggested that I email them a copy of our passports snd our credentials and they will send them to us. Anyone know if that’s true? This is the only email that I could find—is it correct? alberguefisterra@hotmail.com

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes, it’s true. I applied by email last year and received the certificate in the post. But the email address I used was turismofisterra [at] hotmail.com.

Good luck!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
When I walked in 2017 it was closed and this notice was posted on the door. It might be old info but I received the certificate quickly using the address on the notice.

PBPC9112.jpeg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Are you sure that they give the Compostela at the muni? A few years ago they opened an office that issues Compostelas and that is where I got my last one last November.

Are you sure that they give the Compostela at the muni? A few years ago they opened an office that issues Compostelas and that is where I got my last one last November.
When I was there, there was a sign saying that the Fisterrana could be obtained in person at the tourist office. I assumed it was there because the albergue was closed, but maybe that’s where they do it now. Was the albergue open when you were there?

Yesterday was a national holiday in Spain, so the municipal albergue in Finisterre was closed. They opened after we needed to leave town to get to Muxia, so we were unable to get our Finisterre certificate. Someone suggested that I email them a copy of our passports snd our credentials and they will send them to us. Anyone know if that’s true? This is the only email that I could find—is it correct? alberguefisterra@hotmail.com
There’s a bit of confusion on where to the Fistera certificate. It’s now only only at the tourist office not the muni albergue. Or that was the case 2 weeks ago so I think the tourist office email is likely right.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Let's not confuse people - the Compostela is only issued at the Pilgrims Office in Santiago.
The certificate awarded in Fisterra is called a Fisterrana.

When I was there, there was a sign saying that the Fisterrana could be obtained in person at the tourist office. I assumed it was there because the albergue was closed, but maybe that’s where they do it now. Was the albergue open when you were there?

Let's not confuse people - the Compostela is only issued at the Pilgrims Office in Santiago.
The certificate awarded in Fisterra is called a Fisterrana.
in July 2022 we got it at the tourist office
and as properly noted in both posts above - it is a Fisterrana not Compostela

We were able to get our certificate from the private albergue we stayed in. Sorry I don't remember the name.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I got my fisterrana in the tourist office in fisterra, cause the xunta albergue was closed on a weekend in june this year. it's the same certificate.

So I emailed both addresses. The tourism office answered and that’s who handles the certificates now. Here’s the email address. turismofisterra@hotmail.com

They need a photo of your credential, your start date and place, the date you reached Fisterra, and your profession. And, of course, your mailing address.

There is a certificate you can get in Muxia as well (or, there was five years ago at least!). I spent ages trying to find where to get it but in the end my lodging (not even an albergue) could provide me with it.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yesterday, this notice was on the Finisterre Tourist Information office.
There was a second note that said the Finisterre certificate could also be obtained at the Municipal Albergue down the street - that in fact was true as we saw pilgrims obtaining them there.
Four years ago, I obtained the Muxia certificate from the Tourist Information office in Muxia. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20221013_164134.jpg
    20221013_164134.jpg
    899.7 KB · Views: 47
There is a certificate you can get in Muxia as well (or, there was five years ago at least!). I spent ages trying to find where to get it but in the end my lodging (not even an albergue) could provide me with it.
I got mine at the tourism office in Muxia yesterday.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Yesterday, this notice was on the Finisterre Tourist Information office.
There was a second note that said the Finisterre certificate could also be obtained at the Municipal Albergue down the street - that in fact was true as we saw pilgrims obtaining them there.
Four years ago, I obtained the Muxia certificate from the Tourist Information office in Muxia. Hope this helps.
I’ve been in contact with the Fisterra tourism office. The albergue was closed on the holiday, as well.

They were both closed for the holiday

The reception at the Finisterre Municipal Albergue was open two days ago on Oct 13th. Many pilgrims in line were getting their Finisterre certificate - it appeared that some were checking in plus getting their certificate - not all were staying there. We actually stood in line just to ask a question as we didn't qualify for the certificate (we just walked from Muxia to Finisterre). I felt sorry for the reception, as she was doing double duty and the line was long after we left.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back