• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Unusual Pilgrim Passport Question

Flatlander

Time of past OR future Camino
I'm posting this in the CF forum because it's the busiest, even though my question is not specific to the CF.

I'm looking to get my hands on a Pilgrim Passport, or similar type document, but with many more "pages" than normal.

This is not for an official Camino, but rather an extended personal Camino that I'm planning on taking.

My Pilgrim's Passport from 2015 is one of my most prized documents and I love the fact that it records my trip from where I live through Holland, Belgium & France and into Spain. It even records my trip home. As you can imagine it is quite full! :)

I'm getting ready to head off on another, longer trip and would like to record it in much the same way.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Does the route you are planning have an equivalent to the Credencial anyway? Walking the Via Francigena from Canterbury to Rome I needed more space for sellos than the official Crendenziale had. I simply printed off an extra page printed both sides with a grid of squares for sellos and taped in on to the official one making a very long pull-out section.

Why don't you take two or three credentials, cut off the first two frontpages from two of them and stick the rest to the frist credential?

I will probably be very slow on my first Camino, so the space - because of more overnightstays than usually needed - won't be sufficent, so I already figured that for myself as a possible solution, if needed.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I make my own, using a moleskin concertina folded pocket journal I draw out my intended route as a road map, then get this stamped as I go along. On the back I make my short diary notes. Works well for me and I never have a problem with getting it stamped or using it to get a credencial.

Does the route you are planning have an equivalent to the Credencial anyway?

No, the route I'll be following will be mine alone :). Not religious, or recognised in any way, except by me.

Why don't you take two or three credentials, cut off the first two frontpages from two of them and stick the rest to the frist credential?

Now that is a good idea! :) I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of the simple solution! Thank you!

I make my own, using a moleskin concertina folded pocket journal I draw out my intended route as a road map, then get this stamped as I go along. On the back I make my short diary notes. Works well for me and I never have a problem with getting it stamped or using it to get a credencial.
Thanks for replying. Do you have a link to an example of what you're using?
I've looked at making my own, but the issue is with the durability of the material. Regular paper just will not last. More hard wearing paper won't take a stamp.

That's what I do, works very well -- ideally use traditional white glue.

Best to use a model that can be stamped on both sides, rather than one with a map or something printed on the back.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks for replying. Do you have a link to an example of what you're using?
I've looked at making my own, but the issue is with the durability of the material. Regular paper just will not last. More hard wearing paper won't take a stamp.

Search for Moleskin journeys, they have leather overs and the conserving fold one I use has a durable paper, better then any of the credencial I have seen, there's a picture of mine at the end of our Vdlp blog, but they should be petty easy enough to find.

I will probably be very slow on my first Camino, so the space - because of more overnightstays than usually needed - won't be sufficent, so I already figured that for myself as a possible solution, if needed.

Now that is a great idea!! So simple yet I did not think of that either. I love my stamps so I find my one/first credential fills up by the time i get to Logrono or so... I will try this next time. Appreciate the great idea!! Ed

Search for Moleskin journeys, they have leather overs and the conserving fold one I use has a durable paper, better then any of the credencial I have seen, there's a picture of mine at the end of our Vdlp blog, but they should be petty easy enough to find.
Thanks again for coming back to me.
I found the Moleskine site, and the case you are referring to, but it's the paper I'm after.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I'm posting this in the CF forum because it's the busiest, even though my question is not specific to the CF.

I'm looking to get my hands on a Pilgrim Passport, or similar type document, but with many more "pages" than normal.

This is not for an official Camino, but rather an extended personal Camino that I'm planning on taking.

My Pilgrim's Passport from 2015 is one of my most prized documents and I love the fact that it records my trip from where I live through Holland, Belgium & France and into Spain. It even records my trip home. As you can imagine it is quite full! :)

I'm getting ready to head off on another, longer trip and would like to record it in much the same way.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks!
Have a look at the Irish credencials. They are booklet format rather than the fanfold. You can get them from the Irish Society web page https://www.caminosociety.com/

Most read last week in this forum

Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back