• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Up to date accommodation information for the Mozárabe

george.g

Time of past OR future Camino
French way 10, 11
Norte 12
Vdlp 13
Levante 14
Mozarabe/Malaga 15
Augusta 16
Mozarabe/Almeria 17
After a rough couple of years I think I'm ready to tackle a Camino again, so I've booked a flight to Almeria on 22nd of September with the intention to walk the Mozarabe starting on the 23rd. I have walked this way before so know about contacting the Amigo's etc, the Mozarabe is such a fantastic Camino I have no problem repeating it.
So I seem to remember a couple of issues re accommodation.
Has anyone stayed in Moclin recently and knows what is avaliable?
Has anyone stayed with Peter in Alcaudete this season?
And if anyone is starting in Almaria on 23rd of September and would like some company, (I expect to take 9 days to Granada) then get in touch.
Regards
George. G

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi George

I walked this Camino a few months ago.

I didn't have problems with accommodation. I used the guide from the Amigos in Almeria.

Moclin has an "albergue". It was fine. Moclin is the only place I had problems with food. The shop was closed (I think they close at 1 or 2pm and that's it for the day). There's a Kiosko bar at the top of the village on the main road which did "basic" food. I was hungry and it was enough. They stopped serving about 3pm. They opened the next morning for a coffee, I think 8am. So basically, it's a good idea to bring food with you for this day.

Alcaudate I don't remember where I stayed, I presume one of the two places listed in the amigos' guide. I don't know who Peter is.

I didn't really enjoy this Camino. Very few other pilgrims, landscape not very nice, after Granada it's mostly hostels, so very little Camino feel, and expensive. Everyone has their own tastes but to be honest I don't understand why people rave about this Camino. I have zero desire to do it again.

Gerald

Hi Gerald.
Thanks for you reply, since my post I have found some information for "Albergue de Peregrinos de la Fundacion" in Moclin on the "Federacion Espanola Amigos de Camino" site stating "Cerrado Temporalmente." Still, in searching I mayhave found one or two options.
Peter Nicholson ran and may still run a small (parochial) albergue on Calle Carretas 5 in Alcaudette.
On a previous camino I dodged Moclin because of accommodation issues and navigated to Puerto Lope to a hotel I booked.
As to the Mozarabe, well just cannot agree about the landscape and a big plus is the cities you visit . But yes it is a Camino less travelled.
Regards
George.G

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Buen camino George. I’ve just been looking through photos from our Mozárabe from Málaga - 7 years ago already. Hope you have a wonderful walk, Maggie x

Buen camino George. I’ve just been looking through photos from our Mozárabe from Málaga - 7 years ago already. Hope you have a wonderful walk, Maggie x
Hi Maggie, nice to hear from you, I have fond memories of our walk, well my plans are a little fluid at the moment, only booked a flight out so far, and am still searching to find out if places are open or not by asking if anyone has walked recently for uptodate info. (not a lot of luck so far)
To that end has anyone travelled through Alcaracejos? (last house in the village up the N502). Albergue in Hinojosa del Dunque? ( round the corner from the police office.) Monterubio?(Near Hotel Vaticano) Campanario? (Oldtrain station)
Regards
George.g

Hi George, we walked this Camino from Almeria in April/May this year and we loved it, especially in Granada and Cordoba etc.!!

Also for your information, there is a new pilgrim albergue in Almeria just open in May, here's the reservation information:
The albergue has 10 beds, address is C/Doctor Carracido 24, 1-1 Almeria. You could reserve by phone Nely or WhatsApp at 34 619 860 198. It is donativo including breakfast! The albergue is just two minutes from the Camino, and is also very close to Centro (old town) and the bus terminal.

There are couple long stages that you need to bring more water, but we never had problems with foods or accommodation at destination.

And the Association will give you lots of help!! Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Peter Nicholson ran and may still run a small (parochial) albergue on Calle Carretas 5 in Alcaudette.
Hey George, just thought to look on my blog. I had a telephone number for Peter…
Peter can be contacted by whatsapp on 0034 644 842 540.

Just completed Mozarabe and enjiyed every step of it. Agreed it’s quiet and infrastructure not on a par with other caminis, but that was why I picked it so all good.

After a rough couple of years I think I'm ready to tackle a Camino again, so I've booked a flight to Almeria on 22nd of September with the intention to walk the Mozarabe starting on the 23rd. I have walked this way before so know about contacting the Amigo's etc, the Mozarabe is such a fantastic Camino I have no problem repeating it.
So I seem to remember a couple of issues re accommodation.
Has anyone stayed in Moclin recently and knows what is avaliable?
Has anyone stayed with Peter in Alcaudete this season?
And if anyone is starting in Almaria on 23rd of September and would like some company, (I expect to take 9 days to Granada) then get in touch.
Regards
George. G
Hello @george.g , my wife and I are starting from Almería on 22 September.
You'll probably - no, definitely - overtake us, as we're slow walkers (or distance challenged ;)). It will take us 15 days to Granada, including a rest day in Guadix.
¡Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi George

I walked this Camino a few months ago.

I didn't have problems with accommodation. I used the guide from the Amigos in Almeria.

Moclin has an "albergue". It was fine. Moclin is the only place I had problems with food. The shop was closed (I think they close at 1 or 2pm and that's it for the day). There's a Kiosko bar at the top of the village on the main road which did "basic" food. I was hungry and it was enough. They stopped serving about 3pm. They opened the next morning for a coffee, I think 8am. So basically, it's a good idea to bring food with you for this day.

Alcaudate I don't remember where I stayed, I presume one of the two places listed in the amigos' guide. I don't know who Peter is.

I didn't really enjoy this Camino. Very few other pilgrims, landscape not very nice, after Granada it's mostly hostels, so very little Camino feel, and expensive. Everyone has their own tastes but to be honest I don't understand why people rave about this Camino. I have zero desire to do it again.

Gerald
I am dithering about which Camino to walk in September/October. This was on my list so I appreciate your honesty about it. I will now remove it. Back to the drawing board. Incidentally, which Camino would you recommend - I have done the Frances, Aragones, Primitivo and Ingles.

I am dithering about which Camino to walk in September/October. This was on my list so I appreciate your honesty about it. I will now remove it. Back to the drawing board. Incidentally, which Camino would you recommend - I have done the Frances, Aragones, Primitivo and Ingles.
Hi Jennysa

I don't want to get into the business of telling people which Camino to walk. And you've certainly walked enough yourself to know what to expect. It really depends how much time you have and what experience you want, fewer pilgrims / more pilgrims, shorter distances / longer distances, more facilities / fewer facilities.

There are several major ones that you haven't done and that time of the year you could pick any one of them.

I know that doesn't really help but it really is a personal decision. And I wouldn't like you to be put off by what I said about the Mozarabe, lots of other people loved. It's just I prefer Caminos with manageable distances, more pilgrims and more albergues.

Gerald

Hi Jennysa.
The Camino Mozarabe is not an "easy" Camino, I know I've walked it before! but enjoyed it so much I want to walk it again.
My suggestion to you is look at the route on Google Earth to get an idea of the terrain, some of the time you will be in the river beds, the local farmers use the river bed to access market gardens so there is often a defined smoother path (but not always) Chances are that the river will be dry in late summer. I walked in April '19 and didn't have a problem with water.
On the Albododuy-Abla stage there is a stiff climb/scramble out of the rio up to the road that could put people off, but you could walk the road from Albododuy up to the point where you decend back to the river on an easy path.
On the plus side the support you get from the Almeria Amigo's is fantastic as are their albergues, details on their website.
After Granada however things change a bit, fewer albergues mean you have to use hostels/hotels from time to time, more research is needed, post covid some places may be closed, hence my post re up to date accommodation info.
Happily "Bad Pilgrim is now on the route, so his posts should be a big help.
Regards
George
PS, Thanks for the 'phone number Maggie.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi @jennysa -I am planning Via del la Plata for that time but keep getting drawn to Mozarabe. I am an older solo female pilgrim and for the first time finding thoughts arising about my capacity and safety. Mm ... interesting.
While I love to walk alone it is good to know who else might be on the same Camino around that time. I have a relatively open time frame for start and finish dates.

Hi @jennysa -I am planning Via del la Plata for that time but keep getting drawn to Mozarabe. I am an older solo female pilgrim and for the first time finding thoughts arising about my capacity and safety. Mm ... interesting.
While I love to walk alone it is good to know who else might be on the same Camino around that time. I have a relatively open time frame for start and finish dates.

If this is your first Camino (or long-distance, multi-day hike) I would advise that you go for one of the easier ones. I have explained my reasoning here.

Hi Rita.
Here's an idea, you could experiance both the Mozarabe and VdeLP, walk from Almeria to Granada, you will get lots of support from the Almeria amigos, currently there are open albergues at every the end of every stage except Alquife and Gaudix where there are hostels/casas.
The main worry of course being the changing Covid infection rates, by late September??
After Granada take a bus from Granada to Seville and start the VdeLP, Gerald has published a VERY useful guide plus an update on open/closed albergues/hostels.
This is an idea I am currently giving serious consideration, as it removes any accommodation worries.
Regards
George
PS, Bus from Granada-Seville 3hour trip, about 22e, catch the 0700 and have lunch at Triana market, overnight at Triana backpackers and off you go!

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
If this is your first Camino (or long-distance, multi-day hike) I would advise that you go for one of the easier ones. I have explained my reasoning here.
Third Camino. All good. Thanks for the advice and much appreciated. I just watched a little video about Mozarabe. Think I will leave that until I can walk with a fellow peregrine. Looks pretty challenging.

Hi Rita.
Here's an idea, you could experiance both the Mozarabe and VdeLP, walk from Almeria to Granada, you will get lots of support from the Almeria amigos, currently there are open albergues at every the end of every stage except Alquife and Gaudix where there are hostels/casas.
The main worry of course being the changing Covid infection rates, by late September??
After Granada take a bus from Granada to Seville and start the VdeLP, Gerald has published a VERY useful guide plus an update on open/closed albergues/hostels.
This is an idea I am currently giving serious consideration, as it removes any accommodation worries.
Regards
George
PS, Bus from Granada-Seville 3hour trip, about 22e, catch the 0700 and have lunch at Triana market, overnight at Triana backpackers and off you go!
Thanks @george.g.
I would love to see Granada and will have a deeper look at that section. Alternatively I can take the bus to Granada from Sevilla and explore the Alhambra. Then return to Sevilla to start my Camino.

Hi Rita.
Regards
George
Hi @george.g
I am now definitely going to Granada as I want to visit the Alhambra. The walk to Granada looks really tough. What about starting at Granada and then joining VdlP further up. At least I will fly/train in to Granada and take train/bus to Sevilla for my start. But what about starting at Granada. I am planning to start mid September so still have time to research and test my fitness levels. This will be my third Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I am now definitely going to Granada as I want to visit the Alhambra.
@Rita Flower , you'll love the Alhambra. We visited in 2019, and we spent a whole day there. Take your time for the visit: there's so much to see!
The walk to Granada looks really tough. What about starting at Granada and then joining VdlP further up.
We're walking from Almería to Mérida starting on 22 September. It might look tough, but you can break it down into manageable stages. Obviously it all depends on how much time you have.

My wife and I are slow walkers, distance challenged, and non purists (we don't always stay in albergues), I have a Plan A, and it will take us 15 days (including a rest day in Guadix) from Almería to Granada, with the longest day being just under 19 km. I have heard the Asociación Jacobea de Almería-Granada is extremely supportive of pilgrims, and they have many angels along the way.

After Granada, we'll have the help of a taxi driver or two for the long stages (did I mention we're not purists 😄?)

We're stopping in Mérida, because we'll be walking the VdlP, starting in Sevilla, in a future year.

ALSA run a direct bus route between Sevilla and Granada (and vice-versa), a 3 hour ride that currently costs between €5 and €15 depending on the date and time of your departure. So your plan of landing in Granada and taking a bus to Sevilla is also a good option.

¡Buen Camino!

Hi Rita.
You are right to think the Mozarabe is a serious camino and not to be underestimated, for a day to day account look at Maggies blog "Trepidatious Traveller" for a perspective (be aware Maggie can Walk, and would give a Sherpa a run for his money)
As to starting in Granada and joining the VdeLP further up, well you join the VdeLP in Merida anyway, consider this, Granada to Merida, there are at least 16 stages, 5 or more are 30kms or more and while there are some albergues, which are open/closed would need to be determined, nothing worse in my opinon than arriving, finding everything closed/full at the end of a long day. From Baena on Bad Pilgrim has just walked so his posts should be studied.
The Mozarabe albergue situation, plus the support of the Almeria Amigos is the main reson I would favor an Almeria start, spend time in Granada, bus to Seville and walk the VdeLP/Sanabrase/Muxia/Fisterre.
From Uk at least Almeria is well served by airlines, my flight was £34 (rucksack £35) no return flight booked yet.
Regards
George
PS If you read Maggies blog look at Mozarabe from Malaga, I'm "poor George"

Hi Rita.
You are right to think the Mozarabe is a serious camino and not to be underestimated, for a day to day account look at Maggies blog "Trepidatious Traveller" for a perspective (be aware Maggie can Walk, and would give a Sherpa a run for his money)
As to starting in Granada and joining the VdeLP further up, well you join the VdeLP in Merida anyway, consider this, Granada to Merida, there are at least 16 stages, 5 or more are 30kms or more and while there are some albergues, which are open/closed would need to be determined, nothing worse in my opinon than arriving, finding everything closed/full at the end of a long day. From Baena on Bad Pilgrim has just walked so his posts should be studied.
The Mozarabe albergue situation, plus the support of the Almeria Amigos is the main reson I would favor an Almeria start, spend time in Granada, bus to Seville and walk the VdeLP/Sanabrase/Muxia/Fisterre.
From Uk at least Almeria is well served by airlines, my flight was £34 (rucksack £35) no return flight booked yet.
Regards
George
PS If you read Maggies blog look at Mozarabe from Malaga, I'm "poor George"
Thanks so much ‘poor George’ for your detailed information. Will read Maggie’s blog.
Much to consider over the coming weeks.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I hiked from Almeria to Baena in mid-May this year, during a heat wave when the temperature pm often hit the upper thirties Celsius and the humidity level was not low.

A high point was the indomitable Nely of the Association. She teamed me up with an Italian, Andrea! Nely speaks no English but texted us the necessary codes for the Albergue key boxes.. there was no hospitaliero in any of them. Her donativo Albergue is brand-new but fairly cramped in two rooms of her apartment, with only one loo/shower room... She is kindness itself!

Alba was the most sensational Albergue. Wi-fi, food in the fridge and freezer, terrace, clean and comfortable.

For Moclin, I resorted to booking.com and had a ‘basement’ apartment with two comfortable single beds at Casa la Cabra (+34654237775) which was cool and perfect. Steve sold me eggs and tomatoes! It was about £30 for two.

We used accommodation from the Almeria Association guide otherwise. There is a good hotel in Alcaudete which has a special pilgrim rate.

I regretted not staying with the Dutch couple who have a board on the Camino - check out Magwood blog to get tel number and location details. It would have been good for interaction.

We only met, briefly, two Swiss hikers.

Please take a compass if alone. The Association Guide maps are difficult to read... and we did get lost a few times! My companion used a GPS. I relied on a compass. He wore trainers and got horrendous blisters due to the stoney riverbed; I wore boots and finished unscathed...

In Baena I once again used a booking.com two bedroom apartment fully equipped to wash our clothes properly etc. The air conditioning was a tremendous boon and flat-screen tv a new-found novelty!

If you like castles, olive and almond trees then this is a Camino for you. Alcala la Real, Córdoba and Granada are the treats.... Staying in a troglodyte room in Guadix was an experience but NOT a highlight.

Hi Filly,
Thanks for your input, I take it that the Amigo's guide from Granada to Baena is accurate, did you continue to Merida?
The riverbeds can be trying as can the climb out of the riverbed on the way to Abla (but can be avoided)
or the climb up to Moclin!
Ths choice between boots/trainers is difficult, I tend to wear Hokas that do me, although durability not the best.
Regards
George.
PS If the Dutch couple are the ones we met in Cerro Muriano, they had left when I went through in '19

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The board is about 30 mins from Ferreira on the way to La Calahorra. I am certain that this is where Magwood stayed a few years ago and writes warmly about in her blog on ‘trepidatious traveller’.

FYI I stopped hiking in Baena and took a bus. Will continue to Merida another year... off on Pennine Way in U.K. next week!

Hi @george.g
I am now definitely going to Granada as I want to visit the Alhambra. The walk to Granada looks really tough. What about starting at Granada and then joining VdlP further up. At least I will fly/train in to Granada and take train/bus to Sevilla for my start. But what about starting at Granada. I am planning to start mid September so still have time to research and test my fitness levels. This will be my third Camino.
We're planning to visit Granada and Cordoba after we finish the Portugues (from Lisbon). Depending on how we feel after the CP, we may even walk from Granada to Cordoba, but we'll probably take the bus.
From what I've found out so far about visits to the Alhambra, you need to book well ahead! Hopefully it will be less crowded by the time we get there (early Oct), but I plan to look/book online when we get to Santiago.

Hi Filly,
I assure you that the Dutch couple Maggie refers to had an albergue at Cerro Muriano, the stage after Córdoba, how do I know? I was her walking companion that year, we started in Malaga.
Re your photo, while useful information, I guess most people would walk Hueneja - Alquife and stay with Manuel at Casa Lacho
Best of luck on the Pennine Way.
Regards
George

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi all planning to walk the Mozarabe.
A couple of bits of info, Casa Lacho in Alquife can be booked via Airbnb, La Fudalucia in Quentar have a minimum of a 2 day stay on their website, but accepted a request to for one night when I e-mailed direct.
Regards
George

Plans made, decided to take my own advice for a change, I'm walking from Almaria on the 23rd Sept and have e-mailed the amigos. Accomodation booked at Alquife, Guadix, Quentar and Granada. Bus to Seville, ticket booked for 2nd Oct, cost 14e. Triana Backpackers booked for Sunday night, starting the VDLP on Monday 3rd Oct and via the Sanabrase, aiming to be in Santiago on 8th Nov for a flight on the 9th.
So thats the plan at the moment.
Next job is to come up with a packing list that does for heat/rain/cold. Going to look at historical weather patterns as a guide.
One question, I've only ever walked a camino in April/May never in Sept/Oct at what time is it light enough to see flechas without a headlight?
If anyone is walking on the same dates, and would like some company ?
Regards
George.G

, I'm walking from Almaria on the 23rd Sept
I know @AJGuillaume is travelling at the moment but he has posted elsewhere that he is starting from Almería on 22 Sept with his lovely wife Rachel. So you will no doubt pass them day 1 or 2 as they want to take it very slowly.
Hi George
Lucky man - that is., a really long walk ahead of you& switching back to Vdlp (x Sevilla) after Granada.
I know you’ve walked the Mozárabe before (with @Magwood ) & wondering about the trail after Granada ? That is - you’re not choosing to walk on to join Vdlp in Mérida ? Not enough time or didn’t you like that section ?
I must agree that the Vdlp from Sevilla is a wonderful route. If I do find the solitary walking is getting to me on Mozárabe, I know I can move ahead to the Vdlp.
I am pretty well decided now (I’ve been swinging and lurching in all directions ) about which route to walk myself. I won’t be starting until much later though around 27 or 28 oct with only around 28-29 available walking days.. so with the need (for me that is) to find a warmer region, whilst acknowledging that it will be cold mornings and nights especially as I head north west — I’ve thought that this might be the right time for me. I have just been emailed some information by @AJGuillaume including the link to the amigos, so that is my next step ; to contact them., before I make any bookings.
The timing - season / The possibility of flowing river beds in spring wasn’t appealing but ‘spring walking ‘ definitely is. I was in spain this past spring and enjoyed that but I have opportunity to see some of the south now. (Still more routes to walk than I’ll ever have a chance to do but this is starting to feel right ) - the colours of the fields and flowers in spring is my favourite but …. this time will have its charms and rewards.

I hope you will have an opportunity to post about your walk @george.g
I’ll be following you.

Buen camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Annie.
Thanks for your reply, there is nothing not to like about the Mozarabe from Granada to Merida, sure there are some long days, but hey, the camino is sometimes about overcoming long days.
I'm planing about 49 days Ameria-Granada-Seville-Santiago, the Granada-Merida option would be about 52 days, so time is not an issue, it comes down to what I've enjoyed most in the past, given I have NO problem repeating a camino, for me it's about the joy of walking. Plus I've never seen Spain in Autum.
I think the Mozarabe "river beds" have become the new "robbers near Guillena" remember all those posts a few years ago.
A quick look at Google Earth shows that most of the time there is a vehicle track that would be smoother to walk.
In '19 when I walked early April the water in the river beds wasn't an issue, in fact to make day 2 a little less of a slog, I continued up the river after Santa Fe up to the Emita Virgin del Rio on the left and climbed out to the road and followed it to Alhabla, saves a couple of ups and downs.
Day 3 starts with a river bed, but can be avoided by taking the A1075 up the hill, in any event you join this road after a fairly loose path up to it. I think this is probably the hardest stage.
After Abla you are more or less done with river beds, except for a short streach before Guadix.
Sorry to ramble on.
Regards
George.G

George - Aha....Spain in Autumn.... I can understand wanting to see Spain in all it's different colours. Me too.. I'd love to one day be in Santiago for Christmas.

I think the Mozarabe "river beds" have become the new "robbers near Guillena" remember all those posts a few years ago.
Yes...I do recall the warnings.. 🙂 out with the old and in with the new...
A quick look at Google Earth shows that most of the time there is a vehicle track that would be smoother to walk.
thanks for that reminder.... @peregrina2000 had mentioned to me that this was another possibility too.. I wonder why most people walk the river beds then? .must be busy traffic or little shoulder, on the vehicle track? the Youtube videos I've been watching lately make them seem de-motivating ... this might be something to ask about when I meet the amigos..
In '19 when I walked early April the water in the river beds wasn't an issue, in fact to make day 2 a little less of a slog, I continued up the river after Santa Fe up to the Emita Virgin del Rio on the left and climbed out to the road and followed it to Alhabla, saves a couple of ups and downs.
I'm working on stages for myself now.... as the amigos seem to have quite a few places covered...and reading through other posts there are a lot of positive comments about 5 * places.. So I'll be digging through. (so many posts though).
Day 3 starts with a river bed, but can be avoided by taking the A1075 up the hill, in any event you join this road after a fairly loose path up to it. I think this is probably the hardest stage.
After Abla you are more or less done with river beds, except for a short streach before Guadix.
Sorry to ramble on.
I'm taking note here.... and please, please...don't think you are rambling... great feedback.
thank you George
Buen Camino

Hi Annie.
Perhaps I didn't make it clear, the vehicle tracks are in the river beds, its the routes that the local smallholders use to tend their orange/olive whatever orchards. A quick close up look on google earth explains.
Re do-ability of the route, I know Maggie has walked it, perhape a quick PM?
Regards
George.G

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We're arriving in Almería on 19 September from Málaga. We're walking to Rioja on 22 September.
I know @AJGuillaume is travelling at the moment but he has posted elsewhere that he is starting from Almería on 22 Sept with his lovely wife Rachel. So you will no doubt pass them day 1 or 2 as they want to take it very slowly.
Indeed, we're walking slowly, and on day 2, we're walking to Santa Fe de Mondújar. It is a short stage. As @OzAnnie indicated, we're slow walkers. On day 3 we're walking to Santa Cruz de Marchena.

@george.g , you'll probably pass us in your first or second day. We'll be happy to meet you!

¡Buen Camino!

Edit: Thank you to @OzAnnie for pointing out my typo with the dates. My excuse is that we've just arrived in Europe from Australia, and I'm jetlagged ;)

Last edited:
Regarding the river beds - I posted this image to my blog to show what you will be faced with
2289582C-FF98-43D2-AFF4-234BD804CCC5.jpeg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Regarding the river beds - I posted this image to my blog to show what you will be faced with
View attachment 131667
And that's why it has been recommended to us that our first few stages should be short, so that my darling gets used to walking on those surfaces.
Thank you for the photo @Magwood .

How did I miss this? You must be walking now, AJ!!!! Buen camino, would love to hear how it goes.

EDIT — just searching back through other threads, I see that this is a typo. You meant September! :D
Yes, a typo!!! :)

Plans made, decided to take my own advice for a change, I'm walking from Almaria on the 23rd Sept and have e-mailed the amigos. Accomodation booked at Alquife, Guadix, Quentar and Granada. Bus to Seville, ticket booked for 2nd Oct, cost 14e. Triana Backpackers booked for Sunday night, starting the VDLP on Monday 3rd Oct and via the Sanabrase, aiming to be in Santiago on 8th Nov for a flight on the 9th.
So thats the plan at the moment.
Next job is to come up with a packing list that does for heat/rain/cold. Going to look at historical weather patterns as a guide.
One question, I've only ever walked a camino in April/May never in Sept/Oct at what time is it light enough to see flechas without a headlight?
Regards
George.G
MAke sure you contact Nely Pascual from the Camino association there before. That association is incredibly organized to support you. I’m in that Camino now and there stages you need to be well prepared for. Nely +34 619 860 198 Whatspp

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Ron.
Thanks for your reply, I've already contacted Nely, which stages caused you the most problems, any specific advice? Where are you up to?
Regards
George

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back