Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Update from Camino Debrita

CaminoDebrita

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances SJPP to SdC Oct/Nov 2015
Frances Burgos toSdC March/April 2016
W. Highland Way August 2016
Camino Somewhere September 2017
Buen Camino and Greetings to all friends, old and new! I dream of a 2021 Camino, and am looking forward to radiation treatments in late May, and then, some kind of normalcy---at least two months at a time! Great to check in and see all your "faces." Back to Basics is a good idea!

Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Past OR future Camino
Many, various, and continuing.
Buen Camino and Greetings to all friends, old and new! I dream of a 2021 Camino, and am looking forward to radiation treatments in late May, and then, some kind of normalcy---at least two months at a time! Great to check in and see all your "faces." Back to Basics is a good idea!
God keep you, Debrita.

CaminoDebrita

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
God keep you, Debrita.
Thank you so kindly, Rebekah! I am taking the best care of myself I can, and reflecting on the many wonderful moments in my life--including walking the Camino in Spain--boosts my spirits so tremendously. It is wonderful to come in and feel such love.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Hi @CaminoDebrita,
I was a lurker on the forum in 2015/16 and then joined in early 2017. I vividly recall your name and avatar and I really appreciated your posts. I don't recall them individually, but collectively as a "whole" you left a positive impression on me.
Nice to see you here and I wish you a positive outcome as you go through your treatments in preparation for your next Camino.

CaminoDebrita

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Hi @CaminoDebrita,
I was a lurker on the forum in 2015/16 and then joined in early 2017. I vividly recall your name and avatar and I really appreciated your posts. I don't recall them individually, but collectively as a "whole" you left a positive impression on me.
Nice to see you here and I wish you a positive outcome as you go through your treatments in preparation for your next Camino.
I remember you well, and you made a similar impression on me!

Sending love!

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

JillGat

la tierra encantada
Past OR future Camino
Thank you so kindly, Rebekah! I am taking the best care of myself I can, and reflecting on the many wonderful moments in my life--including walking the Camino in Spain--boosts my spirits so tremendously. It is wonderful to come in and feel such love.
Deb,
Would love to catch up with you. Can't access your page for a PM for some reason. Jill

CaminoDebrita

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Deb,
Would love to catch up with you. Can't access your page for a PM for some reason. Jill

Well, well, hey there! I have missed being here on the forum. It has been a busy time, this 2020/21 season. I got a lot of help from VNWalking some time ago, in my quest to figure out what in the "H" to make of a diagnosis.

In brief, I got a diagnosis of endometrial adenocarcinoma--uterine cancer--early this year. Two surgeries, radiation, and a truckload of doctors spun my head for several months, but I'm glad to say that despite all this ridiculous bedlam my body's decided to impose on me, I have managed to.....

1. Continue managing an Airbnb Beach House we bought in 2020, and it's a blissful piece of heaven on the Oregon Coast;
2. Keep my teaching license up to date, and could be subbing, but our local schools are still having some outbreaks of the Delta, so I'm waiting;
3. Picked up cleaning gigs with my Airbnb to finance my lovely life, and I'm very active once again;
4. Keep my body in decent shape, despite the total betrayal of my female reproductive organs!;
5. See beauty again. That was the hardest of all, as the pain and anxiety dealing with idiot and imbecilic male surgeon #1 was extremely hard on me, for reasons I won't go into, but let's just say there was a "no gloves" incident that made me so angry I completely changed clinic teams and doctors. Oh, yes. There is a story. Those of you who know me best know I don't get mad; I write books (insert a chuckle and a smile from me).

All friends - I think this is a safe thread to mention that I am delighted and happy to be on this side of the grass right now, pleased and excited about the many mysteries, adventures and beauty that life has to offer.

Buen Camino! Big hug to all of you, every one!

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Deb, I believe you have a new Avatar...such a lovely photo to go with your positive attitude on life. All the best to you and I hope to see your contributions again on the forum!

Paladina

old woman of the roads
Past OR future Camino
CF, primitivo & del norte (2017); VdlP/Sanabres, ingles etc (2018), Mozarabe etc (2019), tbc (2020)
I am delighted and happy to be on this side of the grass right now, pleased and excited about the many mysteries, adventures and beauty that life has to offer.

Good to know that you're doing well and looking forward to a future in which things may be even brighter and more beautiful. A virtual hug to you too!

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances (2015); Aragones-Frances (2016); VdlP-Sanabres (2017); Madrid-Frances-Invierno (2019)Levante
Dear Deb,
I just came on this thread. I am lounging in bed in a pilgrim albergue in the village of Gotarrendura on the Levante: on to Zamora in a week or so. I'm so glad that your recovery is progressing well and you are enjoying life. Blessings,
Albertagirl

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF&CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF&CP17, CdN18, CM18, CF18, LePuy19
Glad to see you back and healthy. It is amazing how many people disappear from the Forum: Sheffield James, Mark Lee, Canuck, Mendiwalker, Falcon, Kat...just to name a few.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Past OR future Camino
Many, various, and continuing.
Glad to see you back and healthy. It is amazing how many people disappear from the Forum: Sheffield James, Mark Lee, Canuck, Mendiwalker, Falcon, Kat...just to name a few.
Everything and everybody has a span of time and interest.
I heard from Sheffield James not long ago. He's still kickin'!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads