Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Update from Grandas de Salime

fortview

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino frances Sept/oct 2012 , Salvador, Primitivo 2013
Cotswold Way July 2014
European Peace Walk August 2014 (John)
Hola ! All going well on the Primitivo. Had all sorts of weather, lovely today. Has been mainly quiet and we have been walking alone most of the time. Albergues not full, no rush for beds . Made the choice ,which was no choice really since we both really wanted to , take the hospitales route . Oh my- how amazing it was! Stupendous views. All kinds of weather. Was the hardest day either of us has ever experienced but so so worth it. This camino is so tough! Got to Berducedo and thank goodness could eat at 7 then just collapsed into bed and passed out! We are loving the peace and solitude. The amazing views, the lovely people we have met , and the joy of setting off with food and water for the day and not worrying about where the next coffee stop is, because it isn't !! Buen camino all- John and Helen

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
How lovely! I walked all of the Camino Norte but left the Primitivo for another trip.

Buen Camino,
Bobbie

... and the joy of setting off with food and water for the day and not worrying about where the next coffee stop is, because it isn't !! Buen camino all- John and Helen

It sounds like you are having a great, if de-caffeinated, time! For the last two years, I've carried an electric coil and a cup and I can always get a good caffeine jolt before starting out. I have found that even some of the albergues don't always have a way to make coffee on these more remote caminos. Glad the weather is good for you. Laurie

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back