A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Buy any book, get free camino shell

Updated guide Almeria to Merida

Camino(s) past & future
GR11 Hondarribia - Cabo de Creus
3 X CF SJPP to Finisterre
Camino Mozarabe, VP and Sanabres
I have not been on the site for a long time and thought I'd add a piece of information which I've just come across. The attached link is to the Almeria Jacobea site and they have produced an updated copy of their guide (June 2017) going from Almeria to Merida via Granada. It is much improved on some previous versions and I just loaded it onto my phone for reference because it has some very useful telephone numbers and other information about pilgrim accommodations. I hope this is useful. Once on the site below, scroll down the page (a little over half way) and you will find the link to download the guide (1st Edition June 2017) which is 19.5mb and in PDF. The link on the top right of the of the page under "Guia Del Camino" takes you to an earlier version of May 2017.

Buen Camino

http://www.almeriajacobea.es/

bjorgts

Camino(s) past & future
Caminos in Spain, France, Portugal, Germany since 2003. 2018: Finish Levante + Zamora - Verin
Thank you for the information. I am a little confuced. Do ypu mean a Spanish og an English verson? The Spanish version now says "Julio 2017/ 1o ed". Is there an updated version in English too?

Camino(s) past & future
GR11 Hondarribia - Cabo de Creus
3 X CF SJPP to Finisterre
Camino Mozarabe, VP and Sanabres
Sorry for the confusion. The updated version is in Spanish at the moment. Having walked from Almeria to the Sanabres, the only real requirement is to have planning information like the accommodation, the phone numbers, the profiles and the route maps, all of which are readily understood from this Spanish edition. I used the O'Brien guide in English which was very useful to start but after a few hundred kilometers there was no real need. The signage is excellent and the route becomes self-evident while walking. I would say that a practical working knowledge of Spanish is essential for the Mozarabe anyway and thus armed with this Spanish guide you'll not need much more.

bjorgts

Camino(s) past & future
Caminos in Spain, France, Portugal, Germany since 2003. 2018: Finish Levante + Zamora - Verin
Thank you! No more surching for an English version. We will be there in Almeria in October. I have "a practical working knowledge of Spanish" and my husband speak Spanish, so the Spanish guide is sufficient. Looking forward to this Camino. Walking from Malaga to Córdoba in March this year, gave us the idea of walking more in South East.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 187 24.6%