• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Updated guide Almeria to Merida

Erik Anderson

Time of past OR future Camino
GR11 Hondarribia - Cabo de Creus
3 X CF SJPP to Finisterre
Camino Mozarabe, VP and Sanabres
I have not been on the site for a long time and thought I'd add a piece of information which I've just come across. The attached link is to the Almeria Jacobea site and they have produced an updated copy of their guide (June 2017) going from Almeria to Merida via Granada. It is much improved on some previous versions and I just loaded it onto my phone for reference because it has some very useful telephone numbers and other information about pilgrim accommodations. I hope this is useful. Once on the site below, scroll down the page (a little over half way) and you will find the link to download the guide (1st Edition June 2017) which is 19.5mb and in PDF. The link on the top right of the of the page under "Guia Del Camino" takes you to an earlier version of May 2017.

Buen Camino

http://www.almeriajacobea.es/

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you for the information. I am a little confuced. Do ypu mean a Spanish og an English verson? The Spanish version now says "Julio 2017/ 1o ed". Is there an updated version in English too?

Sorry for the confusion. The updated version is in Spanish at the moment. Having walked from Almeria to the Sanabres, the only real requirement is to have planning information like the accommodation, the phone numbers, the profiles and the route maps, all of which are readily understood from this Spanish edition. I used the O'Brien guide in English which was very useful to start but after a few hundred kilometers there was no real need. The signage is excellent and the route becomes self-evident while walking. I would say that a practical working knowledge of Spanish is essential for the Mozarabe anyway and thus armed with this Spanish guide you'll not need much more.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you! No more surching for an English version. We will be there in Almeria in October. I have "a practical working knowledge of Spanish" and my husband speak Spanish, so the Spanish guide is sufficient. Looking forward to this Camino. Walking from Malaga to Córdoba in March this year, gave us the idea of walking more in South East.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back