• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Updated Madrid accommodation?

alipilgrim

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Listed in my signature
Hi,

I'm flying into Madrid at the end of April 2011 to walk the Camino de Madrid. I'm arriving just after Easter, and I'd like to make a hotel/hostal reservation soon as I think that time will be very busy. As far as I could tell, it's been awhile since people posted their recommendations for a hotel/hostal in Madrid and so I wondered if there are any new or updated suggestions? I'd need only a single room for 2 nights, preferably close to a metro stop, and on the inexpensive side.

Thanks, Alipilgrim

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, Alipilgrim,

For cheap sleeps in Madrid, I always recommend the Hostal Bruna, http://www.ctv.es/hostalbruna/ It is right across the street from the Prado museum, in a GREAT eating (and drinking) neighborhood, and a couple of blocks from the metro. And if you make your reservation through the website hostelworld.com, the rooms are even cheaper. Though some of the comments on Tripadvisor complain about noise, I have stayed there three or four times and have always asked for an "habitacion interior" so the room doesn't have a window looking out onto the street. And the quiet is total. This place is simple, but spotless, and the mattresses don't sag.

I always like to plug this place because of what decent people they are. In 2009, my son was staying there for a few nights, and the night before his return to the US, he was pickpocketed and lost his wallet and all cash. The owners were kind and generous, sent him on his way with money to get to the airport and told him to send the money later. I believe that what goes around comes around and think that I should tout them whenever I can.

Buen camino, Laurie

There are over 1,000 offerings of a place to sleep in Madrid, Spain at:

http://www.couchsurfing.org

I know that many of us are not comfortable staying in a private home, but you get used to it on pilgrimages in France where chambres d'hotes are often the only spaces available. Once the concept becomes familiar, crashing on someone's couch becomes easier.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I can recommend the HOSTAL RIESCO which is only a very short walk from the SOL metro stop. It is good value for money and has friendly staff. :D

This year we discovered Hostal Viki in the old part of Barajas - an almost village scene with several restaurants set around an old porticoed square. We needed something near the airport for our flight back to S. José the next morning, but did not want to stay in one of these impersonal hotels that abound on the fringe of the airport. They do an airport shuttle and the rates are well below these large hotels. You can check them out at info@hostalviki.com, I will certainly go there again. Anne

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Just a note to anyone else trying to book ahead - I've already received a very nice email reply from Hostal Bruna, unfortunately they only take reservations 2 months in advance and they haven't yet set their prices yet for 2011. Also, hostelworld.com did not have the Bruna listed on their website...

On to the alternative suggestions.....

Hi, Ali,
I am certain that you can book Hostal Bruna on hostelworld, because a friend just did it. Maybe the website is confusing.

Try this:
go to: http://www.hostelworld.com/
Click on Spain, Madrid, then type in Bruna

Two possibilities will come up, one in Bivigliano, Italy, and the other in Madrid. You can get it from there.

Good luck! Laurie

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back